Poll: What do you play

Crypt

and what are your plans.

Currently:

- Fantasy Hero : a high fantasy version of Hârn + crossworlds (Yashain, Arduin, etc.)

Plan:

- A low level Post Apocalyptic Hero campaign based on the video game STALKER - Shadow of Chernobyl.

Guest steamteck

Re: Poll: What do you play

Currently a multiverse campaign of linked parallel universes. Main stages and home bases are a Supers/pulp world, a classic space opera/semi-supers universe and the Steampunk/fantasy/ Highlander vs Vampire world. All HERO games since they're linked of course. They used to be completely separate for literally over 2 decades then I linked them its really revitalized things incredibly Thanks to Lord Mhoram for the multiverse campaign inspiration.

Currently Active:

Champions, using primarly CU material. 200+150 Superheroic

Champions, homebrew. 200+150 Superheroic

Urban Fantasy, HudsonCity+GM stuff. 75+75 Heroic

High Powered Fantasy, homebrew. 150+100 Heroic

Teen Champions, homebrew. 100+100 Superheroic

Horror, homebrew. 25+25 Heroic

About to be active again:

Space Opera, TE+GM stuff. 75+75 Heroic

Recently finished/closed:

Champions, homebrew. 200+150 Suerpheroic

Crossdimensional Cyberpunk, homebrew 100+50 Heroic w/ Powers (30 Real Point Limit) (a reboot campaign that was abandoned for a number of reasons. - the previous campaign ended as the characters approached 1000 Points, the orginal story finally ended.)

Fantasy Hero, I GM'd. 50+50 Heroic

Future Plans:

Lucha Libre, will GM, in the planning stages

As you can see, I play all over the place from Low to High and in between..

Nothing, damn it. But if I could get my creative ass in gear and prepare a campaign, I could probably get a Fantasy Hero game going. I'm trying to do the same with a brief Champions game for my wife and kids to try out, but I'm getting hung up on character creation this time for some stupid reason.

Currently

A Pulp game set just a little before WWII.

A superhero game in which the Champions are dead, Dr. Destroyer has cloned a younger version of himself, and the Warlord controls New Jersey.

A political High Fantasy game set in our own world where we just when from adventurers to low level nobles.

A Shadowrun type game.

A second Pulp game where we are working as explorers for hire under Howard Hughes.

Planned

:confused: Most of my group has RPGADD, so we rarely stick to a plan for the next game unless we make characters for it as soon as it is mentioned.

We are currently playing 2 games

1) a Fantasy Hero Game loosely translated from our 4e Forgotten Realms Game.

2) A Star Hero Game based on Serenity.

What I will be running when/if those 2 campaigns run out of steam. My Urban Fantasy Hero Game "Summerlanders"

Though I would be open to a Champions game. I guess we will probably play a 6e Champions MiniSeries after 6e ships (and HD 6th Edition is ready). This is a good way for us to give the new rules a try. Dunno if we will switch to the new rules, depends on what everyone thinks of them.

I run a Fantasy Hero game very sporadically (a 5 or 8 session adventure every year or so). We rotate through 3 different Champs games all the time, and the Wife runs me a solo game that is sort of Champs - She is an inter-dimensional agent (Yeah, that's Black Cat), but the game doesn't really use any superhero tropes. The closest comics I can think of would be Grimjack, and that is a fair distance.

I am playing in:

A weekly face-to-face Champions game, though we're in the final few sessions before it wraps up. Then we'll probably switch to a Seventh Sea game for a while. This is the game in which I've played the Black Knight and currently play Rose Hancock (who've been mentioned in other posts).

An online Champions game: The Conquistadors, on NextGEN (http://www.nextgenrpg.com). I'm playing a solo heroine (Raven), though most of the PCs are members of a team--the Conquistadors.

An online Mutants & Masterminds game: The New Era at RPGFusion (http://rpg-fusion.com/node)

Planned games:

Whatever follows the face-to-face Champions game. Probably 7th Sea for a while.

No others are planned. I'm spending most of my creativity on writing these days instead of gaming.

Friday night gaming group:

Currently Vampire the Masquerade, but there is a 7th Sea campaign waiting in the wings, and talk of moving to a Werewolf the Apocalypse game to give our current GM a break.

Saturday Monthly gaming group:

Champions!

Doc

Current:

• Fantasy using Shadowrun 3 rules as a base. Currently on hiatus due to scheduling constraints.

Planned

• Star HERO. Planning on resuming my Gemini Ascendant campaign. Started out as 75/75 but the characters are now about 275 - 300 points each. Long-term serial campaign. Based roughly on TV seasons, it has recently shifted to a 12 episode per season arc. Each episode will take from 1-3 sessions to play. Estimated start date - the Wednesday after Gen-Con.
  • Urban Fantasy/Dark Conspiracy using Shadowrun 3rd Edition rules but set in modern times - Hudson City. Planning on using the same episodic/TV format as Gemini Ascendant but the episodes will be spaced further apart. May be more like a two-part mini-series between the Gemini Ascendant seasons.

