Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Playtesting Terracide for Savage Worlds, and my gaming group is buying equipment for their characters:

Players: Can we get laser swords? Savage Worlds Deluxe says they're only $1000!

GM (me): Good news / bad news: In Terracide, they're only ten bucks... at the toy store. Go nuts.

4th edition DnD-ness

Theren the Archer, Elven Ranger

Goguin the Faithful, Dwarven Cleric

Darrek the Redundant, Dwarf Fighter

Lucius the Pyro/Cyromaniac, Tiefling Elementalist

Terios the Moo, Minotaur Fighter

Varus the stretched, Half-Elf Ardent

Whisper the Loud, Half-Elf Paladin

Lucius: What the hell are you doing?

Terios: Hark, I hear our battle cry!

Illithyds attack!

Whisper: I've seen enough hentai...

Terios: Illithyd bounty hunters?

Darrek: Give them some paper towels.

Terios is upset...

Terios: Mood swing, slay the party!

Theren: Nothing more stubborn than a minotaur.

Varus: Terios could win a staring contest with a medusa.

The GM has a request

GM: I need more dice.

Terios: Not a good sign.

Goguin: No guts, no gory.

Brain in a swimming pool drags Whisper in...

Terios: Avenge yourself, pee in his pool!

Goguin: I use three minor actions...

Therin: Dig for gold, we need the money.

Darrek: Dig for iron, we could make armor.

Whisper: Dig for weapons grade plutonium.

Goguin: Minor, m-i-n-o-r, not miner!

Another animation from Peter Schmidt Jensen, for Masks :)

Meet Abigail Stance, spunky reporter; Lord Frontbottom, escaped lunatic with a penchant for tea and face-stabbings; and Harry Johnson, agent of ONI (Outstanding Nitwits Inc.)

Ya know' date=' I'm kinda frightened of that inn. I was talking this over with the DM and one player in our D&D game, and we were unsure exactly what type -- ok so what [i']race[/i] -- of NPC would say this in public. Ogre? Orc? And furthermore, what inn would welcome that type when there are humans, elves, and other peaceful humanoids like gnomes and dwarves to serve ale to? I mean, really, if you were the barkeep, would you let an ogre in?

If you were JUST a barkeep, would you tell an ogre that he can't come in?

From our Rogue Trader game:

Eurydice: You know what our ship needs? A giant pair of TruckNutz to hang from the back.

Vesper: Yeah, like the size of asteroids!

Eurydice: Or small moons!

Morgan: That should give us at least a +1 on all Intimidation rolls!

GM: *facepalm*

From an email exchange RE: Our Rogue Trader game:

GM: If anyone is compiling a wish list of toys for his/her character, I'd love to see it.

Me: We need a few Lemun Russ main battle tanks. Just sayin'. I will convince the captain of this by telling her that we can use them to stage weekend rallies and races on Deck 32c:

"SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY! Come see the ROARING ACTION and EXTREME CRASHES as the MONSTER TANK "Emperor's Own Vengeance" goes up against the Orky BIG THUNDER BATTLEWAGON! Fire-breathing funnycars burn their way through a virtual ARMY OF HERETICS! Watch the ZERO-GRAVITY TRACTOR PULL! Pray to the machine spirits of the AWESOME CRUSADER LAND-RAIDER! Tickets still available! You'll buy the whole seat BUT YOU'LL ONLY NEED THE EDGE!!!!"

GM: If anyone is compiling a wish list of toys for his/her character, I'd love to see it.

Me: We need a few Lemun Russ main battle tanks. Just sayin'. I will convince the captain of this by telling her that we can use them to stage weekend rallies and races on Deck 32c:

"SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY! Come see the ROARING ACTION and EXTREME CRASHES as the MONSTER TANK "Emperor's Own Vengeance" goes up against the Orky BIG THUNDER BATTLEWAGON! Fire-breathing funnycars burn their way through a virtual ARMY OF HERETICS! Watch the ZERO-GRAVITY TRACTOR PULL! Pray to the machine spirits of the AWESOME CRUSADER LAND-RAIDER! Tickets still available! You'll buy the whole seat BUT YOU'LL ONLY NEED THE EDGE!!!!"

