Superdraft: The completely unasked for "I want to be a -" fantasy (?) draft

Hermit

1 hour ago, Cancer said:

((OT: Too many books I want to read.  I hadn't even heard of Neverwhere before.))

If you’re too short on time for reading then may I suggest the excellent mini series that the BBC did for it.  Not as good as the book itself but much like the Good Omens series they did it is an viable substitute.

Mentor/Instructor/Old Hand: Bob the Skull,  (Dresden Files)

It's surprising what you can find at garage sales, if you know what garage sales to check. The Chief acquired Bob at a greatly discounted price (or one not yet paid) about a decade before the birth of Chicago's only professional Wizard. Even Niles Caulder was not foolish, nor desperate enough to pursue many of the routes to immortality the spirit of intellect offered up through the years. Those that he had pursued, had been -- no pun intended -- dead ends. (OK, that pun was intended, you can tell by the em-dashes.) What does one do once the vast knowledge of a spirit of intellect has been exhausted? Why, go to the Library. Bob, whether through jealousy or a keen sense of self-preservation, had held on to this option for last, so we now find him reluctantly guiding Niles on a route to gain access to the fabled Library of the Neitherlands.

spacer.png

Sgt. Stanley Haymer was a career soldier with an unexceptional record in the supply depot of a mid-sized army base in the Midwest and would have likely served his 20 years without ever being promoted to an officer’s rank if fate had not stepped in.

A Hydra attack on his post was searching for artifacts recovered during WW II that were mistakenly assigned to this location with the accompanying paperwork forever lost due to bureaucracy.

Sgt. Haymer fled into his warehouse looking for cover and took refuge behind the largest, dustiest, most overlooked crates he could find. When blaster fire caused his hiding place to explode the Sgt. was exposed to a strange radiation which caused changes in his metabolism. He then used his newfound strength and aggressiveness to drive off the attackers. 
   When S.H.I.E.L.D. investigated they found that as Stanley’s physical attributes rose, his mental and emotional ones declined leaving him prone to childish outbursts and tantrums. He was left as an extremely strong but easily manipulated person in need of monitoring and structure. It was felt by his doctors and social workers that the best thing to do would be to give Stanley a purpose that fit his now overblown sense of his own importance. 
   Q;  So what do you with someone who’s very strong, not very bright and has a pathological need to be in charge? 
   A;  You make him a gym teacher.

The now finally promoted Capt. Haymer is currently in charge of Physical Development at the S.H.I.E.L.D. Academy.

ANTAGONIST (p.i.t.a.) :   Captain Hammer  (Dr. Horrible’s Sing a Long Blog—Web Series)

Back to our desecration of The Fellowship of the Ring.

This time, the Crush.  Frankly, if there's a weakness to all of Tolkien's stories, it's a lack of lustromance.  Gotta fix that.

The Crush:  C J Parker.  Not the male actor in the 2000's; this is the fictional character in the 1990's TV series Baywatch portrayed by Pam Anderson.  I'll let you guys find your own images for her; I think by definition those are all NSFW.

EDIT:  BTW, are we drafting through the 3-day-in-the-US weekend?

Yes, we are drafting through the weekend. Sorry to those that have Real Lives, but I've found that sometimes my own life (or family) hits me with surprises that whammy out of nowhere and can break up a good draft.  So in hopes of reducing the odds, I'm shooting this through :)

And by the way, you guys are getting some amazingly inventive and fun stuff up. I wanted to do this fancy 'judges make commentary stuff' like Log-Man and others have done so well in the past, but heck with it. I'll just say I'm impressed!

Who or what is Malthus? Some say that he's a former student who holds a grudge against Xavier and the school. Others speculate that he is a mutant who died, but whose spirit, consumed with revenge, never passed on to the next life. Still others think he is from another dimension, brought here to torment and destroy this Earth. 

In any case, and for whatever reason, he has taken particular interest in Elsa and her friends.

Is he the ultimate enemy...or just a pawn of someone bigger? Nobody knows...yet.

Malthus (from Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children)

B1MF3O21KIUP.png

30 minutes ago, Pariah said:

Who or what is Malthus? Some say that he's a former student who holds a grudge against Xavier and the school. Others speculate that he is a mutant who died, but whose spirit, consumed with revenge, never passed on to the next life. Still others think he is from another dimension, brought here to torment and destroy this Earth. 

In any case, and for whatever reason, he has taken particular interest in Elsa and her friends.

Is he the ultimate enemy...or just a pawn of someone bigger? Nobody knows...yet.

Malthus (from Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children)

B1MF3O21KIUP.png

Is this the antagonist, a looming threat, an option?

1 minute ago, Hermit said:

Is this the antagonist, a looming threat, an option?

32 minutes ago, Pariah said:

I haven't decided. Yet. He's not an Option, I know that. And he will be either the Big Bad or the Antagonist, I just don't know which yet. I'll have to see where it goes from here.

Sorry.

1 minute ago, Pariah said:

I haven't decided. Yet. He's not an Option, I know that. And he will be either the Big Bad or the Antagonist, I just don't know which yet. I'll have to see where it goes from here.

Sorry.

So basically a “half-pick”: picked but not yet assigned a slot to be considered a “full pick”. He’s in limbo. 

1 minute ago, Pariah said:

Sorry.

Yeah. I saw that quote. It's just it doesn't help much for finding a spot for him in your picks so you see why I had to ask.