One Has To Go

Starlord

1 hour ago, Asperion said:

As much as I like Chinese,  Americans get the entire oriental section wrong. There is Chinese mixed with Korean and Japanese, Indian, and other from that part of the world and then it's all called "Chinese". Would you like to see something from South America listed on a menu in the U.S and the owner claim that since their all American it counts? Chinese feel the same way. As a result,  what is normally called Chinese needs to be renamed or eliminated. 

It has been.   It’s now called Asian Fusion.   It’s one of those Neo-Classical, Post-Modern kind of nomenclatures.

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Cygnia said:

Sorry, cherry...

But what song would those poor girls dance to then?     My apologies to any Warrant fans out there.  But the only time you ever hear that song is in some TV show or movie when the strippers show up.

I’m not a big fan of either cherry or chocolate for pie filling.

I am not that fond of chocolate desserts but the one pictured has raspberries with it so it stays. Apple Crumble is one of favourite desserts so apple stays. Cherry on its own is fine but like strawberry when you make it a jam or a pie I don't want to know. So cherry goes.

And Warrant are like Motley Crue. Not worth my time.

I've had a prejudice against things cherry for almost sixty years now, a relic of the experience that Army hospitals always put way too much bad cherry flavor into all medicines they dispensed for children.  Could.  Not.  Stand.  The.  Stuff.  Took me thirty years (and marriage) to be introduced to multiple varieties of fresh cherries, and some of those are very good.  In general, though, cooked stuff with cherry triggers the childhood gag reflex, so if one of those must go, it's cherry.  Mind you, I'm not a fan of peach pie either, but it doesn't cause me to walk away from a dessert bar if I see it the way cherry pie does.

• 1 month later...

Avatar definitely goes.  With prejudice.

Never saw any Fast & Furious so as far as I care it can go.

Not keen on Jurassic Park so it could go.

Don't want Harry Potter to go, because I await two important additions to that canon: Harry Potter and the Crying Need for an Editor, and the self-satire crossover Harry Potter and the Jailbait Babysitters of Gor.