46 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win in a fair fight?

• Wonder Woman
    • She-Hulk

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shulkie because she can walk through panels! Seriously, if she's getting a spanking from WW (and in a stand up fight I agree, Shulkie would be on the bad end of a hiding*)  she can wander off to the tropic isle denouement, rest up, then jump back in to the fight where she left and WW is still all bruised and such.

* But then, generally speaking, every DC character is written at a much higher power level than their Marvel equivalent.

Surely this has happened in one of the many DC/Marvel crossovers?  Anyway, I'll be contrarian again and give the edge to She-Hulk.  Hulk-types are extremely damage-resistant, have self-healing capabilities and of course get stronger and stronger.  WW will own the first few rounds, but Jennifer will gradually Hulk out and win a long, grinding 'war of attrition'.  

I go with WW.

As DrunkonDuty pointed out, in general DC charactesr are more powerfull then Marvel.

I would give WW at least the same strenght and durability as She Hulk. Plus decades of Combat Training. Plus the Lasso. Plus Flight. Plus some Superspeed.

They guys on DeathBattle once made a fight between WW and Rouge of the X-men.

WW had the advantage. Until she accidently triggered Rouges absoprtion. Then things went downhill for her fast.

I would have to give it to Diana just based on combat skill.  She can hold her own vs. Superman.  Has She-Hulk ever faced off 1-on-1 vs. any of Marvel's Superman-clones?

WW is magic based. Something Kryptonians are weak against. So I'd put her on the same level as Metallo (who has the Kryptonite bonus against supes).

Yeah, DC's strong guys are way stronger than Marvel's.  According to official DC statements, Wonder Woman is just barely weaker than Superman, who is several multitudes stronger than the Hulk has ever been shown to be (except in Secret War when he lifted a mountain range, which was just goofy and insanely beyond his established power level).

I normally take the 'relative to everyone' approach to DC and Marvel, because DC's just insanely, unsatisfyingly OP.

Relative to everyone else in Marvel, She Hulk or Red She Hulk are top level untameable ragemonsters who recover almost instantly from almost any injury, are so tough most weapons mean nothing to them, and can tear apart mountains with their bare hands.

Ever see WW tear apart a mountain? WW, who needs armored bracelets to deflect bullets, so clearly mere bullets are a concern to her?

But I don't need that approach in this case.

She Hulk has trained with the Avengers -- that's Captain America, the world's greatest combat strategist, and an array of combat experts including at least one with Cosmic martial arts skill levels. WW has trained as an Amazon warrior. I'd say they'd be equal in skill overall with different specializations, but then Jennifer isn't shooting at Diana, and all Diana's skill with lasso, falchion and thracian shield don't have much bearing on a fist fight, which is pretty much all the Hulk family does.

Is Diana fast enough to outmaneuver She Hulk, even if we (insanely and irrationally) gave her the edge in strength?

I look at it this way: radiation and rage work on Jennifer just like they do on her blood-donor cousin Bruce. To be able to exert Superman-level strength and swiftness, a fist approaching lightspeed is annihilating the atoms of air it encounters and turning them into gamma rays. If Diana is swinging at Jennifer fast and hard enough to outmaneuver and hurt She Hulk, she's swinging hard enough to gamma amplify She Hulk's power with every attack.

In the end, the harder Diana fights, the stronger Jennifer gets, and no matter how strong and quick Diana started, Jennifer will overcome her.

Passive attacks, like wrestling, might work if Diana can keep Jennifer from getting a breath, but then Diana's given up the edge in speed and is on Jennifer's familiar turf. Wrestling a size-changer is no easy feat, and a reversal by She Hulk ends the match.

Wonder Woman is stronger, faster, and has an unbreakable magic lasso to Entangle and Mind Control She Hulk.  They both have HTH Combat training, Wonder Woman being an Amazon, and She Hulk trained by Captain America.  Unless She Hulk breaks the Forth Wall and asked for a bottle of chloroform, Wonder Woman has the advantage.

My impression has been that Jennifer Walters certainly has a higher temper threshold than her cousin, but she can still be pushed into an uncontrollable rage.  Fear may have originally been her transformation catalyst, I haven't seen that worked into a story in decades.  But as always with these things, everyone has their own version of the character they consider 'definitive.'

EMH5S.jpg