Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

From my Hu game:

"And just who the frag is this?!?" he asked/stated, looking at the ghostly

figure with the hole in his middle.

The ghostly figure glared at Nathan, holding out a wallet with badge and ID card. J.S. Clarke was filled in neat black letters.

CES

From a Golen Age Champions game several years ago.

Me: May I change my Secret ID to Public ID?

GM: Why?

Me: Because everytime I'm in my mystery man outfit, my teammates call me "Francois." And evertime I'm in normal clothes, they call me "Swashbuckler." I figure somebody else would notice this -even if my teammates don't.

The UNITY team is discussing how they might infiltrate an alien battleship. The team's shapeshifting Russian hero has a suggestion.

Vilkacis: You could fit me inside a small hollow missile and fire me at the enemy ship. The missile would penetrate the hull, allowing me access!

Me: So the missile would be a Depleted Ukrainian round?

:lol:

Let the world rejoice, I have finally found someone else who enjoyed (or knew about) the Galaxy Rangers and Beta! Sweet. Let me just smile quietly.

:)

I forget, was Galaxy Rnagers the cartoon with the super powered rangers and the cybernetic "shapeshifting" horse or the ULtra short lived live action show a decade or so earlier?

Its gotta be a HERO player thing or something.

Attacks of Opportunity were the thing that let me pwn that game! But like you, I had to spoonfeed the whole system to people who had been playing for years. They just couldn't grasp how AoE's worked.

It was a happy conincidence that the character I chose, originally just to "rebel" against all the weird assed PC's, ended up being the uber choice for gaining feats. By 10th level or so you couldn't loook at him funny without provoking a grip of opportunity attacks.

I was the mighty reaper of mooks!

I was in a D20 modern game for a very short time. Normal human... Funny, other players were bringing in things like half dragons, and when a new guy joined, he got a werewolf.

/cue sarcasm/JOY!/

Later they had a higher level one shot I was in. I made a half celestial (I found this interesting celestial in one of the supplements, 4 arms, multi attack, multi dexterity...) I talked the ref into letting me have a magic ring that hid my extra arms.

When we finally got into a fight at the end of the night, we are getting hit with assault rifles and a Samourai 76mm grenade launcher...

I run up to one of the goons and hit him. 4 times, he flew back like I had hit him with a truck.

One of the guys, who might as well have been the inspiration for "The Munchkins guide to power gaming (If you don't own it, GET IT!), accused me of munchkinism. I pointed out that one of the guys had been lugging around a "coffin" with a minigun in it all night.

Then I mentioned that I COULD have used 2 12 gauge auto shotguns, or 4 machine pistols, or...

The UNITY team is discussing how they might infiltrate an alien battleship. The team's shapeshifting Russian hero has a suggestion.

Vilkacis: You could fit me inside a small hollow missile and fire me at the enemy ship. The missile would penetrate the hull, allowing me access!

Me: So the missile would be a Depleted Ukrainian round?

:lol:

I BARELY AVOIDED SPRAYING MY MONITOR WITH COFFEE!

Good one!

I forget' date=' was Galaxy Rnagers the cartoon with the super powered rangers and the cybernetic "shapeshifting" horse or the ULtra short lived live action show a decade or so earlier?[/quote']

The first one.

There were four.

The "Leader" basically had a powerful energy weapon in his "whichever arm was facing the camera" :D

There was a woman with psychic powers

The billy dee williams wannabe had cyberkinetic powers

and the Clint Eastwood clone was the metamorph.

From my HeroCentral game:

VIPER is robbing a bank, the police have shut off the power so the lights are out. After an explosion is heard from behind the bank, one of the team's two bricks goes walking through the front doors (they're glass anyway).

Ingot: Normal people can go, Bad Guys need to stay and take a beatin'

Ogre: [Throws an ATM at Ingot and hits]

Ingot: Ow! Guess that's what I get for bringing nothing but my fists to an ATM fight.

Just flashed back to this one from years ago, thanks to the Sanctuary? thread.

