Wonder Woman (vs.) She-Hulk

Mister E

Wonder Woman (vs.) She-Hulk  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win in a fair fight?

• Wonder Woman
    • She-Hulk

By the way, as I understand it, Class 100 means the ability to "press" 100 tons or more, routinely. Converted to Hero system terms, which defines the amount a character can more or less dead lift, this would basically equate to a 65+ STR rather than 60+. #pedantmode

It is also a minimum, not a maximum.  They stop counting after 100 tons, so "Class 100 Strength" means they can lift that much or more, often much, much more.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thor vs Superman would be a brutal fight.  Sooner or later Thor would strap on that belt that amplifies his strength and I dunno if Supes could handle him.  It depends if you consider Mjollnir's lightning to be magical or not, really.  Superman is definitely stronger and faster, but he's more vulnerable to magic.  And thor has several millennia of experience on Superman, but he's slower.  And I suspect Clark could lift the hammer.

JLA/Avengers cast its vote for Superman in a close fight. And Clark could lift the hammer.

JLA/Avengers cast its vote for Superman in a close fight. And Clark could lift the hammer.

re: lifting the hammer

Actually that's only on the cover (the one showing him holding Cap's Shield as well).  In the issue Clark basically grabs the hammer in mid-flight after it was already hurled at a target by Thor.  When Clark later attempts to pick up the stationary hammer he is unable to.

So how about Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) vs. Wonder Woman?

Well, if I'm giving the fight most ways to She Hulk, and (non-Herald) She Hulk is three tiers lower than Captain Marvel, then it'd be tough for me to give it to Wonder Woman over Carol Danvers.

That said, not as interesting a fight for fans, though odds-makers might put it closer on points.

There ought be next to nothing Earth-bound Diana Prince can do to Galaxy-spanning Captain Marvel that would more than inconvenience her a little.

But these two foes are not well-matched. That Golden Lasso vs. Kree physiological and psychic enhancements? Who can say how that would end up?

How does almost strong enough to be in Superman's class compare with stronger than Silver Surfer's class? And that again depends on which version you mean. Depowered post-Rogue version? Binary? Full on Cosmic? Original appearance?

I'd have to say this one goes to fan votes, and unless the Captain Marvel movie in three years is truly epic, that'd go to WW.

Can we just accept that superman is an uninteresting god (real god, not just comicbook Thor god) like character who can't be beaten unless the writer wants that? The man can move planets, fly at light speed (faster?), survive actual supernova level explosions, heal to full as long as he has access to sunlight, think at the same speed as the flash, see at the telescopic and atomic level, hear things hundreds of miles away, shoot out laser eye beams that rival Darkseide's omega beams, and is immortal. No one in any comic verse short of death itself has an actual chance of beating him. I couldn't even see Dr. Fate actually beating him if it wasn't for writers needing someway of slowing down their god character. Thor stands as much chance of winning as an ant does against an MMA fighter.

La Rose.

Well I was throwing it open to anyone who wanted to chime in. I had already guessed which way you'd vote. :winkgrin:

You guessed I'd vote WW, by popularity contest?

Yes, I've reasoned myself into Captain Marvel beats She Hulk beats Wonder Woman beats Captain Marvel. Because comic book physics.

Similarly, does anyone doubt Wonder Woman beats Wonder Man?

And Diana Prince has trouble taking down Greek Gods; should Thor not give her considerable trouble in a fight, if not defeat her handily?

Mostly, I'm saying unless it's actually a story, the speculation on who wins is pointless, in a genre where Squirrel Girl can defeat Galactus..

Doesn't mean it isn't fun to speculate.

By the way, who'd win: WW or Squirrel Girl?

Can we just accept that superman is an uninteresting god (real god, not just comicbook Thor god) like character who can't be beaten unless the writer wants that? The man can move planets, fly at light speed (faster?), survive actual supernova level explosions, heal to full as long as he has access to sunlight, think at the same speed as the flash, see at the telescopic and atomic level, hear things hundreds of miles away, shoot out laser eye beams that rival Darkseide's omega beams, and is immortal. No one in any comic verse short of death itself has an actual chance of beating him. I couldn't even see Dr. Fate actually beating him if it wasn't for writers needing someway of slowing down their god character. Thor stands as much chance of winning as an ant does against an MMA fighter.

La Rose.

ThorvsHyperion02.jpg

Check this:

http://www.classicmarvelforever.com/cms/benchmarks.html

Class-1000: "bench-press" 250,000 tons

Bench-pressing is about half as effective as dead-lifting. So...

500,000 tons "dead-lift" in HERO is roughly STR 122 [533 ktons].

Class-3000 is only twice as strong as Class-1000 at STR 127 [1067 ktons].

Class-5000: STR 132 [2133 ktons].

Check this:

http://www.classicmarvelforever.com/cms/benchmarks.html

Class-1000: "bench-press" 250,000 tons

Bench-pressing is about half as effective as dead-lifting. So...

500,000 tons "dead-lift" in HERO is roughly STR 122 [533 ktons].

Class-3000 is only twice as strong as Class-1000 at STR 127 [1067 ktons].

Class-5000: STR 132 [2133 ktons].

Cool link!

My starting version of Clark can acheive Class-5000 STR if only for a few seconds.

10) More powerful than a locomotive v3: Density Increase (3,344,200 kg mass, +75 STR, +15 PD/ED, -30m KB) (60 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, Only to Activate, -1/4), Concentration (1/2 DCV; Only to Activate; -1/4) Real Cost: 30

Notes: Costs 6 End/Phase just to keep slot active. Using the extra Strength costs +8 End/Phase. Total = 120 STR @16 End/Phase. According to APG1, 120 STR is enought to lift 200 ktons (The Empire State Building).

41) Super Solar Battery v2: Aid END 10d6 (standard effect: 30 points) (60 Active Points); Only to Aid Self (-1), Conditional Power Only in Direct Sunlight (-0) Real Cost: 27

Notes: There are 3 factors that go into how much END is provided by this. 1) END costs 1 Real point per 5 gained. 2) END is considered a Defensive Power vs. Adjustments so their effects are halved (6e1 pg141). 3) The power COSTS 6 END to activate. The total of all of this results in an immediate boost of +69 END (30x5=150, 150/2=75, 75-6=69 with a Maximum Effect of 138) that begins to fade at -25 END per Turn. This boosted END is used first. When combined with "More powerful than a locomotive v3" (120 STR Total @16 END/Phase) & "Up, Up and Away! v2" (Flight 40m giving +10 STR @4 END/Phase) it allows for a combined 'Total Lifting STR' of 130 before PUSHING that is sustainable for ~ 1-2 Turns (Maybe 3 Turns if also combined with "Super Solar Battery v1"). According to APG1, 140 STR is enough to lift 6.4 million tons or The Great Pyramid of Giza (est.).