In other news...

tkdguy

Did the kid who brought in the peppers actually do anything wrong? The article says that he/she was "disciplined".

I guess maybe middle school kids haven't yet developed the judgement to be held responsible for what they decide to eat? I normally figure that anyone who eats something like that deserves what they get.

I should have put a warning on the previous post: don't read the comments.

But everyone should know that by now.

NEVER read the comments.

The few I read were relatively tame.   interesting link to an article on sea level rise in the period, and it would be interesting to double check the short list of other buildings from the same era

according to Chief of Police statement I heard, mostly due to "repeat offenders", another statement said repeat firearm violators.   Is that code speak for Gang bangers?   Oh, I found out this week that Facebook censors Gangbangers, only showing the G.  

according to Chief of Police statement I heard, mostly due to "repeat offenders", another statement said repeat firearm violators.   Is that code speak for Gang bangers?   Oh, I found out this week that Facebook censors Gangbangers, only showing the G.  

A statement by the CPD I heard on the radio flatly said gang members. Mostly reprisals for insults to each other. (Forget how he put it, but juvenile B.S. that normal people don't kill each other over was the gist of it.) He also said that a tiny number of repeat offenders was responsible for the vast majority of shootings in the city.

It's the most admissions of this being a social problem directly related to the gang violence in the city that I've seen come out of Chicago. Of course, they'll probably soon call (again) for gun bans in neighboring states, because they seem to be deluded into thinking that if they can control other states' people, that'll somehow solve the problems they have with a small population of their people.