The cranky thread

Hermit

Just a minor beef compared to most here, but still...

I order something online; it's the last one in stock. It has been over a week, and it's still not here. I know the website said it would take 5 to 14 days, but I'm still worried it got lost in the mail. The USPS has delivered my mail to the wrong address before, after all.

Dear Ahole relation of my Housemate.

No, an invite to two of you does NOT automagically turn into carte blanche to up the ante to six people. I am sorry your finances may not be great... problems  suck all over, But you  do not need to bring these folks along and expecting a house to be flipped over for your mere convenience ...this is not your vacation in another part of the state at casa de doormats.

In short, what the #### is wrong with you, you selfish #######

@Enforcer ... Good to hear! Tell her I said "Hi," and I'm glad she's feeling better.

@ Xavier... Ouch! My sympathies. Hope you get a good resolution.

@ tkdguy... Valid crankiness! The downside to the wonder of ordering stuff from the internet is the damned shipping. Hope it gets to you.

@ Hermit ... Hope the disturbance to your Hermitage ends soon.

I woke up 45 minutes ago (2:45 a.m. local time) to something that sounded like a scream.

Turns out, it was a scream. Lady P saw a mouse in the kitchen.

We've got a lot of useless junk in our kitchen, potential places for mice to hide. Now it all has to go.

My upcoming four-day weekend is now officially shot to Hell.

I woke up 45 minutes ago (2:45 a.m. local time) to something that sounded like a scream.

We've got a lot of useless junk in our kitchen, potential places for mice to hide. Now it all has to go.

https://youtu.be/BsOlHrxgpAg

You should just nuke the entire site from orbit--it’s the only way to be sure.  :winkgrin:

My preferred mouse deterrent is my 3 cats.  Certain breeds of dog are good for this too.  If the mice are coming in from outside, doing things to encourage birds of prey to nest nearby will vastly reduce the mouse population (friend of mine adopted several indoor cats and managed to attract a family of barn owls to a big tree in his back yard; he hasn't seen a mouse in over a decade).