Today's Dumb Criminal Story ...

• 3 weeks later...

Wow. That guy had balls. And now he can afford gold balls.

I heard the main ingredient to pull something like this off is to act as if you belong there. Show no sign of uncertainty and nobody will doubt you belong there.

It's true.  If I go on site to a store sometimes I'll just walk behind the cash and start clicking on icons.  It's a test of store readiness and you'd be surprised how many times the staff will fail the test and will do nothing or will back off if I say "IT" without any context instead of following their policies and procedures manual.

Well, in the local paper, today, some woman is going to be sentenced in September.  Evidently, while with her child, and the child's father.   She got into an argument with the man, and when he went to his vehicle, she decided to plow into him before he got their, temporarily pinning him against his own vehicle.  Worst injury for him turned out to be a sprained spine at least.

Really hope they give her jail time, that's a bit crazy. 

What he did was dumb, but he was reacting to something even dumber.

Man charged after fiery argument over whether Earth is flat or round

Mostly I comment to the "something even dumber".

My ultimative argument has always been "reality disagrees". So far nobody has found a retort ot that, but some really far out people manage to just ignore it and repeat the same thing again like a broken CD.

I life by a simple motto about freedom:

You can do whatever you want to do, as long as you do not interfere with the wellbeing or freedom of another person.

But people who believe the earth is flat when living in a 1st world nation with hundreds of satelites and satelite images are in my view not mentally capable to make thier own decisions. Especialyl not decisions corcerning other peopels freedom and wellbeing.

Nothing bad about that state:

Any person below 18 years is not considered fully able to make thier own decisions. And people with strong mental or emotional disabilities are also not considered able to make thier own decisions (temporarily or permanently). These guys are just some of the those special cases that need some throrough help to figure out what is wrong with them. And soon. Before they try to do stuff like becomming intimate with a Wall Socket, or something like that (it was the only thing that made about remotely the same sense I could think of).