Funny Pics II: The Revenge

4 hours ago, mattingly said:

f7e0091855c8ef8de5ec7661a9a2b0de.gif

I have _never_ understood the idea of "Go Big or Go Home" as a put-down, as a threat, or as any other kind of trash talk.

I work two jobs to afford the home.  

My wife is there (when she isn't working her two jobs).

My kids are there.

My food is there.

My books and my motorcycles are there.

"Threating" me with going home is borderline retardation:  having and using that home is one-hundred-percent the singular motivation behind every aspect of my life!

"Go big or go home!"  No problem, jackass.  Have fun grappling other big sweaty men in your pointless sports thingy.....

23 minutes ago, Cancer said:

I would tunashame someone by asking why they won't let their poor kitty lick out the can when they make a tuna sandwich, that's how.

I asked about that as a kid and I was told that the cat could cut its tongue on the edges.  Just like I shouldn’t give the dog any more chocolate.  

4 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

I have _never_ understood the idea of "Go Big or Go Home" as a put-down, as a threat, or as any other kind of trash talk.

There was once an underrated little television series called Better Off Ted that included this bit from the first season finale:

Veronica: “This is it. Go big or go home.”

Ted: “I can go home?’

Veronica: “That stage is your home.”

But yeah, I'm with you. Go big or go home? You don't have to tell me twice. I'll be certain not to let the door hit me on my way out.

12 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

I've always had the impression it was intended as a "catchier" way of saying, "Give whatever you're doing everything you've got. If you're not willing to do that, you might as well leave."

Again, it fails.

Everything I do is for the express purpose of having and enjoying a home.  If go home is an option that doesnt affect actually havibg a home, I am going to pick it every single time.

1 hour ago, Duke Bushido said:

Again, it fails.

Everything I do is for the express purpose of having and enjoying a home.  If go home is an option that doesnt affect actually havibg a home, I am going to pick it every single time.

With respect, I think you're drawing an implication from the word "home" as to what it evokes for you personally, that isn't intended by the use of the word in the expression. Here it essentially means, "Give up." That just wouldn't balance as well with "Go big."

For an alternative perspective, "home" was for many years a miserable place for me, which I would have much preferred to avoid, except I was kept there by responsibility. But that's not what I think of when I read that expression.

7 minutes ago, slikmar said:

http://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/pvponlinenew/img/comic/2022/01/pvp20220110.jpg

Agreed.

edit: hmm that didn't work right. if someone can tell me how to show the comic, would appreciate it.

If you open the link, you should be able to save the image by tapping from your phone or right clicking from your computer.  Then put the file in the add files option in each post. 

The smart one, always suffers....

1 hour ago, Pariah said:

"No! Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try."

I think maybe that's what the whole "Go big or go home" thing is trying to say.

I'm not certain whether it's funny or just sad that Yoda's phrasing is more eloquent.

Yeah, it is a fancy way of saying "Don't half-a$$ it"