Extra! Extra! Read All About It!

1 hour ago, Asperion said:

Is reality now playing dominoes?

I think the buildings that have this type of issue...well, the one I showed, *looks* older to me.  And if you use Google Images, there's some others...they also do.  That's important because Taiwan has implemented construction requirements to protect against this happening...as Japan and California have.  BUT, it was more recent, so...older buildings might well be at risk.

Fortunately, the death toll right now is only 9, and the tsunami advisories have been cancelled.  

Actually, I'm a bit impressed by that tipped-over building -- because it didn't crumble and collapse. I dare say the residents lived. It could be better built (other buildings didn't tip over), but it could have been much worse.

Dean Shomshak

Impacts of lid closure during toilet flushing and of toilet bowl cleaning on viral contamination of surfaces in United States restrooms  (American Journal of Infection Control)

Conclusions

These results demonstrate that closing the toilet lid prior to flushing does not mitigate the risk of contaminating bathroom surfaces and that disinfection of all restroom surfaces (ie, toilet rim, floors) may be necessary after flushing or after toilet brush used for the reduction of virus cross-contamination.

10 hours ago, unclevlad said:

Eh, probably the tea you had.  Coffee Rules!!!

BLASPHEMY !

10 hours ago, Cancer said:

Either that, or not enough whiskey.

Long term readers of the forum will know that I abhor whiskey. I don't care what country it comes from, whether it is a blend, whether it is smoked or peat or vintage. I do not like whiskey.

Having spoken to makers of that and cognac, they have said that those who do not like whiskey like cognac. I have found that to be true

20 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

Is there such a thing as "enough whiskey"?

Edit to add:  As you think about that, imagine that you're giving or grading exams.

From a career of RL experience, the answer is yes.

When you wake up the next day and find there is still at least one bottle with some in it, then you had enough.