How to make the Loner feel not so Lonely?

SimComm

Re: How to make the Loner feel not so Lonely?

SSgt Baloo:

Thanks for the compliment (sorry if it seemed like I was fishing for one, after re-reading my lines of self-deprecation, I guess it could seem like it. I wasn't really looking for one, it's sadly just how I write...)

I guess I might find someone who could put up with me someday, but I'm not really searching. I figure that I'll have to put my life together before I think of adding anyone else to the mix. But since I just found a bunch of friends (who'll listen to my nonsense), it'll be good enough. :)

First of all, you weren't fishing. I'm old enough to know the difference between self-deprecation and things that might look like it. I just thought it needed saying. Even average-looking people are attractive, especially once you mature to the point that your hormones aren't jerking you around. Give yourself some credit. You come across like a good, decent person. What's not to like?*

*Not a pick-up-line. I'm pretty sure I'm "Old People" by your standards.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sort of a weird question, but when do threads stop?

My loner problem is kind of done for a bit, and I've noticed that it's been mostly my insane J-girl craziness lately.

I like this thread, but I don't want it to get locked if we go off topic or something?

-SC

Threads drift like continents on the Hero Boards.

They stop when people grow tired on them.

Or we all die of topic shift induced whiplash. :hush:

A great many threads end on a totally different topic than they started on.

:o

Sorry to be so evasive, it's not like I'm trying to tease anyone, it's just that I'm sort of worried about the whole safety issue (I know you all are nice, but you never know who may come across these replies... Maybe I'm just over-worrying again...)

Don't worry about it. I'm just teasing. You'll find that I'm like that. I'm one of the (vanishingly few) not-nice guys here. :eg: I have absolutely no need to know, and you shouldn't tell me. Doesn't mean I'm going to stop guessing, though. :eg:

...you sure it's not Fin Fang Foom? :think:

:o

Well, I didn't want to make it a big mystery or anything.

My name is Japanese (I'm Japanese, there's a lot of Japanese in NY, so I guess that's not giving away anything big).

But there's probably not that many girl Japanese Champions GM's out there...

Sorry to be so evasive, it's not like I'm trying to tease anyone, it's just that I'm sort of worried about the whole safety issue (I know you all are nice, but you never know who may come across these replies... Maybe I'm just over-worrying again...)

-SC

No one here has a need to know you by any name but the use name you chose.

If you eventually decide you trust some of us enough to share, you can do it privately.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary chews discontentedly

Francis? Federico? Ferdinand? Fred? Frank? Fibinocci? Fabio? Faust? Filipe? Feivel? Fergie? Filbert? Flash? Fitzpatrick? Floyd? Fry? Forbes500? Fastback?

Am I getting close? :drink:

I choose D.

Fred.

Final Answer.

In before the lock,

KA.

I wish that the internet was not so dangerous that I could just give everyone my name.

It seems that many of my friends (mostly girls) have had a bad internet relationship.

This one is my first real internet social activity, and I have been having a good time :)

-SC

Don't worry about it. I'm just teasing. You'll find that I'm like that. I'm one of the (vanishingly few) not-nice guys here. :eg: I have absolutely no need to know, and you shouldn't tell me. Doesn't mean I'm going to stop guessing, though. :eg:

...you sure it's not Fin Fang Foom? :think:

Has teh bunneh skipped his meds again?

:doi:

I wish that the internet was not so dangerous that I could just give everyone my name.

It seems that many of my friends (mostly girls) have had a bad internet relationship.

This one is my first real internet social activity, and I have been having a good time :)

Don't worry, we'll probably scare you off eventually. :D

Just keep in mind that RPG geeks are a bit weird even by the standards of the internet (or in real life - I often wonder what non-gamers who inadvertantly listen to our gaming group's discussions about our campaign at lunch are thinking).

-SC

On the other hand, my stepdaughter married a man she met online.

You have to be careful, but there are a lot of good people online.

Lucius Alexander

Not many of us have palindromedaries, though.

On the other hand, my stepdaughter married a man she met online.

You have to be careful, but there are a lot of good people online.

Lucius Alexander

Not many of us have palindromedaries, though.

My wife and I met online. We've been married 13 years in October. :love::celebrate: :thumbup::cheers:

Chris Goodwin:

That is a wonderful thing to hear! 13 years! Congratulations!

You did not meet her with Champions I assume though? :)

(I do not think even HERO is that powerful... ?)

-SC

Actually, Champions truly is that powerful, as proved by one of our other posters:

I have a wonderful wife' date=' whom I met because she was running the Champions game when I moved into the area. So I can honestly say that if it were not for Champions I would never have met my wife.[/quote']

I wish I had this power...

Although what would you do if you found more than one...

Or never one at all... :(

-SC

I think if you had this power you'd find that there is always more than one. Unless, of course, you are so reprehensible that good, decent people will have nothing to do with you (and even then there'd probably be a few sickos lining up). :eg:

Matchmaker' date=' matchmaker, find me a match[/i'] - Detect Soulmate, Sense, Range, Telescopic

"Matchmaker, matchmaker, make me a match,

Find me a find, catch me a catch."

Alas, you have to define it before you can detect it. Before such a power would work in a game, someone has to answer the question: What's a "soulmate?"

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary thinks SimComm needs to define "soul" if player characters are buying and selling them.

"Matchmaker, matchmaker, make me a match,

Find me a find, catch me a catch."

Alas, you have to define it before you can detect it. Before such a power would work in a game, someone has to answer the question: What's a "soulmate?"

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary thinks SimComm needs to define "soul" if player characters are buying and selling them.

Much like a "Soul" or "Spirit" or other abstract idea it would vary from campaign to campaign/game to game. Still a legitimate build as long as you and your GM aggree on the definition.

Unless' date=' of course, you are so reprehensible that good, decent people will have nothing to do with you (and even then there'd probably be a few sickos lining up). :eg:[/quote']

I beg to differ! Teh Bunneh is married, and I have it on good authority that she's not a sicko! (My money is on "she was heavily drugged when he proposed"...)

Just kidding, bunneh boy! :D