2017-18 NFL Thread

Pariah

They ruled it a catch with a fumble before he crossed the goal line that he did not recover in bounds(supposedly he regained control of the ball after striking the pylon). Now if that is what happened then the ruling is correct but that's not what the ruling on the field was, and unless there is a replay angle not available to the public I don't see clear evidence to overturn the call.

Unfortunately, you're going to live and then die in the "Fantasy Land." The agreement was legal and all the history books and archives things that out live us will forever separate them. You're not smarter than Goddell because he's turned being a horrible leader into a multi million dollar job where he gets to be leader beholden to billionaires who love him being the lightning rod for their brand of evil. Not to mention the fact that it was Rozelle who was Commmish when the Raven's crawled out of Art Model's backside.

If I really did care that much, I'd now be inspired to go through the records year by year, to separate the old Browns and new Browns records, just so Indiana Jones the 73rd could discover one day.  :whistle:

Of course, at this rate the Browns curse will outlive us and the records of it.

Baseball is also safer for your heart. As nothing exciting ever happens and you don't get it going to fast. 

"Baseball is designed to break your heart" -- Bart Giamatti.

To my mind, baseball is all about tension -- about the anticipation between the pitches. I know that's not for everybody, and not how everybody sees it, but that's how it works for me.

Yeah, we went to AAA games in Spokane when I was in high school. One of those was the only time I got a baseball at a game.

Yeah, I never got a baseball, the only time one ever in came remotely close, the guy who got it dived on concrete in short pants to get it.  He definitely wanted more than I would have.

I'm just going to take a moment and appreciate, as a long suffering fan of the Los Angeles Rams, what a remarkable turnaround this season has been so far.

Look, I'm not saying they win the Super Bowl, but they went 4-12 last season for God's sake. 5-2 and look like maybe a legit playoff contender? Wow, that's pretty cool.

Three observations from San Diego Los Angeles today:

1) The Chargers should get rid of their dark blue jerseys and wear the powder blues all the time.

2) Look at all of the orange in the stands. Wow.

3) I watched the BYU game last night. The Donkeys are playing the same way right now.

Osweiler was 5-2 as a starter, as I recall...and then he legitimately played himself out of the starting job and relinquished the position to the mummified corpse of Peyton Manning. Still, they both got a ring out of it, so it's all good.

This team isn't getting a ring.

JAGUARS!  :rockon:

Not sure that beating up on an Indy team with no Andrew Luck is something to be all that proud of, but whatever floats your boat.

This is just an ugly season for so many teams.

Arizona: Lost David Johnson and Carson Palmer.

Minnesöta: Lost Sam Bradford and Dalvin Cook.

Miami: Lost two quarterbacks (so far).

Indy: Luckless.

GB: Rodgersless.

Carolina: Pretty good team on paper, but...

Baltimore: Pretty good team on paper, but...

Atlanta: Pretty good team on paper, but...

Raiders: Gotta raid.

Browns, 49ers, both New Jersey teams, Bills: Annual race to the bottom.

Seriously, what teams are actually exceeding expectations this year?  Houston, and... maybe the Rams?