Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Character is Whiplash a lesbian lawyer / speedster who wears very little but is bondage like and uses a whip

Tell me, my dear GM, are you slightly fixated on me being a lesbian?

Also I enforce a costume malfunction on her and her bikini top strap has broken (but repaired n comic book fashion). My joke on her as she supplied the Hero machine picture of wearing just a bikini and pants, whip and long leather boots which I did say was not very family friendly and could she change it but she refused :).

I am forced to defend myself here! My dear GM said that as my name is Whiplash it would follow that my costume should be leather...and not much of it. Deny it! He also fails to mention that he broke the heel on my boot and a nail. Evil. Pure evil.

Hugs,

f x (also known as Whiplash)

Tell me, my dear GM, are you slightly fixated on me being a lesbian?

I am forced to defend myself here! My dear GM said that as my name is Whiplash it would follow that my costume should be leather...and not much of it. Deny it! He also fails to mention that he broke the heel on my boot and a nail. Evil. Pure evil.

Hugs,

f x (also known as Whiplash)

Having thought about it (and after a cold shower later) is a relationship between the same person but from a different dimension incest?

Will UNTIL have to separate you until they can get your alternate you back to her own dimension?

Did I make your character picture and did I force you to change it (well apart from insisting on at least a mask to hide you secret i.d.)?

Is it you who is throwing too much into your character? :)

Deathwatch, Episode 2

On the warworld Magna Ganf, the Deathwatch team are trying to recover all evidence of Emperor's Ghosts Space Marine presence on the planet - difficult, since one of the marines survived the crash, came back to set up a radio beacon, then left again.

Techmarine Tawhaki
: At least we assume it was him. If somebody else has been interfering with Astartes technology, we will want a word with them. And that word will be 'bolter-round'.

Battlebrothers Gunhildr, Hippocrates, and the NPCs are left at the crash site, to guard the pile and teleport out if any Orks show up before we get back. Squad Leader MacIan is fine with leaving the Iron Hands Gunhildr behind.

Assault Marine Gilroy MacIan
: I don't know if any of you guys have noticed, but he's bit of an arsehole.

: We'll simply ask if they've seen someone eight feet tall.

Techmarine Tawhaki
: Ah, well clearly he's disguised himself by cutting off his own legs.

Apothecary Corbis
: Brother...

: It's Brother Gilroy

Apothecary Corbis
:I said Brother

: You're so stiff

Techmarine Tawhaki
: I can fix that *gets out the oil*

Trying to find the missing Emperor's Ghost marine will be easier if he's used chapter-sign to mark landmarks

Techmarine Tawhaki
:
The Emperor's Ghosts woz 'ere
in bright fluoro orange across the fortifications

Apothecary Corbis
: The ghost who walks

Techmarine Tawhaki
: So we should be looking for people with a skull mark punched into their jaw?

Word is relayed to us of an Imperial unit pinned down by fire some miles to the north - we're inclined to ignore it, given the orders to keep knowledge of our presence to a minimum, but they are under the flightpath of the crashed pod, so may have seen something. Unfortunately, it turns out that both attackers and defenders are human, which makes identifying who we're supposed to kill, or at least, question first, then kill to maintain mission secrecy, difficult.

Techmarine Tawhaki
: I think we failed to requisition binoculars because we knew, with MacIan in charge, that whatever we ran into out here, we'd be in close combat thirty seconds later.

Telemachus scouts ahead to check which side are the Gaurdsmen, and which the bandits.

Techmarine Tawhaki
: Good idea - Charlie Foxtrot is not our friend

Telemachus strolls unnoticed through the battering, and scares the hell out of the Gaurdsmen - part of an Iocanthos scout regiment, who confirm that they did see a wounded marine, set up the beacon as per his instructions, and then had the bulk of their unit, all the officers, and the marine rounded up by the Calixis Commisariat, the Sector Governor's private military police force, and a group despised and feared even more than the usual Commissars.

Techmarine Tawhaki
: They're recruiting from Iocanthos now?!

Tac-marine Telemachus
: Why wouldn't they - it has a population of five billion and they've been killing each other since the age of three. They'll make great infantry.

