In other news...

tkdguy

Besides...going into the field is a perfect opp for Pokemon Go!

Perfect way for a savvy insurgent to lay a trap for the enemy....

For the most part I actually agree with the commandant. Smartphones do not belong on the battlefield, period. And when you join the Marines or Army, you've got to know that certain sacrifices go with the job (like not always choosing where you live or what you eat, having to keep certain things secret from just about everyone, etc.) Time for Private Snafu to make a comeback and remind soldiers just what they signed up for.

A modern Private Snafu series. Might be just the thing, actually.

The Journal is reporting on the water poisoning crisis. Apparently two bureaucrats decided to reverse the warning against drinking well water. And they used the wrong standard. They decided to say that the toxicologist is at fault in an open letter which caused the toxicologist's boss to quit and send thorough breakdown of the original warning and show how these guys were idiots. This has added fuel to the governor's race since McCrory is trying to back his guys against environmental groups across the state which led to the campaign managers having a thing. McCrory's campaign ,manager called out Roy Cooper, the governor's opponent and the attorney general, for not defending the state against these allegations of wrong doing. Cooper's manager fired back that it was in McCrory's best interest to fire anybody lying about the chromium 6, and maybe he should resign his office since he seems to be hip deep in wrong doing

CES 

Ryan Lochte and other US swimmers were robbed.

Fortunately, nobody was hurt.

Physically perhaps, but nobody is ever not harmed by being the victim of a violent crime. I've never had anyone draw a gun, place it against my forehead, and threaten to pull the trigger and send a quarter-ounce of malleable metal through my brain at high velocity. But I don't live in a movie or a comic book. I'm not an action hero or a PC. I can't imagine not being terrified out of my wits and being in panic for basically the rest of my life.

I wonder if the reason it is so easy for extortionists in Rio to get police uniforms is that they were issued them -- because they are actual cops (who have reportedly not been paid in months).