The cranky thread

Hermit

8 hours ago, death tribble said:

Th nieces' mother has pancreatic cancer. One of the nieces was visiting and told us and also confirmed that she was telling us. She has not spoken to us about it but mum does not expect her to at least not yet.

That really sucks. Hope they caught it early. 

13 hours ago, tkdguy said:

I've been back out in the real world for just one week, and people are already reminding me why I hate them!

Wasn't I was doing that all pandemic long?  I must be slipping.

Meanwhile, I almost got my ebay account phished just now.  Responded to a Craigslist ad via text, conversation continued via email, scammer sent me a spoofed "ebay" link that actually goes to a .xyz domain in Israel.  Everything appeared legit until it asked me to pay via eBay gift cards and by then I'd already entered my eBay account credentials.  Can't remember the last time I changed a password that quickly.

1 hour ago, Old Man said:

Wasn't I was doing that all pandemic long?  I must be slipping.

Meanwhile, I almost got my ebay account phished just now.  Responded to a Craigslist ad via text, conversation continued via email, scammer sent me a spoofed "ebay" link that actually goes to a .xyz domain in Israel.  Everything appeared legit until it asked me to pay via eBay gift cards and by then I'd already entered my eBay account credentials.  Can't remember the last time I changed a password that quickly.

I've been there. I hope everything turns out okay. But yeah, I've reported a few links that I found out were scams. 

As for people being obnoxious, they make me wish the lockdown continued.

Mum woke up with a pain and asked that I ring for paramedics. They came out and gave her the once over and have taken her off to the hospital for a check. So naturally we forgot her pills although she did take the morning ones.

Additionally she was going to speak to the landlord's association tomorrow as the Council plan to visit next week. Today is a holiday so  they won't be in but they will be forestalled tomorrow. I'll go see the association myself and see where we go from here.

Mum is back home. She has a hernia which does not require acute surgery as the notes put it. More meds and she goes back to have a checkup in two weeks. However it took over 3 hours to get the new medication before we could try and get home.

The council wanted to visit next Tuesday but that is not happening. The official involved seems to have a problem with us. We don't know why. Yet.

My daughter who works at Sonic had her busiest day ever with 120 separate tickets.

As I've mentioned before, she works for tips but the state doesn't allow her or her place of business to inform their customers that waitresses at that establishment work for tips.

She made $80 in tips off of 120 separate tickets. 

So that's an average of 66.6 cents per group that she waited on.

My Dad called me a couple of hours ago to tell me that Mom had died in the night. She'd been in a long-term care facility for a few weeks, then moved to a hospital. When the therapists came in to get her up and going this morning, she was gone.

No word yet on cause of death--she'd been undergoing treatment for heart issues, muscular atrophy, and blood chemistry imbalances--or funeral arrangements.

Prayers or similar are appreciated.

35 minutes ago, Pariah said:

My Dad called me a couple of hours ago to tell me that Mom had died in the night. She'd been in a long-term care facility for a few weeks, then moved to a hospital. When the therapists came in to get her up and going this morning, she was gone.

No word yet on cause of death--she'd been undergoing treatment for heart issues, muscular atrophy, and blood chemistry imbalances--or funeral arrangements.

Prayers or similar are appreciated.

That's awful, especially since it seems like it was kind of unexpected.  I hope you and your dad are doing okay.

So sorry for your loss Pariah. Mum lost Dad over a decade and a half ago but she still hangs on. Any help you can give will be appreciated. Three of my grandparents went within a year. One grandmother died of a heart problem that dogged her through life. Her husband survived several years after. My Mum's dad died around Christmas and my grandmother died about ten days later. She had dementia and did not know that he was dead but yet again she did and that is what caused her own death.

Any rallying you can do will help believe me. And it hurts. Always will.

There's a little mountain town in southwestern Montana that was something like a family shrine when I was growing up. My mom's side of the family would gather there every summer for a week or so. That's where my mom's mom (Granny) and older sister are buried. It looks like we're going to have a simple memorial service and burial for her there the early part of next week.

Thank you all so much for your kind words in your sympathy. It means the world to both Lady P and me.