:
*strokes his motorbike*
Sing for me, Baby. VROOM, VROOM

Techmarine Tawhaki
: Look at it this way, Brother Telemachus - he makes
your
attempts at stealth more successful

Assault Marine Gilroy MacIan of the Storm Warden Chapter makes his attack run on the bandits - driving his motorbike with one hand and swinging a claymore with the other, laughing with joy, and playing bagpipe music at 240 decibels.

Techmarine Tawhaki
: You know, it's just occurred to me that 'MacIan' and 'Maniac' are almost the same word.

Tac-marine Telemachus
: You only realised this
now
?

Tac-marine Telemachus
: That music is a bit much - I'm pretty sure it's listed under 'cruel and unusual punishment'

Techmarine Tawhaki
: MacIan may be more enthusiastic about the slaughter, but I'm more methodical. She loves me, she loves me not. She loves me, she loves me not. She loves me!

Tac-marine Telemachus
: My apologies, Brother MacIan - I neglected to inform you that I had already located our missing brother, and that there was no need to take prisoners. Please, finish this traitor with my pistol.

The traitors are local Planetary Defence, turned rogue due to the abuse they've suffered at the hands of their supposed allies, the Iocanthos regiment included. Rather than be handed over to the authorities, he attempts to enrage us enough to kill him on the spot. This doesn't work, but certainly raises our choler.

Techmarine Tawhaki
: You don't deserve an Astartes bullet. We will not soil our armour with your blood. Instead, I think, we should leave you in the company of the Iocanthos regiment. I'm sure you'll have a lot to talk about.

Techmarine Tawhaki
: And as we leave we can hear the screams - even over the roar of the engines.

Tac-marine Telemachus
: They fought well. I shall recommend to my chapter that we descend on Iocanthos and invoke our Right of Decimatory Recruitment.

Off to the country hotel long since commandeered by the Calixis Commissariat. They order us to halt and identify ourselves.

: Throw up gang signs, brothers. *
all pose

: We're looking for a Space Marine.

Techmarine Tawhaki
: About this tall.

Apothecary Corbis
: And this wide.

Tac-marine Telemachus
: Remember, we must park close enough together that when the comic relief shows up, he can knock all the bikes over in one go.

: I'm going to requisition a top hat! If I can't wear a helmet then I'll be the Dapper Marine.

They're a bit alarmed to see us. This might be because they have a badly wounded space marine captive, and have been torturing him because he refuses to identify himself ( the Emperor's Ghosts were chosen for the original mission because of the need for total secrecy, after all ).

Tac-marine Telemachus
: If your commander isn't out here in sixty seconds I'm going to go looking by myself.

Apothecary Corbis
: 60...59...

Chalice Commissar
: I refuse to release the prisoner unless you have proper Inquisitorial identification!

All
: *gaze at him with some astonishment that a mere human can be so suicidal, and simultaneously point to the Deathwatch insignia occupying our left pauldrons.

I suspect the only reason that none of us swatted his head off his shoulders was because of a clinical interest in how far this text-book case of delusions of grandeur would go. As it was, it was Telemachus who reached his limit first.

Tac-marine Telemachus
:
*seizes Commissar by throat and yanks him up to face level*
We are the Emperor's Angels of Death! We are DEATHWATCH! We serve the will of the High Lords of Terra! You are obstructing that will! DO! YOU! UNSTANDSTAND?!

Wounded battle-brother patched up, we call in for evac, and recommend that the surviving Iocanthos troops be requisitioned into Deathwatch control. After all, they've proved much more trustworthy than the Calixis Commissariat.

Techmarine Tawhaki
: Yay, who wants a scout as a minion?

Tac-marine Telemachus
: Chianti and human flesh? Really?

: I'm sure the Codex Astartes has directions for what wine goes best with Long Pig, but...

Techmarine Tawhaki
: It's in one of the appendices.

And back off to the Watchstation, confident in the knowledge that that commissar, and probably the entire base, are going to be wiped out by the local High Command for so embarrassing them before the Space Marines...

