WWYCD: Sleeping With The Enemy

Marcus Impudite

(for once I'm doing one that has nothing to do with demons...;))

Advisory: Some adult themes, may not be appropriate for all players, characters, and/or campaign settings.

It's one of those rare slow days, so with nothing better to do, you stop by to visit with one of your teammates. When you ring the doorbell, he/she comes to the door in a bathrobe and an embarressed/guilty expression on his/her face. As he/she tells you this wasn't a good time to drop by, you glance over his/her shoulder and see- much to your shock- the costume of a superhuman you and the group consider an adversary (pick someone of the appropriate gender and sexual orientation) on the couch. After an awkward silience, your friend confesses that the individual in question is in the bedroom asleep and begins telling you the whole sordid tale:

The two of them met on a personals website in Secret ID, and after afew face to face dates, got into an *ahem* "intimate relationship." Only recently did each find out who the other was, and though the fact that they were on opposing sides of law/morality was awkward, they continued seeing each other (yes, the sex was THAT good). Rightly or wrongly so, your colleague sinerely believes he/she can persaude his/her new bedpartner to change sides. WWYCD?

Re: WWYCD: Sleeping With The Enemy

Uncle Slam would remind them that the individual is still a known felon, but he would not take action other than to bring up any history that villain has for manipulating people. Then he'd leave it all to the hero to deal with.

Anthem would be more embarassed about knowing such a thing than the thing itself. She's not one to throw stones, although she would now feel compelled to keep an eye on the other hero and make sure they're not being worked by the villain for some nefarious purpose.

Style - "Jacob, may I have permission to make sure that you are not under any sort of enchanment?"

Flesh Gordon - "Allie, I know exactly how this stuff happens, but dudette, trust me, it never works out."

Legend - "War-Man, I am asking you to reconsider this. Whatever decision you make after that, I will do all I can to help."

Meeb would shlurp on away. He is still having memory problems and getting used to Human culture. He wouldn't nessisarily understand that anything is really wrong.

Terminal Velocity would be a little taken aback, and then would talk to his teammate and tell them to be careful, very very careful. TV's background is that he is the son of a supervillianess who had a small affair with a superhero who tried to get her to go strait.

Ballistic would be very careful around the character and try and talk them out of it, especially if the attraction were primarily physical. He has yet to have a relationship with a woman turn out well, and has a very negative view of relationships in general.

Blackcat would talk to the teammate later, and have a small discussion with them but really wouldn't bat an eye. Her current significant other is an ex-villian that she help go hero.

Thanks for the quesion, it is just sort of perfect for two of my characters. :)

Myrmidon would almost certainly be the one in the embarassing position of asking his teammate to come back later, since he's got a thing for "bad girls." :shock: If he were on the receiving end of it, though, he'd be in the embarrassing position of having to go through the whole "Do as I say, not as I do" routine. ;)

Blur would shriek, "What you're doing is wrong!" (in a voice loud enough to wake up the evil paramour), and probably never trust her teammate ever again (or at least as long as her short attention span warrents).

Chevelier would shrug. "Ah, amore. Such is ze way of love. So -- how you say? -- beautiful, yet so tragic. We do not choose, we are chosen. But we are still going to stop her when she tries to rob ze bank, no?"

Bill.

Black Arrow - Would yell "I am soooo telling ElectroKnight about this!" and run off to the team leader.

Darkshadow - Would take the opportunity to arrest the adversary if there were any outstanding warrants. If not, he'd make a harsh comment or two about inappropriate choices and would cross that teammate off his ever shrinking list of people he trusts.

Panther - He wouldn't say anything because he did it himself. He had a hot & heavy affair with female supermerc that the team had gone against a couple of times (though she was more "grey" than supervillain).

John Wrath, Solo Avenger: Do you have a mirror? I want to know if I look like Sigmund fucking Freud here. Why in God's good name would you go into that much detail? I don't want to have to fight toe to toe with [insert female villainess here] and have an image of you two giggling like schoolgirls. You owe me an entire case of beer for this one... (afterwards, the teammate would be on the ever expanding "Watch Closely, and Eliminate if Necessary" mental list.)

Triage: Um... err... pfff... um.... I'll... uhh... come back later... (Triage's overly empathic disad would make him almost as red with embarrassment as his costume...)

Dark Moon: "ooh! I'm sorry! I'll come later, bye" After few steps away of the door she stops and says to herself: "wait a min.....".

