A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Guest Worldmaker

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

The problem with cutting 50 pounds of beef tenderloin into filet mignon is that you end up eating a lot of leftover beef for lunch.

I'm still at work, counting the seconds until I can go.

And you people, you're out of work already. Either caught in traffic, or already home and cooking up dinner.

And nobody's posting anything on the boards for me to read.

:sigh:

Doc

Police them come an' now they blow down me door

One him come crawl through through my window

So then they put me in the back the car at the station

From that point on me reach my destination

When the destination reached it was the east detention

Where them whipped down me pants looked up me bottom so

Informer you no say daddy me Snow me I'll go blame

A licky boom boom down

Detective mon said daddy me Snow me stab someone down the lane

A licky Boom Boom Down.

Words to live by. Mmm-hmm. A licky boom boom down indeed.

:help:

So I have my first spot of Negative Rep and the person who did it didn't say why.

It wasn't a political post. Nor controversial.

In the Storn Art thread from idea to Pic I got negative rep for saying As I paid for the drawing I get the final say as to what it is.

And that seems unreasonable to someone ?

Why ?

I would like them to explain.

I have had three days of petty annoyances.

I don't want to have 4 or 5 in a row.

Monday I posted as above. Tuesday was transport and today has been computer related for a number of things. I don't want any more petty little aggrivations. It's very tedious and unnecessary

Guest Skaramine

Tonight's the last night of Angel. Even though I haven't been following it as religiously as I used to... I'll miss the show. I saw it last week, and I just am feeling sad, because over the years, these guys have become far better friends to me than the cast of Friends could ever hope to touch.

Why does all quality have to be flushed away for more pretty-boy One Tree Hill crap?

I have no desire to watch Freddy v Jason. Perhaps one day when I'm amazingly bored and happy to be at Blockbuster. However, I keep hearing a rumor that Bruce Campbell mentioned he wants to do a pic where his Ash character would fight Freddy and Jason in sort of a Triple Threat type contest. Now THAT I would watch!

I really need to mow the lawn, but yet again, the "afternoon rain in selected neighborhoods" has hit my neighborhood. Too wet to mow.

I hate mowing lawn, so I feel guilty about the happiness I feel about not having to mow lawn.

Damn, I absorbed way too much Calvin growing up.

D

Guest Worldmaker

Joss Whedon is an unmitigated bastard. Brilliant, but an unmitigated bastard. I want to know what happened NEXT, and I can't!

Well, that and he killed Wesley Wyndham Price, who was always one of my favorite characters in the Buffyverse.

I just got done cleaning the fish my wife, our friend and I caught.

I limited out on Silvers for the first time! Considering the limit on them in this lake is 10...

I could have limited (5) on trout, but I put 2or 3 tiny ones back, so only kept 4. One, however, was as big as any Rainbow I have ever caught... 14 inches long and THICK!.

Between us all, we caught one perch 6" that I threw back, 24 Silvers, and 10 trout.

The smoker will get a workout, I guess!

My buddy just found out that the guy selling a 1980 Pontiac Grand Prix on Ebay had put in a reserve price of $3600. Although my friend was the high bidder with a bid of $1100, he didn't meet the reserve price.

Even though the seller claims the V6 Pontiac has only 43,000 original miles, it is still a 1980 Pontiac Grand Prix!!!

Just because a car is old and has low miles DOES NOT make it rare, a classic, or a collector's item.

That's why my mint condition Machine Man #1 is NOT worth as much as Spider Man #1.