The cranky thread

Hermit

doc is cancelling one med, putting me on a different blood pressure med... oh joy.

Table 1-1: Potion Compatibility Results

D100 Result Potion Compatibility

01 Explosion! If two or more potions are swallowed together (or a second is swallowed while the first's magic is still active), the drinker takes damage equal to 1d6 times MULTIPLE. For example, if a potion of fly (5th level caster) and a potion of owl's wisdom (3rd level caster) are involved, the drinker takes 15d6 points of damage. There is no saving throw allowed to reduce or negate this damage. If mixed externally, then the explosion detonates in a sphere of 10 ft. radius. All within take the damage, but a successful Reflex save DC (10 + SUM) halves the damage.

02-03 Lethal poison results. The drinker must make a Fort save DC (10 + SUM) or die. If the save is made, the drinker takes 2d6 points of Constitution damage. If mixed externally, then a cloud of poison gas spreads in a 10 ft. radius when the container is opened. All within must make a successful Fort save or die, and still take 1d6 Constitution damage if they make the Fort save. Creatures immune to poison are immune to this result.

04-07 Mild poison results. The drinker suffers nausea and 2 points of Strength and Dexterity damage. A successful Fort save DC (10 + SUM) negates the ability damage but not the nausea, which lasts for a number of minutes equal to SUM. If mixed externally, then a cloud of poison gas spreads in a 10 ft. radius. All within must make a successful Fort save or become nauseated and take 2 points of Strength and Dexterity damage. Creatures immune to poison are immune to this result.

08-11 Cursed mixture results. Neither potion works. Instead, they mix into a potion that acts as a bestow curse spell (-6 to any attribute chosen at random) that has a duration equal to that of the highest level potion involved in the mix. The duration cannot be instantaneous, so if one of the potions has a duration of instantaneous use the duration of the other one.

12-16 Hostile monster summoned. The vile mixture causes the drinker to vomit it up in a cloud. The cloud turns into a monster chosen at random from the summon monster table equivalent to HIGHEST. For example, if HIGHEST is 7, then a random monster from the summon monster VII table appears. This monster attacks the drinker and her allies in preference to any other targets. If mixed externally, the liquid turns into a gas and the monster appears out of the gas cloud. The monster's duration of stay is equivalent to HIGHEST.

17-26 Potions cannot be mixed. Both potions are totally destroyed, and their effects end immediately.

27-36 Potions cannot be mixed. The second potion drunk fails to function, but the first remains functional. If mixed externally, both potions are destroyed.

37-42 Potions cannot me mixed. One potion chosen at random has the opposite effect, while the second does not function. If there is no obvious opposite effect, then the drinker is affected by a confusion spell as if case by a SUM level caster.

43-47 Potions cannot be mixed. The first potion drunk ceases functioning immediately, but the second works normally. If mixed externally, the potions are destroyed.

48-52 Potions cannot be mixed. Both potions function, but at half strength and half the normal duration (if the duration is longer than instantaneous). Half-strength potions have all aspects of their function halved. For example, a halved potion of fly would grant fly speed of 30 ft. A halved potion of invisibility would make the drinker transparent rather than invisible. A halved potion of bull's strength would grant a +2 enhancement bonus to Strength. If mixed externally by active shaking or stirring, then the liquid is affected by the magic of both potions (ignore incompatible or impossible effects); anyone drinking the mix is not affected by either potion.

53-62 Potions can be mixed. They work normally, unless their effects would cancel each other out.

63-72 Potions cannot be mixed. One potion chosen at random has the opposite effect, which is treated as empowered by the Empower Spell feat. The other potion has its normal function. Both last for half the normal duration.

73-82 Potions cannot be mixed. The drinker turns bright blue, and then bright green, and then bright pink. This change occurs every 30 seconds and lasts for the HIGHEST duration. Neither potion works.

83-87 Friendly monster summoned. This is the same result as "Hostile Monster Summoned" above, except that the monster acts as if summoned by the drinker, and attacks the drinker's enemies. If mixed externally, the liquid turns into a gas and the monster appears out of the gas cloud. The monster's duration of stay is equivalent to HIGHEST.

88-92 Potions mix but not as expected. Neither potion works, but both turn into another potion. Roll randomly on Table 7-17: Potions and Oils in the Dungeon Master's Guide. Two oils turn into an oil (discard potion results), and any other combination turns into a potion (discard oil results). The duration cannot be instantaneous, so if one of the potions has a duration of instantaneous use the duration of the other one. The new potion has a duration equivalent to that of the highest caster level potion (or oil) involved in the mixing.

93-97 Compatible result. The first potion has its effects and duration extended 150% of normal. A potion of invisibility so affected would last longer but not make the drinker more invisible. A potion of bull's strength would grant a +6 enhancement bonus to Strength and last half again as long as normal. The second potion fails to work.

98-99 Compatible result. The second potion has its effects and duration extended 150% of normal (as above). The first potion fails to work.

00 Discovery. The mixing of the potions creates a special effect--one of the potions chosen at random fails to work, but the other has its effects made permanent on the drinker. If mixed externally, then the permanent effect is not discovered until the mix is consumed. The potion's effect becomes a spell-like ability that is always on for the drinker.

If I had a picture, this would go in the Creepy Pics thread.

Box of Triscuits downstairs on the computer desk. About 1/3 of it left. Yes, I had left it closed.

Happily I saw it, rather than other detection modes.

Spider had got into the box. Not a big one (leg tips go just past a nickel's edge, if you see what I mean). But enough for J**** ************* ****** I AM NOT REACHING IN THERE AGAIN

It's Monday morning, which means my weekend has started. So I go looking up news and information, only to be greeted by the incessant auto-playing ads. I have a script disabler, but so much of the web content relies upon scripting. Maybe I am in the minority, but when some advertisement blasts out, unwelcomed, when I load a page, I make a point to write down the product name. I then vow NEVER to buy that product. I get the need to advertise, but I am just about completely sick of it.

Why does Google Chrome not have fairly common words in its dictionary? I run into this problem constantly and have to second guess myself and do an actual dictionary search to verify my spelling. So far, I have well over 90% success, but it is annoying to have to make sure I'm not in some sort of alternate reality or something.

I should be asleep. Somewhere in the back of my mind is some unfinished business. I will have to root around in my own subconscious until I figure it out. I hate that. It's scary in there!  :angst:

Well the other shoe is apparently dropping on my wallet. 

Still trying to get the hospital to fill out the forms for  my short term disability insurance so I can get paid for the time I was off. 

Then I find that my insurance didn't cover my entire surgery hospital stay. So now I'm missing a paycheck and owe $5000

I set up a Go Fund Me for it, but I'll totally accept a "Geez that sucks" response. 

I'm broke but I'm sure the hospital will work with me maybe. 

anyway. IF you have some change under your couch or know someone who doesn't like money and wants to get rid of it tout de suite....

https://www.gofundme.com/gallbladder-surgery-cleanup-2wuw84ss

• 1 month later...