Repeat previous image.

Don't you mean, "You'll buy the whole seat BUT YOU'LL ONLY NEED THE EXIT!!!!"

So, I'm running a random one-shot in my Champions world due to attendance issues, and the heroes are battling these crocodile men, trying to prevent them from freeing the alien Sebek from his mini-pyramid prison.

Well, the players rolled like !@#!!!!. Sebek got freed, and escaped, but the crocodile men and their priests didn't. So here are some quotes from this debacle.

Auron: Hey, Coach bag! (Me, snickering)

Silver Sentinel (Cursing under her breath because she can't say things outright most of the time): I wish I could say "Just hit someone."

And, after the action was over...

Auron (OOC): I loot the priest.

Me: You find a loincloth and some sandals.

Auron: I neatly fold them, place them on a podium and attach a note that says "ass-clown."

Mr Jensen has been getting previews of the session tapes, and came up with this. I'm particularly amused by his ideas about parallels with other pop-culture :) -

the_temptation_of_harry_johnson_by_mokkurkalfe-d5b1p3j.png

The Temptation of Harry Johnson by ~
on

An illustration for Drhoz' & the Perth Gamer Guild's game of Call of Cthulhu: Masks of Nyarlathotep; a recent episode had the much-beleagered agent Harry Johnson in a pickle - faced with the inquisitive questions from a female (gasp!) reporter, should he reveal to her the cruel, dark truths of reality, or find another solution?

Perhaps I'm reading too much into these games, but it's interesting to note that the main villain/Great Old One/Outer God/supernatural-embodiment-of-the-Mythos of the current campaign (Nyarlathotep) is also known to manifest in the guise of the Father of All Bats (i.e. the gawddamn Batman). Meanwhile, the intrepid band of erstwhile investigators combatting the nebolous forces of San Bat, are led by McGinty (AKA the New England Shit Vortex, the Giggling Madman, the Drunk Irish Joker etc) and agent Rondale (a young man with a zealous determination to fight criminals and cultists alike, who suffered grievous facial injuries during the course of his career, and whose player has now adopted a new character: the faceman-stabbing maniac, Lord Frontbottom; a decidedly TWO-FACED
;)
approach to the Call of Cthulhu RPG).

Oh, and we mustn't forget Aldous Quinn: a brawny behemoth who quickly came to fear, respect and adore Paddy McGinty (any claims you may have heard that Aldous is the illegitimate lovechild of Solomon Grundy and Harley QUINN, are totally spurious and vicious rumours!) ;P

We started an Ironclaw game last Saturday.

The Cast

Captain Fancy Horse Paladin

Sigmund Kinsbrough -- Tiger Agent

Trake -- Tiger Mercenary

Zepherine LaFleur, Red Fox Ranger

Zepherine: "A brave ranger doesn't fear the feel of nature on her face."

GM: "...I don't know quite what to say to that."

Fancy: "He puts the lime in the coconut and I drink it all up."

Trake: "She could hold the line, but couldn't hold her liquor."

Trake: "He's a lesbian... thespian... one of those."

Zepherine: "It hasn't rained cats and dogs in one hundred years and you know it."

Trake: "And yet someone still stepped in a poodle."

After the GM rattles off some local nobility titles: "Duke, duke, duke... duke of earl."

Our Sunday group ended a 10 Session game of Shadowrun last Sunday.

GM: "You two roll Logic."

Feena the Elf (OOC): "You have logic?"

GM: "It gives the principals of argument."

Big Al the Troll (OOC): "No it doesn't."

Everyone pauses, then: *laughter*

Randolph Carter: "Does anyone feel ready to go on?"

Big Al the Troll: "No."

Randolph Carter: "Let's go."

"Oh my god! We've been attacked by lens flare!"

Big Al the Troll: "Next time, maybe I'll grab the horn."

"When a man sits in his mom's basement...."