Pet Powers

dustytomes

Re: Pet Powers

Multiform, mostly, nowadays. I blame liking Power Rangers too much ... I like flashy transformation sequences. I'm still trying to work up a transformation catchphrase for Vixen, though.

Alternately, check the Disad column for 'Distinctive Features: Anthropomorphic' followed by some animal. I'm the group's DF (Designated Furry).

I'm GM most of the time so I can't say I have one.

Mm, I AM fond of higher comeliness characters, but I'm not the only person in my group that's true for.

Just the opposite for me. My character's face crack glass. :doi:

Anyhow, I tend to go for high DEX and SPD. Kind of an agility maniac.

+STR, Only to Determine Casual STR (Bought up to my full normal STR, I love shrugging off Grabs and Entangles.)

Clinging, Damage Shield (In conjunction with the above power it makes my Grabs a nightmare. Goin somewhere little man?)

Damage Reduction (I go out of my way to try to take shots intended for other members of the team.)

Maximum END (If the AP limit is 60, I will usually have 120 END. I love Sweeps, Move Throughs, Pushing when appropriate, ect.)

These builds I have only played once as they are now banned but the group still considers them to be examples of my munchkinry.

Missile Deflection, Uncontrolled

Find Weakness, Uncontrolled

Change Environment [1 Hex, -DCV], 0 END, No Range

Change Environment [1 Hex, -OCV], 0 END, No Range

+STR, Only to Determine Casual STR (Bought up to my full normal STR, I love shrugging off Grabs and Entangles.)

Clinging, Damage Shield (In conjunction with the above power it makes my Grabs a nightmare. Goin somewhere little man?)

Damage Reduction (I go out of my way to try to take shots intended for other members of the team.)

Maximum END (If the AP limit is 60, I will usually have 120 END. I love Sweeps, Move Throughs, Pushing when appropriate, ect.)

These builds I have only played once as they are now banned but the group still considers them to be examples of my munchkinry.

Missile Deflection, Uncontrolled

Find Weakness, Uncontrolled

Change Environment [1 Hex, -DCV], 0 END, No Range

Change Environment [1 Hex, -OCV], 0 END, No Range

Wouldn't "Uncontrolled Missile Deflection" be Missile deflection that only works when the GM wants it to? I don't see what the problem is. I'd be punking you on a regular basis. And having you find weakness on your own team mates just for laughts.

Wouldn't "Uncontrolled Missile Deflection" be Missile deflection that only works when the GM wants it to? I don't see what the problem is. I'd be punking you on a regular basis. And having you find weakness on your own team mates just for laughts.

That's No Conscious Control. Uncontrolled means it's running all the time, regardless of whatever else the PC may be doing, including being unconscious. This dude would be missile deflecting and finding weakness on everything around him in his SLEEP.

Which could still be good for a laugh.

*BZZTBZZTBZZT*CRUNCH*

"Oh, crap, I 1/32d the defenses on my snooze button ..."

I'm a GM much more often than player (at least for Hero). But when designing supers for me to theoretically play' date=' I can't seem to pull myself away from a swiss-army-knife Multipower (EB, AoE EB, AP EB, AF EB...).[/quote']

This type of MP would probably define almost all of my characters. However, it's the personality of the characters that stands out more than the powers: they're all "boy scouts" (even the females). They are the responsible, upstanding, by-the-rules heroes. They are always fighting the good fight.

I use flight an awful lot, but not always. I also tend to favor energy blasters, but it's not a requirement. No Normal Defense attacks are also handy, and I like to build one into just about everything I create.

But really, what gives it away as an Alice character is the PsychLim: Messed Up in the Head. (I don't do that EXACT psychological limitation, per se, but reading the PsychLims will give you the unsettling feeling that this is a person with Issues, and who probably regards beating baddies as therapy.)

I make about a billion times more characters than I actually play, given that I am active in only one PBM campaign right now. However, a lot of them seem to have OIHID and some form of Regeneration. I'm a big fan of a low level of resistent defenses (built tough), plus another level of Hardened defenses (super-fast healing).

I'm also a big fan of the "person transforming into an avatar of something" theme. (See OIHID, above.) And Talents! I loves me my Eidetic Memory.

EDIT: ah yes, and Distinctive Features: Mystic Aura.

I have noticed most of my characters have at least average or above average for Defenses, not always by a lot, but I try to make even my non bricks tough enough to take a solid shot. Little is more annoying in game than to get taken out in one shot first phase and have to sit out the rest of the fight.

General 'tricks' all of my characters seem to have:

1. EGO, Defensive Only (-1) - this is becuase unless the character is a mentalist, there's almost no reason to pay for offensive EGO.

2. PRE, Offensive Only (-1) - as a correlary to #1; if you have defensive EGO, there's no reason to have defensive PRE.

3a. 1 point of Mental Defense, 2x hardened, nonpersistent - a minor power I give to any character that has any sort of experience in being a superhero; it represents the general 'focused will' that many heroes seem to have.

3b. 3 points of Power Defense, 2x hardened, nonpersistent - same as 3a, above. Generally there to take the edge off of any sort of mental or physical transformation. The hardened is added in mainly to avoid wierd powers like "1 point Major Transform, 2x penetrating, continuous, Increased Effect 30 points".

4. 10 point cosmic VPP, Power Tricks Only (-1/2), Must Practice to add more powers (-1/4) - represents the practiced power tricks a character would have.

5. EC with a travel, Offense, Defense, and Sensory power - this, plus the VPP above, is the standard design I usually come up with for any given hero. This was a design suggestion I remember hearing once, and have took to heart: those four powers are so important to have in a general supers game that it's hard for me NOT to justify putting them in.

• 2 weeks later...