A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

Be advised everyone: There is apparently some company called "traffer.biz" that somehow accesses your bank account to throw miscellaneous charges for completely unexplained reasons. I was TRYING to get to BOA today to see if a customer service agent could explain this crap, only to be told by the website that the chat board was not available and to call their 877 number. I CALLED the 877 number and was told they were closed for MLK Day.

It's all I can do to survive from one paycheck to the next without getting a new bill every time I move my chest to breathe and now these little $#!^s wanna nickle-and-dime me to death and think I won't notice.

#@%& these people. With a six-foot cactus. Hard and high up the @$$.

JG

Rock the Vote!

Please come by and cast your votes in the Teen Champions Superdraft finale. There are a lot of great ideas being formed there. Even if you weren't directly involved, everyone is invited to cast votes.

As always, the draft itself is open to everyone to participate, and another will start in February.

Thanks!

The birthers are making me crazy.

So are the anti-Birther 'McCain can't be either' loons.

They are both off their rockers.

Its not a question of whether Obama meets the requirments for me.

Either he does or doesn't.

The issue of the birth certificate is an evidentiary question, not a Constitutional one.

I have not reveiwed the evidence or relevant case law.

I am content to leave that for a competent judge to decide.

Rather, my pique stems from the fact that the birthers (and McCain too-ers) don't seem to be able to read.

We live in the Internet era. Research made easy if you use reputable sources.

The Congressional Research Office has a clear summary of what 'natural born' means according to SCOTUS online.

Getting that part wrong should be restricted to children or illiterates.

Let's be clear. One is elligible to be President if one meets age and residency requirements AND...

1. they are born 'in' the United States to anyone other than foreign diplomats or dignitaries, or
  2. they are born to 2 US citizens in a country where one or both of those parents hold dual citizenship, or
  3. they are born to 1 US citizen in a country where no dual citizenship questions attach.

This message brought to you by the guy who had to approve talk-backs filled with utter nonsense.

And, yes, I dropped a link to the Congressional Research Office pate into each and every one.

Something that hadn't clicked with me until yesterday, when I pulled my old copy of Bruce Catton off the shelf and started reading ...

Did anyone else realize that we're in the sesquicentennial of the American Civil War?