[Police brutality] American injustice, yet again.

Ragitsu

Holy Crap. I'm going to call the cops here in Portland and take them out for a drink. 1) The officers I've met and encountered have been great and 2) I may just want to get on their good side.

Been living in Portland for 3 years now and yesterday afternoon while waiting for the streetcar to take me home from grocery shopping I saw a fight between two homeless (maybe not homeless, but non-affluent white gentlemen in their late 50's or really hard lives) fellows. Mostly shouting and shoving and then LOTS of shouting and flipping of birds. 

Three cop cars arrived to deal with it when they were called. 

I remember how nice they were when I went to my last war protest.

So the Freddie Gray case has been turned over to the Baltimore state's attorney, Marilyn Mosby, who has some ties to the police: both parents, a grandfather, two aunts, and three uncles. Anyone care to guess how the prosecution will go?

Obviously justice is her only concern. She will not be swayed by all the terrible events in Baltimore. The public's 'irrational' call for justice. The video 'evidence', or anything else in her quest to seek justice FOR the cops. 

La Rose. 

The cop said that the boyfriend pulled a gun from his waistband. What more do you want? :idjit:

I think I finally agree with E84: we should all go pantless from now on. Cops can't claim we were going to pull something from our waistband if we don't have one.

Who wants to join me and E84 in our Pantless protest?

La Rose.

I think I finally agree with E84: we should all go pantless from now on. Cops can't claim we were going to pull something from our waistband if we don't have one.

La Rose.

It wouldn't work for me, the cops would claim that my pasty white legs were an attempt to blind them.

La Rose.

In my case neither the cop or myself could see my waistband.

so a cop turned his back on a guy with a gun and fired over his shoulder?

It is the prosecutor's position that he fired over his shoulder.

According to cop he was looking right at the boyfriend when the boyfriend went for his gun. Despite the boyfriend reaching for his gun first, the cop, being Quick Draw McGraw, shot first.  However, it being a quick shot and all he only hit the boyfriend's thumb and the bullet continued on to hit the girlfriend in the back of the head.  All a tragic accident, precipitated by the boyfriends murderous actions, don't you see.  

Some good news: Vice News - Baltimore Police charged for the death of Freddie Gray

https://news.vice.com/article/baltimore-police-officers-charged-in-death-of-freddie-gray?utm_source=vicenewsfb

I wonder if the judge will say the prosecutor went overboard in her chargers or didn't go far enough when he releases the police in a couple months.

La Rose.