Give it time...if there's anything that I've noticed about characters in Drhoz's campaigns

(based upon what's been posted of them, that is), it's that after a certain period of time

they're eventually corrupted (or seduced, as the case may be) into becoming closet men-

aces to society -- sort of like being turned evil by prolonged exposure to the Dark Side of

the Force.

Which, of course, makes them all the more entertaining to the rest of us (:eg:) -- and that's

not counting the occasional spontaneous manifestation of a Smut Field (of which there

seems to be a pronounced dearth lately)...

Major Tom 2009 :sneaky:

The McGinty Factor more than makes up for any lack of smut field, IMO.

Deathwatch, Episode 2

On the warworld Magna Ganf, the Deathwatch team are trying to recover all evidence of Emperor's Ghosts Space Marine presence on the planet - difficult, since one of the marines survived the crash, came back to set up a radio beacon, then left again.

Techmarine Tawhaki
: At least we assume it was him. If somebody else has been interfering with Astartes technology, we will want a word with them. And that word will be 'bolter-round'.

Battlebrothers Gunhildr, Hippocrates, and the NPCs are left at the crash site, to guard the pile and teleport out if any Orks show up before we get back. Squad Leader MacIan is fine with leaving the Iron Hands Gunhildr behind.

: I don't know if any of you guys have noticed, but he's bit of an arsehole.

: We'll simply ask if they've seen someone eight feet tall.

Techmarine Tawhaki
: Ah, well clearly he's disguised himself by cutting off his own legs.

Apothecary Corbis
: Brother...

: It's Brother Gilroy

Apothecary Corbis
:I said Brother

: You're so stiff

Techmarine Tawhaki
: I can fix that *gets out the oil*

Trying to find the missing Emperor's Ghost marine will be easier if he's used chapter-sign to mark landmarks

Techmarine Tawhaki
:
The Emperor's Ghosts woz 'ere
in bright fluoro orange across the fortifications

Apothecary Corbis
: The ghost who walks

Techmarine Tawhaki
: So we should be looking for people with a skull mark punched into their jaw?

Word is relayed to us of an Imperial unit pinned down by fire some miles to the north - we're inclined to ignore it, given the orders to keep knowledge of our presence to a minimum, but they are under the flightpath of the crashed pod, so may have seen something. Unfortunately, it turns out that both attackers and defenders are human, which makes identifying who we're supposed to kill, or at least, question first, then kill to maintain mission secrecy, difficult.

Techmarine Tawhaki
: I think we failed to requisition binoculars because we knew, with MacIan in charge, that whatever we ran into out here, we'd be in close combat thirty seconds later.

Telemachus scouts ahead to check which side are the Gaurdsmen, and which the bandits.

Techmarine Tawhaki
: Good idea - Charlie Foxtrot is not our friend

Telemachus strolls unnoticed through the battering, and scares the hell out of the Gaurdsmen - part of an Iocanthos scout regiment, who confirm that they did see a wounded marine, set up the beacon as per his instructions, and then had the bulk of their unit, all the officers, and the marine rounded up by the Calixis Commisariat, the Sector Governor's private military police force, and a group despised and feared even more than the usual Commissars.

Techmarine Tawhaki
: They're recruiting from Iocanthos now?!

Tac-marine Telemachus
: Why wouldn't they - it has a population of five billion and they've been killing each other since the age of three. They'll make great infantry.

:
*strokes his motorbike*
Sing for me, Baby. VROOM, VROOM

Techmarine Tawhaki
: Look at it this way, Brother Telemachus - he makes
your
attempts at stealth more successful

Assault Marine Gilroy MacIan of the Storm Warden Chapter makes his attack run on the bandits - driving his motorbike with one hand and swinging a claymore with the other, laughing with joy, and playing bagpipe music at 240 decibels.

Techmarine Tawhaki
: You know, it's just occurred to me that 'MacIan' and 'Maniac' are almost the same word.

Tac-marine Telemachus
: You only realised this
now
?

Tac-marine Telemachus
: That music is a bit much - I'm pretty sure it's listed under 'cruel and unusual punishment'

Techmarine Tawhaki
: MacIan may be more enthusiastic about the slaughter, but I'm more methodical. She loves me, she loves me not. She loves me, she loves me not. She loves me!