Unofficially Planned (meaning someday I would like to)

• Ars Magica meets 7th Sea meets Ravenloft. Something that combines elements of both Gothic Horror and Swashbuckling Adventure. Probably not using HERO, as I tend to get blocks when coming up with tightly defined magic systems versus open-ended success. Might actually use the freely available Ars Magica 4th Edition rules. May use a variant of Fuzion. Totally nothing more than a fancy right now. The question is; can I homebrew a magic system using my tarokka decks. I love the fate witches from 7th Sea. :eg:

Champions - silver age game, I am player, face to face.

Dark Champions - player face to face.

*GM a Champions game - silver age game different universe to the above. Face to Face.

The above three games rotate gamemasters and meet once every two weeks.

Play in PBM (rarely online) StarHero-Fantasy combined game.

Play in PBM FantasyHero game.

*GM a Globetrotting Air-based Pulp game using Skype and Maptool. It meets a once a month.

Maybe play in new online game, will find out this weekend.

* Games I GameMaster.

*Dragonball South Galaxy - An EU spinoff of Dragonball that takes place after the canon storyline

*Rifts HERO Japan - Exactly what it says.

*UNITY - Take the Champions Universe's UNTIL superteam UNITY, stir in Justice League Unlimited, and lace it with the Avengers Initiative from Marvel Universe.

Valdorian Age - Also as it says on the tin.

Mercs - A military action Dark Champions campaign.

Super-You - Who hasn't played a supers campaign where you play as yourselves but with superpowers?

This is my group's game of such type.

Jurassic Park 4 - A team of soldiers/hunters has been hired to protect a group of scientists who have returned to Isla Sora to collect the remains of the dinosaur DNA from the first movie.

Everything goes about as you would expect, action-packed and all, when, well, one of our own got killed by a Predator.

It's only getting started...

Munchkin HERO - A very laissez-faire game of epically absurd power levels. It's not about point limits, its about no limits.

Case in point: the last time we played, Uwe Boll and Michael Bay were given a nearly unlimited budget to make a real-life action movie produced by Darkseid, Ozymandias, Megatron, Onslaught, King Koopa, and Vince McMahon.

Superman (Silver Age no less), Steven Seagal (with the Power Cosmic; long story), Lobo, and more were cast for this movie (that would be the PC's), but things went awry as they had to face off against the producers for creative differences, and to illustrate what kind of madcap absurdities this campaign delivers on, picture Onslaught using Megatron as a handgun, Silver Age Superman trying to inspire Chuck Norris, Sylvester Stallone, and Arnold Schwarzenagger to join the fight with the producers, and Steven Seagal Sending an Invincible King Koopa to the Phantom Zone with a Buddhist Palm Technique. :D

* I run this campaign

Champions - silver age game, I am player, face to face.

Dark Champions - player face to face.

*GM a Champions game - silver age game different universe to the above. Face to Face.

The above three games rotate gamemasters and meet once every two weeks.

Play in PBM (rarely online) StarHero-Fantasy combined game.

Play in PBM FantasyHero game.

*GM a Globetrotting Air-based Pulp game using Skype and Maptool. It meets a once a month.

Maybe play in new online game, will find out this weekend.

* Games I GameMaster.

Forgot to mention the Fantasy Hero game, face to face. I am in so many games I can forget them sometimes.

I'm currently game mastering a Champions in the Shadows game where super humans have only just begun to appear in today's world. The players are trying to fight villains while keeping away from the public and the police. Some believe that soon a global war between superhuman factions will begin.

Not sure what would be next. A Lankhmar campaign could be great fun, or perhaps a game in the Shadowrun universe.

Currently nothing. I will be in a DnD 3.5 game as soon as the GM has his world ready to play in. I'm hoping once that game gets going and I get to know the other players well (I only know the GM and 1 player at the moment), to get them intested in something HERO in the down times of the DnD game.

Hiya.

Not playing HERO...in fact, we've (my and my group) have never played it. That said, I'm working on a campaign set up for it that I'd like to take for a spin this comming winter. Anyway...

It combines Sci-Fi, Fantasy and Post Apocalyptic HERO (wierd, but I have a 'plausable' explaination for it all). Monsters will be more 'realistic' in terms of mutated animals and crazed cyborgs and robots, and magic will be very rare (no real "dragons" or "genies"...but boar-faced orcs and small lizard-like dog-men are totally doable).

^_^

Paul L. Ming