Storm Shadow: "ooh! I'm sorry! I'll come later, bye". Then he'll try to get inside from a window and try to see what the hell are they doing. He won't believe the "love story".

Twilight: "Whoa, deja vu." This has happened to Twilight before you see, as he does tend to have a thing for bad girls on occasion. He'd look into the situation to make sure his friend wasn't being used, all the while hoping his friend isn't dating the same villainess Twilight himself dated. That would be just embarrasing after all.

Avalon: She'd find the situation rather akward and would make absolutely sure that her friend was doing this of his/her own free will, as she's had some troubles with manipulative villains in the past. Once she finds out the relationship is willing, if she does, she'll be happy for her friend but will ask him/her to be careful.

Badger, well he sees things as enemies and allies. So it could get tricky. He'd probably try to arrest the villain on the spot. And would probably accuse the teammate of being a traitor. In badger's world their is black and white, so to speak, no room for gray.

Note: He would be a bit forgiving of a one night stand sort of thing (at least one teammate is prone to that sort of thing)

Hmm, Ranger--follow villain, see if he leads him to his allies/teammates, take them down, tell the team how the teammate 'went undercover'--and then chew her out royally afterwards, in private.

Hornet trail, follow villain, arrest him at his next time--lockout teammate from base, warn others untiul team mentalist checks her out.

Blaze, --hit the bad guy while he's asleep, try to pick up girl on the rebound.

Shaister, come back later, shapechanged and imitating the villain..after the fun, then dump her, infuriate her, and leave an obvious trail to her ex-lover's hideout..and then show up 'accidentally' to bring the cad in. (Shaister was not nice, as the name suggests. )

(Gee, now I can participate since I have a PC in a new supernatural campaign)

Jack Malleus: Well, I have the same situation with the Enchantress, not to mention someone else I would rather not discuss, so I can't really tell you what to do. One thing I do know however is that rehabilitation is not in the cards.

Storm Shadow: "ooh! I'm sorry! I'll come later' date=' bye". Then he'll try to get inside from a window and try to see what the hell are they doing. He won't believe the "love story".[/quote']

STORM SHADOW, PEEPING PERV: EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS!

This week's Inquisitor!

In stores now!

Rock Bottom: Is scheduled to get a bunch of new teammates soon. Of the ones he has, Rock would be appalled that Thunderfist was cheating on his steady girlfriend, and utterly baffled by Tao having sexual interests at all.

Calculus: "Time to get you to detox." It's probably Feelgood, Jr. messing with heads again.

Mask of Justice: A-hem. Here in the Golden Age, we do not have sex lives on camera. At most his teammate would *date* a foe. And these sort of things never last. (Though the Mask *would* check to make sure it's not someone impersonating the villain.)

Kira Midori: Mind probe time! Both teammate and paramour. Further actions from there.

Talion: "Jesus, She-Cat, *again*? :rolleyes: Have you no common sen--why do I even ask?"

Chevelier would shrug. "Ah, amore. Such is ze way of love. So -- how you say? -- beautiful, yet so tragic. We do not choose, we are chosen. But we are still going to stop her when she tries to rob ze bank, no?"

That's the funniest moment of my week so far. Thanks, Bill. :)

Our campaign and characters are fairly new, and so far we've only had to deal with one master villian, that is still alive. And my characters are the only males in the group, so it kinda depends on who it was.

Dandilion who is a 8 foot tall green alien gal, apparently of the age of consent: "Uhh... you do know he is a bad guy, right? Right???" Go from there.

Blakley an underage were-dragon: "Kid, you are waayy too young to be getting into this type of stuff. We are gonna have to bring this up with your guardian." And then go tell her guardian about what he saw, but in a circumspect way such that the intimate behavior is deniable, and less embarrassing for her.

Rose Sputtering "But, but. He tried to sacrifice me to an elder god!" Unless this was some form of "undercover work" would be extremely upset, worried about Rose, but generally keep quiet about it. And go back to dating grad students.

Hell's Angel would be appalled by her teammate's bad taste. Not that she's opposed to a little recreational sex (or a lot of it), but there are people you just don't get that close to, no matter how much fun they might be. And criminals, particularly supercriminals, are among them. She'd also seriously reconsider her relationship with the hero in question, who will have proven to have very questionable judgment. Whether she'd try to apprehend the villain immediately would depend on what, exactly, the villain was known to have done.

