Who have you updated?

Dr. MID-Nite

I'm just curious as to which characters you all have updated from the various older titles that as yet haven't been done. For my part, I'd done....

Every character from The Olympians...

Dr. Megaton, Fusion, and The Hand from Challenges for Champions...

The Devil's Advocates from Horror Enemies(though I hear their update will soon be official)

Glacier, Facet, and Black Druid from European Enemies.....

Bastille from Shadows of the City(turned him into a hero)

Copperhead From Dark Champions

How about you guys?

Rob

Re: Who have you updated?

Shion Nys, from KAZEI 5. She's 850+ points, but I'm still tinkering with some effects and powers. I will say this -- I really, really, really, like some of the new skills, perks, and powers in 5th. She's much better defined now.

Come to think of it, I have updated several people from KAZEI 5, including the various cyberdroids, Katherine Ramis, Dawn, Ran, and the replicated human templates. And I like what I see.

I've updated the Protectors and Coatlicue from To Protect & Serve; the Protectors being turned into the retired group that once operated in the same city as one of the hero groups. I've also updated the Aquans from Scourge of the Deep and the Autogunner Gange from Challenges For Champions. The Aquans I only intended as a one shot, but since they all got away I might use them again. Autogunner works for the Warlord.

The Protectors (as circa 800pt experienced team) -- including Victrix and Jo-Tan of the Freedom Squad.

Most of CLOWN, including a few new members (like Master Mime and the Pun-isher). I've tried tracking down Stan West to see if I can get permission to post them...

Solitaire, Seeker, and Jaguar of 4th Ed Champions -- done to around 650 pts. I also revamped Defender, Ironclad, and Sapphire from 5th Edition into the same area.

Mammoth, of European Enemies, pumped up to a 1000+ pt mastermind-style villain and renamed Mastodon.

I kept Sanctuary as a concept, but I dropped most of the 4th Edition cast (except Hyperion) in favor of my own NPC's.

My next project will probably be Deathstroke, which is likely to find its roster expanded.

I've updated:

Bullet & Big John from classic enemies. I never got why a guy who dislikes supers hung with an alien robot, so I dropped whats-his-name and added several other homegrown supermercs to the raiders. Except for Bullet they are all lower points than most of my villians, but their teamwork & professionalism intimidates the heck out of my players.

The Destruction Company from High-Tech Enemies. They serve an important role in my game: Mayhem & Property Damage for hire.

The Flashmen from Allies. My players hate these guys! Hex's PC keeps muttering "They never get hurt!" every time they show up.

The Cyberknights from Allies. A ready made "fellow team of heros" for big summer crossover type adventures.

I've also updated the Aquans from Scourge of the Deep.

Then you are a braver man than I. :eek:

In my mind they were some of the lamest characters ever published in any Hero book.

I mean they had a guy named Barnicle who mainly just stuck to things.....

And a Portugese Man-O-War with legs.....

And a superintelligent Dolpin with little claw arms.....

One of their main enemies was a superintelligent alien Otter.

I have to stop thinking about them now. :ugly:

Autogunner Gange from Challenges For Champions. Autogunner works for the Warlord.

Ooh! I like that.

I forgot about Autogunner. I converted him too, only he and his crew were failed experiments of Dr. Blank before he perfected his process.

They are all currently in prision but if they ever get out they are totally hooking up with Warlord.

Assessinos

Villains from Scourge from the Deep, Atlantis, and even a few from Invaders from Below (Problem here was the mix: The author made sort of a Silver Age adventure with characters who have an iron age sensibility to the characters; Had to soften the "likes to kill humans" disasds).

I'd love to update the Blood ... can't find my blasted book however :(

Let's see ... who I have updated:

Shamrock, Rainbow Archer, Mongoose, 4e Champions, the Masq, Crusader, some of the Protectors (some had gotten killed), reformed Terror, Inc with a new membership and leader, Brick, METE, PSI, COIL (Didn't like some of the new stuff, took some old stuff and worked it in) and UNTIL (New equipment not in the book)

Things I'd like to update:

Blood, The Circle, Dr. McQuark, Target: Hero characters and Deathstroke

Hmmmm, let's see...

Champions of the North: The Sentinels

Kingdom of Champions: New Knights

Blood and Doctor McQuark: The Blood

Coriolis Effect: Lock stock and barrel

Coriolis Effect ... that's another I wish I could find ... loved some of the characters in there.

The Sinister Samuria from the VIPER sourcebook. Stats were comparable to The Whip from Eurostar. He used traditional Armour and Katana without the Focus Limitation. I updated him using The Ultimate Martial Artist, Ninja HERO and VIPER:Coils of the Serpent. He is still the Vancouver Nest Leader and has close ties with the Yakuza.

In my Champions Universe he killed Bhodi Li (a PC HERO) a Cloned Alien Super Soldier in a dramatic battle that allowed the PCs to escape. The HEROes returned with UNTIL and the RCMP to take down the VIPER Base. They burried in a military cemetary with full honours. The body of Bhodi Li turned up later in the possession of Malachite/Teleios.

