Today's Dumb Criminal Story ...

Well, McDonald's is the big offender of this for me anyway.  And no they don't ask, so you have to tell them specifically no mayonnaise.  Then, they look at you with extreme confusion like you just gave them the answer to a difficult calculus problem.  ANd then put the mayonnaise on the burger.   To be fair, every other place I have little to no trouble with, and I long since stopped going to McDonald's.   It would be nice if people could figure out with condiments that it is easier to add than remove (indeed impossible to remove).

I used to try to get less mayo on my spicy chicken sandwiches, I don't think ANY company go that right. 

Well, McDonald's is the big offender of this for me anyway.  And no they don't ask, so you have to tell them specifically no mayonnaise.  Then, they look at you with extreme confusion like you just gave them the answer to a difficult calculus problem.  ANd then put the mayonnaise on the burger.   To be fair, every other place I have little to no trouble with, and I long since stopped going to McDonald's.   It would be nice if people could figure out with condiments that it is easier to add than remove (indeed impossible to remove).

Wendy's for me.

What I order - a Junior Bacon Cheeseburger with just lettuce, mayo, and ketchup on the burger.

Noteworthy results:

- a junior bacon cheeseburger without cheese or bacon

- no lettuce, mayo, ketchup

- just mustard

- a bun with just lettuce, mayo, and ketchup

Various Wendy's all over the country and I probably go every week or two and they get it wrong often enough that after 20 years of the same order it still surprises me a little when they get it right.

• 3 weeks later...

I nominate: All the "Horror Clowns" in Germany.

Thus far they have been:

Biten by a Dachshund. And biten and beaten by the owner of said Dachshund.

Knived in self Defense.

Beaten by a Bicycle Driver in self defense, who then left the scene.

I guess the Police informing people over the media and social media on what constitutes "acceptable self defense" if you meet a Horrorclown let that trend realy backfiring.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not going to click on that because I want to simply enjoy the absurdity of that headline.

Does not appear to be as absurd as one might think first.

"Police suspect he tried to use individual Cheetos as an accelerant, perhaps being unable to find any paper. In fact, according to Lifehacker, chips like Doritos and Cheetos can actually be used to ignite a blaze. In fact, one commenter says that Cheetos, described as “fire-friendly,” work “even better” than the others. Another user explains, “If you think about it, its basically pure hydrocarbons (which burn) soaked in fat (which burns).”"

Of course that "information" is from Lifehacker.com. So reliability is questionable at best.

Does not appear to be as absurd as one might think first.

"Police suspect he tried to use individual Cheetos as an accelerant, perhaps being unable to find any paper. In fact, according to Lifehacker, chips like Doritos and Cheetos can actually be used to ignite a blaze. In fact, one commenter says that Cheetos, described as “fire-friendly,” work “even better” than the others. Another user explains, “If you think about it, its basically pure hydrocarbons (which burn) soaked in fat (which burns).”"

Of course that "information" is from Lifehacker.com. So reliability is questionable at best.

For the record, when I said I wasn't going to click on it, that didn't mean I wanted someone to tell me what was in it here.

I was rather enjoying my mental image of some guy rapidly rubbing two Cheetos together trying to get a spark.

For the record, when I said I wasn't going to click on it, that didn't mean I wanted someone to tell me what was in it here.

I was rather enjoying my mental image of some guy rapidly rubbing two Cheetos together trying to get a spark.

And now I'm picturing alternate lyrics to the Starland Vocal Band's greatest hit.

"Rubbin' two Cheetos together makes the sparks ignite"

You would be shocked with what all can burn. You can literally burn Coffee Powder. Hence why Dust Explosions are a thing.

For that mater, you can actually run the more robust diesel engines on stuff like used Cooking Oil or Liquid Manure (you need to filter out anything chunky, it is not "top grade" fuel, and more modern diesel engines might have a problem - but it works).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...