I've got a kind of brick/martial artist hybrid (not as strong as a true brick, not as quick as a real martial artist), and we catch wind of a crime ... though, curiously, we can't get any information out of it. We decide to do a two-pronged attack; I come in from one side, acting like I've got the stuff to take down everybody while the rest of the team comes in from the other direction. The team's brick tries to toss me over the building to come in from the back, but a messed-up attack roll sends in me in through the skylight (oops).

I land pretty much surrounded by Tag, Toe-Tapper, Merry Andrew and Trump Knight of CLOWN (some others were about as well), and the fight starts in earnest. Miraculously, I survive Segment 12, despite getting tagged 'it' by Toe-Tapper; I managed to avoid getting hammered by Tag, avoided an Entangle from Trump Knight, and a pie-in-the-face from Andrew. After that, there's nothing to say but ...

"This CLOWN posse really *is* insane."

The first one.

There were four.

The "Leader" basically had a powerful energy weapon in his "whichever arm was facing the camera" :D

There was a woman with psychic powers

The billy dee williams wannabe had cyberkinetic powers

and the Clint Eastwood clone was the metamorph.

Clint Eastwood clone growls, "I am not a metamorph!"

IIRC, dude had a serious issue about being thought a metamorph. Besides, he couldn't shift all that much. I seem to recall him shifting his ears to hear better, and I think maybe his arms once, but that could have been the leader.

Clint Eastwood clone growls' date=' "I am [i']not[/i] a metamorph!"

IIRC, dude had a serious issue about being thought a metamorph. Besides, he couldn't shift all that much. I seem to recall him shifting his ears to hear better, and I think maybe his arms once, but that could have been the leader.

IIRC Clint's metamorph ability was SFX. His body automatically shifted to address any danger that he had faced. So if he got shot with a laser, he would become reflective, if he was underwater, he would grow gills, etc. In essence he had a VPP limited to defensive powers, only what last hit by.

That being said, this is a very old memory.

I was hanging with someone who is starting a new caimpaign, in a D20 system, just last week.

Keep in mind, I've never played 3.5 ed, only played 3.0 ed about 4 or 5 sessions although I've skimmed the books. He has played quite a bit

I seem to know the rules a lot better then he does or his players who have also DMed. I don't know how much of it is an inability to read or a total disintrest. I am not talking house rules here either. Hell sometimes not only did he not know the exact rule he didn't have any exact rule when one was needed, and would reply with a shurgged shoulder and a eh.

When I would look it up and explain the book, he would understand it, but I lack confidence in his abilities.

This is how I felt in a recent GURPS game I played in.

I hadn't been around GURPS in years, and you could say 'it was 4e so what can you expect when everyone is new to it' but among the others were two GURPS fiends.

By somewhere in the second or third session I was the one with all the rules info - and the 'there's a rule for that?' was common enough for a response.

Of course, it also made me realize just how frustrating of a system GURPS actually is, as half the rules I looked up where things that prevented me or someone else from playing in the style that would have been most enjoyable...

Levels of reading comprehension vary greater, and even more so the ability to look at something and then see how it would or might apply in a different circumstance is greater lacking in most people (thankfully, or people like me would be out of work in the legal profession... :joint: )

this one is from our local ofer called Glbert who played a punisher clone in a chanpions game a while back when the 5th edition just came out and the rules for killing attacks became much more deadly...

" man..n i cant even stun the vilians with my killing RKA anymore, they all keep dying!!"

Old D&D game. The scenario has our party undergoing The Tests of Thor. The first "test" involves a large room crammed floor to ceiling with weapons of various sorts.

One character looks for, finds and raises a hammer. A hitherto unseen door opens.

To the shock and dismay of the remainder of the group, the party wasemouth says (quiote audibly) "That's right...Thor never was the brightest of deities"

Another player replies" "Steve never was the brightest of DM's"

Which was followed by "We are lucky not to be undertaking the Tests of Gruumsh"