Cheers

QM

P.S.: the PC's hunt The Sinister Samuria and VIPER seeking justice.

The Protectors, The Conquerors, Deathstroke, Dr. McQuark, The Demolition Company, Shamrock, and COIL. All remain on Earth 4 (Which is our old campaign world, which uses the 4th setting and 5th rules).

When I first got HD, I pulled out Enemies III and redid a couple who ended up on Earth 5 (5th setting, rules): Dark Angel and Buffalo, who were totally revamped and The Amazing Darkon, one of my all time faves, who stayed pretty much as written.

The Protectors, The Conquerors, Deathstroke, Dr. McQuark, The Demolition Company, Shamrock, and COIL. All remain on Earth 4 (Which is our old campaign world, which uses the 4th setting and 5th rules).

When I first got HD, I pulled out Enemies III and redid a couple who ended up on Earth 5 (5th setting, rules): Dark Angel and Buffalo, who were totally revamped and The Amazing Darkon, one of my all time faves, who stayed pretty much as written.

Wow...I no longer have Enemies 3, but mentioning the names brought up memories. I had almost completely forgotten about Buffalo. Didn't he have like insane REC and Regeneration? The other two I've almost completely forgotten their powers. Death Touch for Dark Angel and Darkness for Darkon(I'm assuming)?

Rob

Wow...I no longer have Enemies 3, but mentioning the names brought up memories. I had almost completely forgotten about Buffalo. Didn't he have like insane REC and Regeneration? The other two I've almost completely forgotten their powers. Death Touch for Dark Angel and Darkness for Darkon(I'm assuming)?

Rob

Buffalo: Yes, exactly correct. I changed his background, so he went from a failed Army experiment to a Native American "Skinwalker", sort of a were-buffalo and hitman.

Dark Angel: Yes, she was an avatar of Death. I changed her to a Russian doctor with the powers of Entropy. She could 'cure' any disease by giving it to someone else, so a rich person would give her a ton of money and she would pay a poor person a percentage to take on the ailment. She also could break down systems. I renamed her Zolotaya Smerti, which according to an online Russian to English dictionary means 'Black Angel'. I have know idea if it is correct, but it sounds cool.

The Amazing Darkon: A former henchman who worked for a mad scientist who expoused the Darkon Theory: Darkness is not the absence of Light, Light is the absence of Darkness. The scientist had constructed a Darkon bomb, that accidently went off, giving the henchman solid darkness powers and driving him mad. He is a lot of fun to play (as most crazy villains are). I'm really proud of the write-up I did, but have been advised against posting it, since their are copyright issues with the character.

Opening up my Badguys folder to write this post, I realized I also converted the Psi-Kin and Red Doom.

Then you are a braver man than I. :eek:

In my mind they were some of the lamest characters ever published in any Hero book.

I mean they had a guy named Barnicle who mainly just stuck to things.....

And a Portugese Man-O-War with legs.....

And a superintelligent Dolpin with little claw arms.....

One of their main enemies was a superintelligent alien Otter.

I have to stop thinking about them now. :ugly:

But Aquans are fun though. That and I un-cheezed them a bit and ditched the otter. I'd post my versions of them but I'm not sure if they are still protected by copyright.

Ooh! I like that.

I forgot about Autogunner. I converted him too, only he and his crew were failed experiments of Dr. Blank before he perfected his process.

They are all currently in prision but if they ever get out they are totally hooking up with Warlord.

It seemed a natural combination for me. I figured that Auto had to get his guns from somplace, and it might as well be the Warlord. After a while, the Warlord got to admire his spirit, if not his tact, and started to hire him for a few jobs. Mainly distractions.

Assessinos

Villains from Scourge from the Deep, Atlantis, and even a few from Invaders from Below (Problem here was the mix: The author made sort of a Silver Age adventure with characters who have an iron age sensibility to the characters; Had to soften the "likes to kill humans" disasds).

I forgot about Invaders from Below. I can't really call with I did with the subterrans "updating" though. More of a total rewrite and reform of the concept and history. But I do have a race of surface hating subterrans, some with superpowers and some with alien technology, so I guess it counts as an update.

I updated a lot of 3E and earlier stuff to 4E over the years, but frankly, the differences between 4E and 5E are small enough that for the most part I haven't bothered to make the next transition. Most of the early ones already mentioned on this thread had been brought into 4E, plus a number of others, notably including most of Enemies: The International File, the Corruptors of All from Enemies III, just about everyone from Wrath of the Seven Horsemen, and Invictus from Villainy Unbound (in my campaign he's leading the Prime Team, PRIMUS's superhero squad from Shelley CM's sourcebook).

One classic group that has gotten the 5E treatment is VOICE, due in no small part to input on the discussion board thread we had on it last year.