Could your Champions character beat...

Trebuchet

Re: Could your Champions character beat...

Cougar (Hman Animal Hybrid) - would get his head handed to him and hope to learn from it.

Vanirsson (Mystic and Mystic Metamorph) - would vanish from sight, not move and then caste a "Web of Shelob" entrapping the good Captain again and again, and a few more times just to me sure. His Elemental Forms could engulf him, but it would almost be impossible to catch him.

Crusader II (Cloned Super Soldier) - would go down so fast and wonder later why he was fighting that guy anyway.

Sunburst (Brick, Energy Blaster, & Flyer) - would stay out of range and continually hit the area where Cap was with Blinding Flashes and Nova Bursts.

RogueTrooper (Former UNTIL Agent Commander) - would download all tactical files on Cap inclueding tactical analysis of his fighting techniques and counter everything Cap had to throw at him, but would lose in the end.

Guardian II (Mutliform; B, EB, F, Mentalist, Energy Manipulator, & Reserve Mountie) - would politely ask the Captain to surrender and come with him to see the authorities. When that did not work he would summon RCMP Superhuman back up and try to detain the suspect... try anyway.

Cheers

QM

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shadow - The teenaged apprentice of one of her world's golden age supers is built on a third of the points of her opponent. Cap would pin her down without trying and try to contact her parents/legal guardians.

Umbrella Lad/Hiro Phelps - The wildcard-mercenary-turned-hero-for-hire, who wields an indestructible umbrella with his powerful martial arts skills. Come to think of it, he and Cap are almost identical in all but attitude, though your writeup edges Hiro out slightly in almost all categories. It would be close, though.

Marvel Girl - No, not the X-Man. That trademark is still being litigated. The strongest mortal on Earth, she'd win by default because, being fairly invulnerable to all physical force, Cap has no hope of harming her directly. Unless he can figure out some way of tricking her into propelling herself into LEO, he's going to get himself knocked out trying to save bystanders from a building she accidentally collapses.

Raideen - The greatest champion of the lost civilization of Mu (no, not Atlantis, the other one), with command over the immense psychic energy beamed to him across space and time and focused through his third eye chakra. He'd fly in at supersonic speed and bombard the countryside Cap is in with his psychic shout until Cap is reduced to sandwich spread.

Obsidian: Singularity powered being constructed of mutable alien metal, built on 500 more points than Cap and not that much of a contest. Cap could delay him for a while using the shield and dodging about, but he can't hurt Obsidian and his find weakness is at -10, so not much chance of that. Obsidian eventually makes the shield too heavy to use or resorts to AE gravity attacks... or just increases his density to the point where even the shield can't really protect Cap.

Jack Hudson: Sitting at around 550 points this is a fairer fight. He's slightly better all round than Cap sans shield, with the shield Cap has a clear edge. Jack would have to get creative and probably get rid of the shield to have a chance. The fact that it's an OIF makes things tough, but if an opportunity arose he'd take it. If Cap loses the shield he probably gets beat. I'd give Jack about a 20% chance against Cap.

Payback: Mutant who absorbs kinetic energy to make himself stronger and faster. Slightly less powerful than Jack Hudson and probably doesn't have the means to split Cap from his shield, thus he gets pasted despite his strength being quickly increased to well past Caps. I'd give him 2% chance.

Spiderman: More based on the 2099 version, he's got the edge in terms of raw stats on Cap, but again comes down to the Shield. Webbing could certainly prevent Cap using his shield if he can hit with them. This fight probably goes on for some time as both are maneuverable, hard to hit/hurt (respectively) and don't tire easily. I probably rate this as close to 50/50 as it gets and if you pushed me for a winner I'd go with Spidey.

Marksman: Dark-champs guy built on 400 points. Unless he's a couple of klicks away with his trademark rifle I've gotta give this one to Cap.

The Executioner: Think Dark-champs Hulk with Axes, strong, tough and great in a fight. Cap would thrash him all day long.

National Anthem (my Cap version, carried a Battle Staff) would go all defensive and keep Cap busy, while The Mighty Meson Man® would shrink to 6", circle the fight, and slowly leech the mesons (3d Ranged END Drain) out of Cap.

One on one - Cap won't break a sweat.

Gads, I miss the days I actually got to PLAY/GM Chamions.

I marginally prefer Agent X's writeup. It makes no difference. Either version would wipe the floor with any of my characters.

Doctor One (quarter-brick) - Doctor One would be a walkover for Bucky Barnes, let alone Captain America.