Tac-marine Telemachus
: My apologies, Brother MacIan - I neglected to inform you that I had already located our missing brother, and that there was no need to take prisoners. Please, finish this traitor with my pistol.

The traitors are local Planetary Defence, turned rogue due to the abuse they've suffered at the hands of their supposed allies, the Iocanthos regiment included. Rather than be handed over to the authorities, he attempts to enrage us enough to kill him on the spot. This doesn't work, but certainly raises our choler.

Techmarine Tawhaki
: You don't deserve an Astartes bullet. We will not soil our armour with your blood. Instead, I think, we should leave you in the company of the Iocanthos regiment. I'm sure you'll have a lot to talk about.

Techmarine Tawhaki
: And as we leave we can hear the screams - even over the roar of the engines.

Tac-marine Telemachus
: They fought well. I shall recommend to my chapter that we descend on Iocanthos and invoke our Right of Decimatory Recruitment.

Off to the country hotel long since commandeered by the Calixis Commissariat. They order us to halt and identify ourselves.

: Throw up gang signs, brothers. *
all pose

: We're looking for a Space Marine.

Techmarine Tawhaki
: About this tall.

Apothecary Corbis
: And this wide.

Tac-marine Telemachus
: Remember, we must park close enough together that when the comic relief shows up, he can knock all the bikes over in one go.

: I'm going to requisition a top hat! If I can't wear a helmet then I'll be the Dapper Marine.

They're a bit alarmed to see us. This might be because they have a badly wounded space marine captive, and have been torturing him because he refuses to identify himself ( the Emperor's Ghosts were chosen for the original mission because of the need for total secrecy, after all ).

Tac-marine Telemachus
: If your commander isn't out here in sixty seconds I'm going to go looking by myself.

Apothecary Corbis
: 60...59...

Chalice Commissar
: I refuse to release the prisoner unless you have proper Inquisitorial identification!

All
: *gaze at him with some astonishment that a mere human can be so suicidal, and simultaneously point to the Deathwatch insignia occupying our left pauldrons.

I suspect the only reason that none of us swatted his head off his shoulders was because of a clinical interest in how far this text-book case of delusions of grandeur would go. As it was, it was Telemachus who reached his limit first.

Tac-marine Telemachus
:
*seizes Commissar by throat and yanks him up to face level*
We are the Emperor's Angels of Death! We are DEATHWATCH! We serve the will of the High Lords of Terra! You are obstructing that will! DO! YOU! UNSTANDSTAND?!

Wounded battle-brother patched up, we call in for evac, and recommend that the surviving Iocanthos troops be requisitioned into Deathwatch control. After all, they've proved much more trustworthy than the Calixis Commissariat.

Techmarine Tawhaki
: Yay, who wants a scout as a minion?

Tac-marine Telemachus
: Chianti and human flesh? Really?

: I'm sure the Codex Astartes has directions for what wine goes best with Long Pig, but...

Techmarine Tawhaki
: It's in one of the appendices.

And back off to the Watchstation, confident in the knowledge that that commissar, and probably the entire base, are going to be wiped out by the local High Command for so embarrassing them before the Space Marines...

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war...and the latest manifestation of the

Eternal Bloodthirsty Lunatic.

Assault Marine Gilroy MacIan is clearly the reincarnation of McGinty...who else would take

such obvious pleasure in spreading gratuitous destruction and mayhem in his wake?

I could've said "chaos" instead of "mayhem", but knowing those Nosey Parkers of the Inquisition,

they'd jump at any opportunity to grill, spindle, or otherwise mistreat an Astartes just on the

possibility that he's a servant of the Ruinous Powers (:shock:).

Major Tom 2009 :eg:

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war...and the latest manifestation of the

Eternal Bloodthirsty Lunatic.

Assault Marine Gilroy MacIan is clearly the reincarnation of McGinty...who else would take

such obvious pleasure in spreading gratuitous destruction and mayhem in his wake?

