[New Product] Champions Complete

Jason S.Walters

Re: [New Product] Champions Complete

I know it has only been two weeks since I bought the physical copy, but I haven't receved it yet. And when I look at it, there is no ability to check the order's progress, only 'Item Mailed'. How would I know if it is going to arive or has it goten lost?

Let me state, please excuse my language for this post.

Now that I got that warning out of the way...FRACK! FRACK! I FRACKED UP BIG TIME!

Now what got me to Galatican Swair? Well, it is a long story. When I first ordered my first thing from Hero Games, I was so nervice I messed up my adress. Forcently, I noticed it in time, and sent a corection note, and my damaged HS6E1 arived on time.

Unforcently, with this order, I forgot to corect the mailing adress. In fact, I diden't think it was wrong till I looked it over Monday...two weeks to late to do anything about it.

Which means somebody has a free rpg book. And I waisted $40+ for a $20 cyberdocument, which is sitting there till I download it into an e-reader I don't have yet, but soon.

What do you think my options are?

As for blame, that is all my fault. My mistake. My wrong.

Do you own a black ski mask?

Sneak into house ( make a stealth roll 11-),

Find the book ( make a perception roll 12-)

Persuade the police it really is your book ( make a persuasion roll 11-)

Cal lawyer and explain it really was your book

Do you own a black ski mask?

Sneak into house ( make a stealth roll 11-),

Find the book ( make a perception roll 12-)

Persuade the police it really is your book ( make a persuasion roll 11-)

Cal lawyer and explain it really was your book

That last is Contacts, by the way...or maybe just start rolling your Luck dice ;)

If the address doesn't exist' date=' it'll probably come back to Hero Games as undeliverable. Explain the situation to Tina or Jason, and when it comes back they might be able to ship it out to you.[/quote']

That should be the result if the address does not exist. I'd offer to pay the shipping costs.

If the address doesn't exist' date=' it'll probably come back to Hero Games as undeliverable. Explain the situation to Tina or Jason, and when it comes back they might be able to ship it out to you.[/quote']

Finaly, someone with a solution which sounds reasionable AND legal. I'll try it.

Finaly' date=' someone with a solution which sounds reasionable AND legal. I'll try it.[/quote']

I don't think there was anything illegal about the earlier suggestion of "contact the people at that address and see if they would kindly give you your stuff back". You had two legit answers and one joke​.

• 3 weeks later...

We lost lots of post in the move, haven't we?

Anyways, I just got the physical copy of Champions Complete Wensday of last, and I have to say, Derek, is that you outdone yourself on it.

Anyways, I am now working on doing a converting guide to converting the villains of the three Villain Volumes over to "advance 6ed" to "ChampCom". Right now I am up to Boomslang (from COIL). Got to love the electronic copys and a cheep $70 E-Book Reader.

My only complant is this about the E-Books as thay show on my Reader...when it gets to the stat boxes, thay read them as ARTWORK, which requiers me to break out the magnifieng glass.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What a tremendous book Champions Complete is. I got my copy a couple of weeks ago and already half my group have bought their own as well and we are launching a new Champions campaign in two weeks time, our first game in, well, more than 10 years. It is exactly what was needed after the off-putting bloat of 5th and 6th editions.

Truth be told, prior to the arrival of Champions Complete I had actually dug out my old copy of Original Champions (the 64 page typeset one with the monochrome Mark Williams cover) with a view to using that to get the gang back together.

Well done to all concerned - this is inspirational stuff.

• 1 month later...

I just got the physical copy of Champions Complete Wensday of last, and I have to say, Derek, is that you outdone yourself on it.

Anyways, I am now working on doing a converting guide to converting the villains of the three Villain Volumes over to "advance 6ed" to "ChampCom". Right now I am up to Boomslang (from COIL). Got to love the electronic copys and a cheep $70 E-Book Reader.

My only complant is this about the E-Books as thay show on my Reader...when it gets to the stat boxes, thay read them as ARTWORK, which requiers me to break out the magnifieng glass.

What a tremendous book Champions Complete is. I got my copy a couple of weeks ago and already half my group have bought their own as well and we are launching a new Champions campaign in two weeks time, our first game in, well, more than 10 years. It is exactly what was needed after the off-putting bloat of 5th and 6th editions.

Truth be told, prior to the arrival of Champions Complete I had actually dug out my old copy of Original Champions (the 64 page typeset one with the monochrome Mark Williams cover) with a view to using that to get the gang back together.

Well done to all concerned - this is inspirational stuff.

Thanks, folks! :)

Finally bought my copy when I saw a couple on the shelf at a local Bricks & Mortar store.

I'm not sure how I feel about the streamlining, but I have 6e so I can take either approach.  For a new Hero gamer, I think this approach is much less intimidating.

From a shelf appeal perspective, the cover is much more eye catching.  It screams "Supers", but I think catching a good portion of one genre's fans is a better approach than catching a small portion of the general gamer population.  "OTHER GENRE Complete" provides the option of highlighting a different genre.  Monochrome with a second color for text is pretty inconsistent with the rest of the industry's marketing (although that does make the big books unusual on the shelf - but I'm not sure the store owners know where to put it).

Anyone from Hero able to comment on whether sales appear to be supporting this new approach?  It's been out for a while, hasn't it?

ADDENDUM:  Wow, a lot of 6e books are out of print.  I'm out of touch - any new releases planned/announced from Hero?

• 3 months later...

As someone new to the Hero system I think this book was made for me. Still waiting on the hard copy but I've read the PDF and outline a practice character.

I'm very familiar with many other systems so I didn't have any problems grasping the basics. The parts I had to re-read a few times to get it to click was the difference between the various forms of protection. There was Power Defense, Resistance Protection, and Deflection and without playing I had no idea which to take and how much to take.

The only area that I'm not 100% comfortable with would be the rules for Multipower Frameworks. I get the general idea, you have powers that you can't use at the same time so you put them I a framework to save costs. The thing is, it felt like I was cheating. Like I was getting too good of a deal.

Once I think I've got it right I'll post a Multipower Framework in another thread and ask you guys if I'm doing it right.

The only problem with this book is that there isn't enough time in the day to do all the things I want to do with it!

• 3 years later...