In other news...

tkdguy

You already know, in my case. Shall I boast about my circular slide rule again?

Or using an old analog planimeter?

Or driving a three on the tree?

Or peeing on the Berlin Wall shortly after it went up?

I've always appreciated your contributions on The Wheel.  It's been really helpful to mankind.  :)

And thanks for Fire, also.

Aussie Rules Grand Final - fairytales happen.  

Match report: Dogs dust Swans to snap 62-year drought

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-01/match-report-grand-final-sydney-swans-v-western-bulldogs

THE WESTERN Bulldogs have broken the AFL's longest existing premiership drought and completed the most unlikely finals run of all time to win their second Grand Final with a 22-point win over the Sydney Swans.

The Bulldogs kicked the final three goals of the game to triumph 13.11 (89) to 10.7 (67), a win that broke the club's 62-year premiership drought and ensured coach Luke Beveridge and his side will join Charlie Sutton's 1954 team in Bulldogs immortality.

The Bulldogs took an eight-point lead into the final term at the MCG on Saturday after grabbing ascendancy of the game with a 2.6 to 1.2 third quarter, but struggled to put the Swans away in the final term.

Twice John Longmire's men closed to within one point in a thrilling final quarter, first through a Lance Franklin set shot from 50m at the seven-minute mark and, after an answering Jake Stringer goal, a George Hewett set shot from 45m five minutes later.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-01/match-report-grand-final-sydney-swans-v-western-bulldogs

I have fun watching Australian Rules Football on occasion, but don't understand the game in the least. I imagine Australians think the same of Handegg.

Erica Parsons, a kid missing for five years, was recovered from a shallow grave in SC after her adoptive father made a deal with the authorities since he was serving time for fraud after cashing checks for her when she was not living with her adoptive parents

CES 

Cases like this anger me on so many different levels.  Really shows the cracks in the system.

I have fun watching Australian Rules Football on occasion, but don't understand the game in the least. I imagine Australians think the same of Handegg.

I only half-understand Australian Rules. But then, I'm from one of the Rugby League states.

Still, there are understandable reasons for people to like it:

wbMARKSgrundy_gallery__470x352.jpg

These are very tall men, so that guy is about a long way up in the air.

The fairytale continues in the rugby league:

Sharks win first-ever NRL premiership

http://www.nrl.com/sharks-win-first-ever-nrl-premiership/tabid/10874/newsid/101856/default.aspx

Cronulla have ended a half-century premiership drought with a heart-stopping 14-12 grand final win over a valiant Storm outfit to claim the 2016 NRL Telstra Premiership – the first in the club's history.

The two heavyweights could barely be separated after 80 minutes with Melbourne bashed and starved of football in a one-sided opening 40 before storming back like a true champion team to claim the lead just 15 minutes from full time before a late rally handed Cronulla a famous win.

Cronulla players collapsed after a dramatic final play movement from Melbourne saw the ball pass through countless pairs of hands as they searched for the miracle play to still a win on the final siren but on a historic night at ANZ Stadium in front of a heaving crowd of 83,625 it was Cronulla's fairytale that came true.

Skipper Paul Gallen – the most experienced player ever to play in his first grand final – was in tears after the siren as he expressed his gratitude to his teammates.

Handegg has quite a few followers in Australia, not me personally. But i am aware that it has a following here.