I could've said "chaos" instead of "mayhem", but knowing those Nosey Parkers of the Inquisition,

they'd jump at any opportunity to grill, spindle, or otherwise mistreat an Astartes just on the

possibility that he's a servant of the Ruinous Powers (:shock:).

Actually, Gilroy is played by Rondale/Frontbottom/Jak Frost/Rosenkrantz's player. Gilroy is supposedly of the Storm Warden chapter, but there is suspicion that somebody slipped some Space Wolf geneseed into his batch.

Actually' date=' Gilroy is played by Rondale/Frontbottom/Jak Frost/Rosenkrantz's player. Gilroy is supposedly of the Storm Warden chapter, but there is suspicion that somebody slipped some Space Wolf geneseed into his batch.[/quote']

Which are you?

Did we get the quotes from Episode 1 of that Deathwatch game? I don't recall mention of a Emperor's Ghost Space Marine before' date=' you see.[/quote']

I'm pretty sure I posted them, but it wasn't that recently. Apothecary Corbis was of the same chapter, and man, was he pissed at the Chalice Commissars.

I'm playing Tawhaki, myself

Theren the Archer, Elven Ranger

Goguin the Faithful, Dwarven Cleric

Samm the Compensating, Human Fighter

Darrek the Redundant, Dwarf Fighter

Lucius the Pyro/Cyromaniac, Tiefling Elementalist

Damacus the flighty, Tiefling Warlord

Attempting to contact a Drow Priestess/Duchess, we encounter her bodyguards...

Damacus: If we kill enough of them, maybe she'll be impressed and grant us an audiance.

Samm: If we kill all of them but her, she'll have to give us an audiance.

Lucius overdoes the fireballs...

Samm: You hit me with your fireball!

Lucius: But all your wounds are cauterized now.

Samm: I was uninjured.

Lucius: I'm pro-active.

Damacus the warlord has a plan

Damacus: I'm a warlord, a tactical genius.

Therin: So, what's the plan.

Damacus: Get 'em!

Actually' date=' Gilroy is played by Rondale/Frontbottom/Jak Frost/Rosenkrantz's player. Gilroy is supposedly of the Storm Warden chapter, but there is suspicion that somebody slipped some Space Wolf geneseed into his batch.[/quote']

It may not be the same player who did the character of McGinty, but the character that he's

currently playing seems to have a considerable amount of McGinty's spiritual geneseed in his

makeup.

It may not be the same player who did the character of McGinty, but the character that he's

currently playing seems to have a considerable amount of McGinty's spiritual geneseed in his

makeup.

Which kind of brings us back to this speculation - http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/3059-Quote-of-the-Week-from-my-gaming-group?p=2259422#post2259422

Samm the Compensating, Human Fighter

Damacus the flighty, Tiefling Warlord

We continue to explore the underdark in search of a Drow Priestess.

Theren: Giant metal snake!

Samm and Darrak: Roto-Rooter!

We find the priestess, and she isn't friendly. Samm and Damacus are slain!

Theren: Samm was a good man.

Lucius: No, Samm was unaligned.

Damacus's player, as he and Samm's player create new characters: Crunch all you want, we'll roll up more!

Samm's player creates Terius, a Minotaur Fighter

Damacus's player creates Varus, a Half-Elf Ardent.

With two of the party dead, the survivors retreat, informing the Drow general that yes, the Drow Priestess is alive and no, she doesn't want to talk to you.

On thier way to the surface, the party encounters a group of vampires trying to sacrifice a minotaur to Orcus. They move to his aid, resulting in the Minotaur breaking free and attacking the Vampire Lord...

Theren: The vampire's been steaked!

Goguin: A stake through the heart kills vampires.

Terius: A stake through the heart kills everybody, silly.

Goguin: Don't have a cow.

Terius: Don't start.

Lucius: Minotaur, the other steak meat.

After killing or driving off the vampires, the party introduces themselves. Theren offers food...

Theren: Here, have an apple.

Terius: No thank you, I wouldn't be caught dead with an apple in my mouth.

Goguin: What do you want to eat, then?

Terius: I prefer Greek maidens.

Lucius: A-maze-ing.