Orgone Man (semi-egoist) - by special effect, his EGO Blast, the only attack that could get past Captain America's shield, should fail, because Captain America is too healthy, psychologically. Besides, Captain America is overwhelmingly superior in general. If Orgone Man is fighting it's for a good reason, so if he can't get any result at range, he won't quit, he'll try his fists. An immediate knockout victory for Captain America is the only possible result.

Last Hero (brick) - a walkover. Captain America is far too powerful in every way. With 40" of non-combat leaping, it might seem Last Hero would have a chance to flee, but since Last Hero irrationally (and frequently) seeks exactly the sort of "honourable combat" a one-on-one with Captain America represents, he'd swing, miss and very soon be knocked out. Or just be stunned and knocked out, since Captain America is so much faster.

Gladiatrix (brick) - a walkover. Captain America is too powerful across the board. Gladiatrix has no ability to flee this fight, and like Last Hero she would never try to. That's a casual knockout for Captain America.

Chain Lightning (energy projector and martial artist) - a walkover. Captain America is far too powerful. Chain Lightning would try out his lightning attack - would it go through the shield? No. (He'd be wildly lucky to hit in the first place, and find this out.) Then (if still conscious) he'd try his chain-and-martial-arts. That's an immediate knockout for Captain America.

Tinker (gadgeteer) - a walkover. Captain America is far too powerful. Tinker had trouble with thugs with revolvers. (Mostly because of moral restraints, but partly because he was much better with energy and electricity than with kinetic attacks - which of course Captain America deals out in spades.)

Fearless (martial artist) - a walkover. Captain America is far too powerful in every way. Fearless would try to extend the fight (though even if that worked it would only result in Captain America making more Find Weakness rolls on him and eventually doing more BODY to him. Fearless' first action would be an attempt to dodge or block. It would probably be his last action of the fight. Ka-powie! Captain America wins.

Thunder (brick) - a walkover. Captain America is far too powerful in every way. If allowed to attempt an attack, Thunder tries a punch, misses as she was wont to do against every sort of foe, and very soon gets knocked out by Captain America.

Boomer (brick) - a walkover. Captain America is far too powerful in every way. The fight would be the same as with Thunder.

Heat (energy projector) - a walkover. Captain America is far too powerful in all sorts of ways. With his high perception, Captain America should nail Heat even before he uncloaks to fight. If not, it doesn't matter: as far as an energy projector on Heat's level is concerned, Captain America is invulnerable, unstoppable, infallible, invincible.

Scarlet Scorpion (martial punching bag) - a walkover. Captain America is far too powerful. Then again, Scarlet Scorpion never met an opponent who wasn't too powerful for him. This is the sort of mismatch that makes me think martial artists should have a "casual superiority" to match the "casual strength" of bricks.

I play plain vanilla, non-optimised athletic bricks, for preference, a few martial artists, and fewer energy projectors, egoists and variable power pool users (gadgeteer/other). All these break like a cheap watch stepped on by an elephant against Captain America - because they are the same kind of thing that he is, only he is gigantically superior in all relevant respects, even before you add Captain America's shield, his find weakness, his mega-leadership and his skills.

I don't think all of my characters together could slow down Captain America, not that they could all work together in the first place. It's like putting the most athletic kids in the kindergarten in the ring with the world heavyweight boxing champion. Adding a few more of them makes no difference.

I console myself by remembering that even Captain America would have to acknowledge the superiority of ... Tank Boy!

A friend I discussed the Captain America challenge with reminded me of two other heroes I briefly played.

Mister Wonderful - (flying brick) - If Mister Wonderful lands, he loses, but I think he'd be wise enough to stay high in the sky out of reach. Mister Wonderful had a life overflowing with tragedy. He was, necessarily, cautious, cold-blooded, even sad. He was not a foolish optimist.

The Sentry (energy projector with some running) - a walkover. Captain America is far too powerful in every way. (The Sentry died taking on a typical killer superhero with the usual gun multipower - the kind of character Captain America eats for breakfast.) The Sentry would run, but not be fast enough, and fire, but be unable to affect Captain America with a perfectly straightforward mid-to-low power Energy Blast, his only real attack.

Captain America rules.

Except against - Tank Boy!

I don't think any PC I've made so far could take him on, unless it was with teamwork.

Tho, Ghost Sniper would keep punching Quantum Bullets through (no magical defenses on the Cap) until he went down. Keannu Reeves would go full martial arts-using the "Hmm, Upgrades" skill to get his DEX higher as to strike first, set up combo attacks, and keep pounding. Either that, or get to range, deflect the shield, and rely upon lots and lots and lots of guns.