This would probably go ever Eve's head like a passing satellite. She'd possibly think the villain had broken into the base and her friend had rendered him or her unconsious (and..taken off their costume for some reason). Once the situation was explained (They were "Boyfriend and Girlfriend") she'd just be really puzzled and go to one of the adults for further explaination.

Shidoku would accept it initially but as soon as she got her friend in private would have some serious words with her. Thinking with their gentials has gotten a few of her friends killed in the past.

STORM SHADOW' date=' PEEPING PERV: EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS![/size']

This week's Inquisitor!

In stores now!

LOL! He is a bit paranoid so he'll make sure that his teammate is not used or charmed or if he is a villain now. If he notices that he is a bad guy now he would kill them with his katana ;) (errr he already killed a teammate so it won't be that hard :D)

LOL! He is a bit paranoid so he'll make sure that his teammate is not used or charmed or if he is a villain now. If he notices that he is a bad guy now he would kill them with his katana ;) (errr he already killed a teammate so it won't be that hard :D)

Wow, the friend-killing laws are pretty lenient in Argentina! ;)

From our The Furies campaign, Seeker would mind his own business as a general rule. Having served a prison stint himself when public opinion had shifted against supers, he's hardly in a position to lecture teammates about who "good guys" and "bad guys" are. A lot of that can be in the eye of the beholder, and Seeker would be willing to entertain the notion that an adversary might not be "all bad."

Two definite exceptions and one possible exception, though, when Seeker would try to dissuade the teammate or otherwise take action...

1. If the "adversary" involved was a major baddie... obviously evil beyond redemption... presumably unlikely, if the adversary genuinely did meet the teammate via personals. In that case, Seeker would begin by assuming the teammate had been hoodwinked, brainwashed, etc.... possibly even kidnapped and replaced. If investigation didn't reveal any of those things, Seeker would begin to question his teammate's loyalty and/or sanity. This could cause an irreparable rift. ("I don't care how nice a guy you say he is when the helmet's off! No friend of Dr. Destroyer's is a friend of mine!" ;) )
  2. If the adversary was known to possess powers that might allow him/her to coerce or trick Seeker's teammate into this (Mind Control or some such). If that was the case, Seeker would take appropriate steps (possibly including telling other teammates if necessary) to ensure that wasn't happening. If that was ruled out, Seeker would mind his own business from then on.
  3. Depending on Seeker's relationship with the teammate, his actions might be different. Seeker assesses integrity very harshly, because his own is essentially beyond reproach... he will not compromise his principles for any reason, ever. As a result, although he recognizes that most people do not have the strength of will to do the same, and tries to make some allowances for that, he still doesn't truly trust very many people. And although virtually all of the people on the list of those he does truly trust are on his team, not everyone on his team is on the list of people he truly trusts. ;) So if it was a teammate whose commitment to the cause of justice or loyalty to the team was already somewhat suspect in Seeker's eyes, uncovering this romance would cause Seeker to have even more misgivings about the teammate. (If it was a teammate Seeker truly trusts, then this romance alone would not shake that trust.)

From the Project STARCROSS campaign, Guile would chuckle cynically, and do whatever he could to prolong the entertainment offered by the situation. If the romance seemed to be cooling off, he'd try to get them back together. If things seemed to be going well, he'd try to stir up trouble. If things got boring, he'd "leak" the news to another teammate. This manipulative (and admittedly not-nice) playfulness would stop if the relationship (or the manipulation) endangered the team or his teammate, or if the relationship progressed to the point of marriage or such.

Valgard, son of Loki, is the Asgardian god of Guile and Deception (hence his codename). And although he wants to atone for his father's betrayal of the Asgardians, and he is ultimately loyal to his team, he is still his father's son. He still has a wide streak of cunning, trickery, and manipulativeness, and a wicked sense of humor. :eg:

Crossing the line in a romantic entanglement is classic genera - Batman and Catwoman, Daredevil and Electra, Spiderman and Black Cat

Quasar - Quasar would be incensed! He would lecture his team mate long and loud on the danger they were placing the whole team in. At the next team meeting he would bring up the matter in detail in front of the whole team and demand a vote on expelling the team mate.

Mystica - Is the villain a known mystical threat? No? Then she would make a big show about being happy for her team mate, but would secretly harbor jelousy and resentment. Mystica is very lonely, something like this would rub her face in it.

If the villain was a know mystical threat, the it would be combat right then and their "to shatter the villain's mind control of my team mate..."

Shadowhunter - "Can I watch?"