Extra! Extra! Read All About It!

12 hours ago, wcw43921 said:

Oh well.

Some story writer really, really needs to go back to high school.  And some editor probably, as well...unless they've cut back on staff so an ordinary story like this, got sent out without editing...can't dismiss that possibility.

The $1.326 billion prize ranks as the eighth largest in U.S. lottery history. As the prizes grow, the drawings attract more ticket sales and the jackpots subsequently become harder to hit. The game's long odds for the weekend drawing were 1 in 292.2 million.

Highlights mine.

Bold:  Math illiteracy, it's a thing.

Italics:  so, you're saying they're easier now, after the jackpot reset?

<sigh>  It's better to say nothing and seem like a fool, than to speak (or write) and eliminate all doubt.

BTW:  best states to win the lottery...Delaware, Texas, or Wyoming.  No state tax (lump sum tax *in Oregon*...around $50M for this jackpot), and can remain anonymous.  

2 hours ago, Pariah said:

Are you envisioning an animated series? And if so, can I be the voice of Starburst? He is a scientist, right?

I was actually considering live action, with someone like Jeremy Renner for Crusader and someone like Ryan Reynolds for Starburst, only not costing so much.  I hope to get the actual Giancarlo Esposito for the VIPER Nest Leader (assuming his new series Parish doesn't become the new Breaking Bad.)  I'm sure I can find a place for you as a scientist in the high-energy physics lab where Tom Adams works, or the VIPER lab engineer who designs and builds Crusader's gadgets.  

I hope that's not too disappointing.  (Also, I'm thinking of someone like Ryan Gosling for Pulsar--"And then Margot Robbie will be mine!")

36 minutes ago, wcw43921 said:

I was actually considering live action, with someone like Jeremy Renner for Crusader and someone like Ryan Reynolds for Starburst, only not costing so much.  I hope to get the actual Giancarlo Esposito for the VIPER Nest Leader (assuming his new series Parish doesn't become the new Breaking Bad.)  I'm sure I can find a place for you as a scientist in the high-energy physics lab where Tom Adams works, or the VIPER lab engineer who designs and builds Crusader's gadgets.  

I hope that's not too disappointing.  (Also, I'm thinking of someone like Ryan Gosling for Pulsar--"And then Margot Robbie will be mine!")

Ryan Reynolds is like a billionaire and hardly needs the money, he might do it for free if you ask real nice.

22 hours ago, Old Man said:

Ryan Reynolds is like a billionaire and hardly needs the money, he might do it for free if you ask real nice.

Eh, the usual sites say his net worth is only $350M.  Poor child, I bet he has frequent nightmares related to his money problems.

Well, between moviemaking and his side gigs--making his own gin and owning a soccer team, I imagine he has little time for making an independent streaming series by a bunch of complete unknowns--unless, of course, we get him a really awesome script.  (I'm thinking Kurt Busiek, myself.  Does he work cheap?)