The Hammer isn't anywhere near there yet-give him some more experience, possibly. Esp. if the Captian tries to use his shield as a defense, he's working on an NND that makes such tactics...poorly chosen (NND, defense is not having hard or metal armor).

Taking on Captain America should either be a defining experience or a desperate affair, and these stats prove it.

Microman II: Would kick Cap's ass. There's not a damn thing he can do against a someone that small and mobile.

Diomedes: Gets his ass kicked. As one would expect, when a 350 point martial artist takes on a 750 point martial artist.

Dr Franklin Century: Depends on his configuration of gadgets, but even in a worst case scenario, he should be able to evade long enough to kitbash some ubertech tricks that leave Cap helpless.

Millinnum would never fight Cap. He would use levitation and martial dodge to stay out of Cap's reach, while pushing his telepathy to get answers to the questions:

• Is this the real Captain America?
  • Is he under mind control?
  • Why is he attacking?
  • How do I stop the fight before someone gets hurt?

He would have to figuere this out quickly. If the fight goes long enough, Cap will out maneuver Millennium and win.

Hmm...interesting challenge.

Kei-ULTRA would be more likely to ask for an autograph than to fight Cap. With a 105 pt gadget pool, her only chance would be to prepare specifically for the fight. Then she might have a pretty good chance.

Lariat has 36" leap' date=' so a single noncombat Leap will get her 72" away. At that range, even Cap will find it impossible to hit her. Even if he hit, he's extremely unlikely to do enough damage to make any sort of difference.[/quote']

The question is, is it a cap or a lariat comic?

If it's a cap comic, then cap will use the environment to minimize lariat's speed advantage, and lariat will probably go down. Cap is supposed to be expert at using the environment to his advantage.

If it's a lariat comic, then cap will play dumb, and lariat will use her superior mobility to keep the range open and the cars inbound until cap succumbs.

Since you're the one posting, feel free to assume it's a lariat comic. ;)

Glaive: a 250 point martial artist versus a 750 point martial artist? I don't think so. Not unless I really cheesed out her summons.

BeastWarden: 250-pt. shaman/multiform. He can actually take a few hits from Cap as he's quite resistant to physical damage in his polar bear form. However, he's simply too slow to be very effective striking back; he's better at soaking damage than dishing it. After a half-turn or so of abuse he'd switch to seahawk form and scoot out of there, fly up on top of a building or something, and recover. He might be able to do something in non-combat time in his base form, however.

Soulbarb: 250-pt. light brick. She doesn't move quickly enough as it stands to be able to pull a lariat and stay at range lobbing cars. She also would need more STR; she can throw a car, but not all that far. With a few more XP, it's possible she could be a contender, but not as it stands.

Aviary: 250 or 350-pt. Sonic blaster and shrinking flier with several unusual attacks. The 350-pt. version could potentially pull out a win; she can break DCV 18 without even trying and has attacks which will lower Cap's OCV and DEX. Cap doesn't have the right answer to a really high DCV opponent, and he would be hard-pressed to deflect her sonic attacks. Depending on the scenario, she might well be able to get a non-combat sneak attack; Cap's got combat sense and defense maneuver, but not danger sense. The 250-pt version was built to very different standards and probably could not go the distance vs. Cap.

So far we have a couple of different takes on Cap's Shield.

I am curious how others think it should be applied vs. a character with some of the 'Brick Tricks' from Ultimate Brick.

Examples:

The Armsweep on pg 50 (AOE 1 Hex on STR, can be Blocked but not Dodged).

The Uppercut Supreme on pg 67 (Indirect on STR, can be Dodged but not Blocked*). *Unless the Block maneuver is purchased with the Hardened advantage.

Depending on the ruling I could see my namesake character (350 points, link in my sig below) having a small chance in a first time encounter vs. Cap by using his version of the Uppercut from UB to bypass Cap's shield. Other tricks are possible like using 65 STR to toss some objects of opportunity at Cap. Major luck would be required though.

HM

The Paladine could eventually take him, but it would take a long time. Cap could hit Paladine all day, but can't damage him. Paladine can't hit Cap, but all it would take is one tap to drop Captain America. Cap's best bet would be to use discression, as Paladine couldn't find a needle in a needlestack.

Bingo the Clowno, Señor Mysterio, Dr. Djinn, and Dr. Damascus would all be toast.

Dr. Anomaly is a gadgeteer and a mage, so the main answer would be "no" because all of his equipment requires Skill Rolls to get started or be used, and 90%+ of the magic items or spells the same.

