Twist off the WWYCD

quozaxx

Instead of a WWYCD. I propose a different type of situation:

It's holiday season, and let's say your GM has given you a present. Not the normal type of present. An envelope.

Inside of the envelope it says "Merry Christmas" (or whatever you chose to celebrate this time of year),

"I have decided to give your character 25 bonus experience points." (or each of your characters, if you have more than one)

What would you spend your xp on?

Re: Twist off the WWYCD

Volt I would split it 15 on tk (vs metallic only) 10 on absorbption (electric & magnetic only)

Olorin would buy off his 15 pt disad unfamiliar with earth culture (he does learn fast after all) and the rest would go into his VPP.

Black Tiger 10 points to up his speed, the rest to up his CV.

Futurian 5 points to buy "unfamiliar with present earth culture" down to uncommon moderate (he's learning!) the rest to CV

Black Cat spreads it around - 5 more points in her mental pool, some skills, some superskills.

Meeb would buy Universal Scientists, and some other skills - reflecting getting more of his memory back.

Smokeater would up his MP, buy another Ranged MA MDC, a level or two in DCV. Add a few new slots to the MP - they are in the middle of a war - pretty much everything would go to combat.

Terminal Velocity would up his Speedster Tricks MP by another 10 pts (to 50) and buy a grundle of new slots. Plus some in non combat skills (up his PS Chef by a point or two).

Sift would buy off a bunch of limitations

Out of my current games...

Artemis would likely pick up more armor, and likely strength and willpower, plus a couple more points in skills.

Nox, if disallowed from her big purchase, would likely up her weapon damage, finally buy a companion creature, and raise her skills...or maybe reputation.

Zepher would up her skills and her Superspeed. And maybe her defense.

Deuce would probably finish the Find Weakness buy he's been saving for, boost his CSLs or Damage Levels some more, put a few more points into his gadget pools, and then start saving for the fact that he's actually the living avatar of the voodoo god Baron Samedi, and therefore cannot be killed by conventional means.

Black Mask would buy up the size of his Lucid Dreaming Multi-Power, add a few slots with new abilities.

Hell's Angel and Iron Maiden would both buy up their Reputation as a Genre (science fiction/fantasy) Novelist to cover a larger group and give them more dice; i.e., their careers are taking off. Iron Maiden would also buy her DEX and SPD up, since SPD 4 just doesn't cut it.

Jake the Troll - doesn't actually use character points. (he's a plot device in PC form.)

Icon - I've already got the 250-to-350 point spread out for her; the next 25 points are to be spent on her costume (10 point EC), a depleted-neutronium escrima stick (another 10 point EC) and 5 points towards a "Experienced Tactician" skill-based EC (10 points, 5 of which are already spent in the character.)

Shinji Miromoto - buying a 10-15 point "team player" EC, plus maybe a general skill level.

Widower - paying down his 450 point XP debt.

I like earning my XP more. But for "radiation accident" purposes...

Anthem would find she was able to elude almost any grasp. It's Desolidification only vs. grabs and some entangles, requires an escape artist roll, an extra phase.

Audra Blue would develop a companion. Likely a pet. Either a whacky robot from the base's resident steam-bot technician or a real pet, like a dog, rescued during a mission.

Wow, if I had 25 XP to spend on most of my characters, I'd either buy off limitations, disads the GM didn't feel like addressing, or add points to the character's bases, vehicles, and skills lists.

I don't like it when my character gets a new power and it suddenly comes "free" or out of the blue. New skills that freshen up concept, sure.

But I like doing things the hard way, so I probably wouldn't spend any of those points on combat.

Zero would want to put it all into his mentalism. 25 more points into his mental illusions multipool would be nice. Altho 'nice' for how potent those illusions would now be isn't the best word to be using.

My other character, Vitus, not so obvious. He's already got the unspent points to achieve his overwhelming goal, of recreating his lost homeworld - if only the local superhumans would 1) let him dismember Cthulhu alive as a sacrifice and 2) overwrite the Champions universe with his own.

Altho given the way the two universes are collapsing together anyway, it's entirely possibly he'll just have to sit back and let it happen.

25 points... his complete lack of life support enchantments, and vunerability to, for example, handcuffs, is becoming increasingly apparent. Some of those points put into a Ring of Frustrate GM's Planned Biochem Warfare Attacks would be nice, as would an improved armour. EGO defence is also required, altho Vitus is certainly unconvential enough to twist many supervillian orders to his own ends.

And anyway, after next sessions game he'll have enough points to matriculate his class-full of loyal, talented, and above all morally flexible students of magic...

Luna Moth would buy some skill levels, mostly to improve her weak areas and to emphasize that she is learning from her multitude of close calls with the police and other supers.

The Flying Kittens, would put it towards buying off a couple power limitations. It's one thing to show up just when the team is in a bad position, it's quite another when just showing up puts the team in a bad position.

Arachne would... I don't know what I'd do with Arachne. She's currently sitting on 25 or 30 unspent points from the last couple of adventures that I don't know what to spend on. :think:

Batroc ze Fightaire would probably buy a few more gizmos (or make some of the more useful gizmos in her VPP permanent), and maybe a few more martial maneuvers.

Instead of a WWYCD. I propose a different type of situation:

It's holiday season, and let's say your GM has given you a present. Not the normal type of present. An envelope.

Inside of the envelope it says "Merry Christmas" (or whatever you chose to celebrate this time of year),

"I have decided to give your character 25 bonus experience points." (or each of your characters, if you have more than one)

What would you spend your xp on?

Flaming Mystic barely notices (City of heroes character)

Mike the Demoness would, first, buy whatever the GM trims from the original character proposal. (Her actual sheet is being hashed out.) If, on the other paw, we're talking about an actual upgrade /starting/ with that proposal, I'd have her figure out how to access some of her inherent demonic energy, do a bit of studying, and acquire a Ritual Magic MP or VPP. If any points are left, picking up an enchanted Focus or two in the form of amulets, charms, or talismans.

Rubber Mousie is in a similar state of undefinedness with her sheet. Once that's taken care of... a 25-point upgrade would probably go to a few 'practical' things, such as a low-point Base, maybe one or two 1-point apartment hideaway-bases, some local Contacts, a utility belt; the general sort of things that distinguish an established local superhero from the new kid on the block.