The cranky thread

Hermit

Thanks guys. Plumbers were eventually called. Apparently a tree root problem... we did not have the tools to fix it ourselves... and I wouldn't have wanted to have tried. So they fixed it, and the bill paid. The clean up was ...aggravating.  But it's done. I just am not sure I trust the room not to have more problems again. The water pressure is terrible in this house and those particular pipes have trouble on their best days.

A 100' tree fell on my backyard on Wednesday. Thankfully, the house wasn't damaged, but my backyard is trashed. It knocked down a few other trees, including a couple in my own yard. Since a couple of power lines are in my backyard, the electricity went out. Power wasn't restored until 4 am, and I could hear the workers arguing and using their equipment well into the night, making sleep impossible. Most of the debris has been cleared, but there's still a large part of the trunk at the edge of the backyard. It won't be cleared until next week.

My dad just passed away. My belated condolences to those of you who have recently posted about losing family and friends. I know I don't always say something when one of you mentions the passing of a loved one but you're in my thoughts and prayers when you do. I'd appreciate it if you would pray for me now. Thank you.

My dad just passed away. My belated condolences to those of you who have recently posted about losing family and friends. I know I don't always say something when one of you mentions the passing of a loved one but you're in my thoughts and prayers when you do. I'd appreciate it if you would pray for me now. Thank you.

You got it buddy. 

Condolences. You and yours will be in my thoughts.

You have my deepest sympathies, man. Prayers and positive energy are being sent your way.

And...I now know why the gf has been absent from chat most since Monday. 

She got in a car accident and was in the hospital (for a night) and at her mom's.

Mild concussion though the meds make her vomit

Bleeding and she's got a blood clot disorder so she needed a blood transfusion

And I spent most of the night alternating between telling her I was just happy she was safe and yelling that I'd like a better system in place to notify me when something like this happens.

So hopefully her mom and/or sister will at least shoot me an email to explain the absence should it be something like this. 

geez. 

She's bouncing back pretty well. She works child care so insurance was a fear. But her employers have been very fair and adore her (Ayr's mom is her backup when she misses time) It sounds like she's going to be fine.

But yeah, the bleeding always worries me. 

Oh and she thanks you guys for the well-wishes and is embarrassed I shared :)