Assuming he has a chance to prepare (all defenses activated, all gadgets & spells energized & ready) -- the answer's still "no". First, with a Speed 5 maxed and an OCV of 7 maxed, he'd have very little chance of even hitting Cap. He does have one gadget that could one-shot Cap (the Stunweb) but it requires him to be standing right next to the target, an ideal spot to get one-shotted by Cap himself, or (since it's a 1-hex AoE) let Cap Dive for Cover -- and then, since the gizmo is a 1 Charge item, get coldcocked by a thrown shield the next phase.

If Dr. Anomaly knew who he was going to be fighting, and when, he could create something that would probably give him the victory, but it's never good to underestimate Cap, either...

Well..

Since I often run Captain America, I claim that mine whips the self-doubting non-cap that exists in today's comic 100% of the time :)

Beyond that, my other character gets handed his behind unless he can get his wife to help...

Sigh, that sounds so bad :(

I have 3 characters that I primarily play. One is a powered suit character, Force. It would be interesting. If I went all defensive, Cap would have a hard time hurting me. If I tried to shoot Cap and missed, well it wouldn't be pretty.

Here is Force:

Force

Player:

Val** Char*** Cost
15** STR 5
24** DEX 12
28** CON 6
15** BODY 10
18** INT 8
11** EGO 2
20** PRE 10
10** COM 0
33** PD 0
33** ED 0
5** SPD 26
8** REC 4
26** END 0
46** STUN 16
*7"**RUN22"**SWIM03"**LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 101

Cost** Power END
17** Endurance Reserve (150 END, 10 REC) (25 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)*
25** ElectroMagnetic Field: Elemental Control, 74-point powers, all slots: (37 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)*
26** 1) Flight 23", x4 Noncombat, Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (76 Active Points)*
25** 2) Force Field (30 PD/30 ED), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (75 Active Points) (uses END Reserve)* 3
47** Field Projectors: Multipower, 70-point reserve, all slots: (70 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)*
5u** 1) Force Beam: Energy Blast 14d6 (vs. PD) (70 Active Points) (uses END Reserve)* 7
5u** 2) Projected Force Field: Force Wall (14 PD/14 ED) (70 Active Points) (uses END Reserve)* 7
5u** 3) Force Bubble: Entangle 4d6, 10 DEF (70 Active Points) (uses END Reserve)* 7
5u** 4) Tachyon Pulse: Energy Blast 7d6 (vs. ED), No Normal Defense Standard (+1) (70 Active Points) (uses END Reserve) [Notes: Only vs FF]* 7
15** Inertial Dampening Field: +15 CON (30 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), No Figured Characteristics (-1/2)*
20** Servos: +10 DEX (30 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)*
8** High Range Radio Perception (12 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)*
7** Life Support , Self-Contained Breathing (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)*
4** Life Support , Safe in High Radiation, Safe in Intense Cold, Safe in Intense Heat (6 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)*
2** Alpha Wave Dampnening Field: +10 Mental Defense (12 points total) (10 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost 5x END (-2), Costs Endurance Costs END Every Phase (-1/2), Linked to Force Field (-1/2) (uses END Reserve)* 5
Powers Cost: 216

Cost** Skill
3** Inventor 13-*
3** Electronics 13-*
3** Cryptography 13-*
3** Security Systems 13-*
3** Systems Operation 13-*
3** Computer Programming 13-*
3** SS: Physics (INT-based) 13-*
3** SS: Cybernetics (INT-based) 13-*
3** SS: Field Theory (INT-based) 13-*
3** SS: Electrical Engineer (INT-based) 13-*
15** +5 W/Multipower*
20** +2 Overall*
Skills Cost: 65

Cost** Perk
10** Money: Wealthy*
3** Computer Link*
Perks Cost: 13

Total Character Cost: 395

Val** Disadvantages
20** Hunted: Villian 8- (Occasionally), As Powerful, Harshly Punish, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Extensive Non-Combat Influence*
25** Hunted: Organization 8- (Occasionally), More Powerful, Harshly Punish, Extensive Non-Combat Influence, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find*
15** Enraged: Innocent Injured/Hurt (Common), go 8-, recover 11-*
15** Social Limitation: Public Identity Frequently (11-), Major*
10** Reputation: Scientist Frequently (11-)*
20** Psychological Limitation: Code Versus Killing Common, Total*
15** Psychological Limitation: Protects Innocents Common, Strong*
15** Psychological Limitation: Overconfident Common, Strong*
20** Normal Characteristic Maxima*