So, the new party is...

Terius the punned upon, Minotaur Fighter (moo!)

Varus the stretched, Half-Elf Ardent

Today, in the Champions Online Chat, Desert Zone:

"Ow.... Grond hits hard...."

And in other breaking news... Dr. Destroyer is slightly dangerous, and FoxBat is a bit of a loon. All this, plus sports and weather, live at 11.

And in other breaking news... Dr. Destroyer is slightly dangerous' date=' and FoxBat is a bit of a loon. All this, plus sports and weather, live at 11.[/quote']

Also, water is wet and fire is hot.

As it turned out, our Deathwatch GM was too tired to show, so I was forced to come out with a Rogue Trader session instead. Which we taped, so will hopefully be out as a podcast once I've got the file, edited it, etc.

That said, we managed to work quite a few MLP jokes into the plot, which the Rose Tattoo celebrating a phenomenally profitable voyage by blowing the combined GNP of several large nations on a party. Naturally, a certain caterer on the Rose Tattoo got a few cameos

Seneschal Jaranthine : Pinkemina is very popular with the crew

GM: She's an exceptional caterer, for one thing.

Seneschal Jaranthine : She does amazing things with corpse starch

GM : ....Cupcakes?

Seneschal Jaranthine : :shock::cry::angst:

Some random lines from my D&D 4th Edition game, accumulated over the past several months.

Cleric: Why am I unharmed? (after the encounter is over)

GM: I can fix that.

Cleric: Pretend you're dead and get behind me. (addressing the party's wizard)

Wizard: I think the cleric just developed a case of Tourettes.

Wizard: I don't need your pity healing!

OOC: It's an orgy of leveling!

OOC: Magebook. It's the fantasy version of Facebook, using scrying instruments like crystal balls and mirrors.

GM: That would give a new meaning to friending someone.

OOC: Thunderwench, Ho!

GM: Revenge of the crit!

I'm pretty sure I posted them, but it wasn't that recently. Apothecary Corbis was of the same chapter, and man, was he pissed at the Chalice Commissars.

I'm playing Tawhaki, myself

I play Brother Telemachus. I also play Aldous Quinn and Seneschal Jaranthine Hammerin. Formerly, I played Juliano Givetti (a.k.a. the Amazing Julius. As in "It's amazing he lasted as long as he did with only the default in Dodge.") and Arch-Militant Malakai Tubreau.

4th edition continues

And introducing

Whisper the Loud, Half-Elf Paladin

We encounter a small group of ghouls

Darrak: They look like they're searching.

Varrus: Ghoul's doing reconaisance.

Terios: Ghoul Scouts.

Theren: Do they sell Ghoul Scout cookies?

Whisper: Are the cookies made from Real Ghoul Scouts?

Darrak: Just buy the damned cookies.

Lucius: Or buy the cookies and be damned.

Theren: In hockey, the Ghoulie guards a net.

Goguin: A Net Funnicello.

Terios: Every guy is looking for that special ghoul...

GM: Roll for initiative.

Terios: Come on, it wasn't that bad.

The ghouls have a gaze attack, leading to...

Whisper: Stop staring at me!

Terios: You dress like that, it's no wonder the ghouls stare.

4th edition continues

And introducing

Whisper the Loud, Half-Elf Paladin

We encounter a small group of ghouls

Darrak: They look like they're searching.

Varrus: Ghoul's doing reconaisance.

Terios: Ghoul Scouts.

Theren: Do they sell Ghoul Scout cookies?

Whisper: Are the cookies made from Real Ghoul Scouts?

Darrak: Just buy the damned cookies.

Lucius: Or buy the cookies and be damned.

Theren: In hockey, the Ghoulie guards a net.

Goguin: A Net Funnicello.

Terios: Every guy is looking for that special ghoul...

GM: Roll for initiative.

Terios: Come on, it wasn't that bad.

The ghouls have a gaze attack, leading to...

Whisper: Stop staring at me!

Terios: You dress like that, it's no wonder the ghouls stare.

The best justification for "Rocks Fall, Everybody Dies...", that I have ever read. ;)