The cranky thread

Hermit

Yeah, I cringed when I got to the fingernail part of the story. 

Awakened at 5am by a siren. Tried to go back to sleep. Then another siren. And another siren. And another siren. And then the warning beepers of big trucks backing up. And then the sound of water being sprayed. And then the smell of smoke. So someone is having a worse day than me... so far. 

Awakened at 2 a.m. by my nonverbal daughter who had a potty emergency. Hung out in her room for about 45 minutes in the (vain) hope that she'd go right back to sleep, at which point she sat straight up in bed and threw up the cantaloupe she had with dinner last night. Changed her clothes and her bedding. Now waiting for her to go back to sleep so that I can do the same. Alarm clock scheduled to go off in about two hours.

Mother returned home on Saturday and is awaiting a call back on the biopsy that was done. Wednesday she had a bad pain all day and we had to call out a clinician from the non-emergency line. Took about six hours for them to get out to us. Mum had a morphine injection and that seemed to calm the pain. She slept the night downstairs in the special chair she has. But this could be the shape of things to come. 

Minor compared to a lot of the recent stuff, but ...

About a month ago, maybe a bit more, my wife lost her keys.  Three weeks later, they kind of randomly showed up at the sheriff's office.

SHE F***ING LOST THEM AGAIN.

How hard is it to NOT LOSE a big bulky set of keys?!  And one of them's a bloody $150 electronic access key, so it's not just a matter of grinding out a house key and car key for like five bucks.  I swear I'm going to drive a ****ing nail into the ****ing wall and put up a big ****ing sign that says "Hang Your ****ing Keys Here!'

I'm afraid to lend her mine, 'cause if she loses those, we are utterly ****ed.

Three visits to hospital next week. Monday at 10:30 am for a talk with the hospital staff. Wednesday at 9:00 for a scan at cardiology and the again at 2:40 for CT scan. And she cannot eat for 4 hours before the CT one while she can only drink clear liquids so no tea/coffee with milk.

Thursday will get the treatment underway and she will be out for six hours provided nothing untoward turns up in the scans.  

On 2/23/2018 at 10:32 AM, Hermit said:

not my story to tell so I'm not allowed to tell it, but prayers and/or  good vibes for my family would be welcome.

Thank you

Over a year later and I am making this exact same request.

I am helpless to help and muzzled by circumstance.

Any prayers/Good Vibes/etc for my family welcome.  They're in for a rough week.

On 8/31/2019 at 4:28 PM, death tribble said:

Three visits to hospital next week. Monday at 10:30 am for a talk with the hospital staff. Wednesday at 9:00 for a scan at cardiology and the again at 2:40 for CT scan. And she cannot eat for 4 hours before the CT one while she can only drink clear liquids so no tea/coffee with milk.

Thursday will get the treatment underway and she will be out for six hours provided nothing untoward turns up in the scans.  

And I missed this ... sympathies. Prayers if you want em

1 hour ago, CrosshairCollie said:

Seems petty after the last few entries but ... Sweet Solus Prime, moving is a pain in the ass.  And back.  And shoulders.  And legs.

What few good vibes I can generate, going out.  Good luck.

It's not petty ,  pain is pain, and moving IS a pain in  the ass.

And thanks

I'm just posting updates here on my mother's health after the initial one about her having to go to hospital. The scans were over routinely although the wait was about 4 hours during which time she could not eat and could only drink water or tea/coffee with no milk/creamer.

Chemotherapy will be every three weeks and she has been told she will lose her hair.. She has to take 12 steroid tablets all at once on top of her other medication. One tablet requires her to drink a glass of water.

My cousins are in touch and on sent her flowers. My brother is also in touch but we don't speak. And regardless I don't see that changing anytime soon.

One of mother's tenants was also in hospital and it was unknown if he would come out of hospital but he has. He has been told he can't dink alcohol. He smokes but according to the hospital that is not a problem. 

And yes this does not cost us. So the NHS is really good.