Extra! Extra! Read All About It!

1 hour ago, Logan.1179 said:

Yeah, well, we'll see how well that goes.  I'm not commenting on the merits;  it's just that this kind of suit doesn't, I think, have a very good success rate.

In other news...if you're into the outdoors at all, and particularly if you're a little older...you've heard of Patagonia, the funky outdoor recreation/clothing company.  Still privately owned, but the owner's 83.  He, his wife...AND HIS KIDS...have all agreed to convert the company into a public trust in part, and a 501c charity for countering climate change.  Completely.  Non-revokable.  And as they did it?  They PAID taxes.  No charitable contribution.  The path he took also left the family in position to help retain its generous employee policies and rights. 

The guy was on the Forbes list of billionaires, so we're not exactly talking small change.  

I am impressed and heartened.