Disadvantage Points: 155

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 40

Total Experience Available: 40

Experience Unspent: 0

I think my combat monster brick, Colussus could take him:

Colussus

Player:

Val** Char*** Cost
55/80** STR 45
20** DEX 30
43** CON 66
20** BODY 20
13** INT 3
14** EGO 8
20** PRE 10
10** COM 0
10/40** PD -1
10/40** ED 1
6** SPD 30
20** REC 0
86** END 0
80** STUN 10
*7"**RUN22"**SWIM011"/16"**LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 224

Cost** Power END
15** Gravity Field: Elemental Control, 30-point powers*
15** 1) Flight 15" (30 Active Points)* 3
15** 2) Force Field (10 PD/10 ED), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (30 Active Points)*
16** 3) Density Increase (3200 kg mass, +25 STR, +5 PD/ED, -5" KB), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4) (31 Active Points)* 2
45** Dense Skin: Armor (15 PD/15 ED)*
3** Life Support , Safe in High Pressure, Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum*
15** Gravitic Awareness: Spatial Awareness (22 Active Points); Costs Endurance Costs END Every Phase (-1/2)* 2
17** +17 Mental Defense (20 points total)*
10** Power Defense (10 points)*
Powers Cost: 151

Cost** Martial Arts Maneuver
5** Defensive Strike: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +3 DCV, STR Strike*
4** Fast Strike: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +0 DCV, STR +2d6 Strike*
4** Martial Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort*
5** Sacrifice Strike: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, -2 DCV, STR +4d6 Strike*
5** Passing Strike: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, STR +v/5; FMove*
Martial Arts Cost: 23

Cost** Skill
3** Oratory 13-*
3** KS: Computer OS (INT-based) 12-*
3** PS: Computer Operator (INT-based) 12-*
3** Teamwork 13-*
25** +5 with HTH Combat*
Skills Cost: 37

Cost** Perk
5** Money: Well Off*
Perks Cost: 5

Total Character Cost: 440

Val** Disadvantages
20** Hunted: Villian 11- (Frequently), As Powerful, Harshly Punish, Extensive Non-Combat Influence*
25** Hunted: Anti-Mutant Organization 8- (Occasionally), More Powerful, Harshly Punish, Extensive Non-Combat Influence, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find*
25** Hunted: Aliens 14- (Very Frequently), More Powerful, Watching, Extensive Non-Combat Influence, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find*
20** Psychological Limitation: Protects Innocents Common, Total*
15** Psychological Limitation: Loyal to Team Common, Strong*
10** Psychological Limitation: Overconfident Common, Moderate*
15** Social Limitation: Public Identity Frequently (11-), Major*
15** Distinctive Features: Large Size/Skin Not Concealable, Noticed and Recognizable, Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses*
5** Distinctive Features: Mutant Physiology Concealable, Noticed and Recognizable, Detectable By Uncommonly-Used Senses*
10** Enraged: Innocent Hurt (Common), go 8-, recover 14-*

Disadvantage Points: 160

Experience Required: 80

Total Experience Available: 120

Experience Unspent: 40

I doubt if my martial artist, Black Lotus could take him:

Black Lotus

Player:

Val** Char*** Cost
35** STR 25
38** DEX 84
33** CON 46
15** BODY 10
18** INT 8
20** EGO 20
20** PRE 10
10** COM 0
16** PD 0
16** ED 0
7** SPD 22
14** REC 0
66** END 0
50** STUN 0
*9"**RUN62"**SWIM07"**LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 231

Cost** Power END
18** Armor (9 PD/9 ED) (27 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)*
7** Radio Perception/Transmission (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)*
5** Gliding 12" (12 Active Points); OAF (-1), No Noncombat Movement (-1/4)*
3** Infrared Perception (5 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)*
7** Life Support , Self-Contained Breathing (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)*
3** Life Support , Safe in Intense Cold, Safe in Intense Heat (4 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)*
6** +6 Mental Defense (10 points total)*
5** Healing 1 BODY, Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (20 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 5 Minutes (-1 3/4), Self Only (-1/2), Always On (-1/2)*
Powers Cost: 54

Cost** Martial Arts Maneuver
4** Martial Strike: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, STR +5d6 Strike*
5** Offensive Strike: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, STR +7d6 Strike*
3** Martial Throw: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, STR +3d6 +v/5, Target Falls*
4** Martial Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort*
4** Martial Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort*
5** Passing Strike: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, STR +3d6 +v/5; FMove*
12** +3 HTH Damage Class(es)*
Martial Arts Cost: 37

Cost** Skill
3** Acrobatics 17-*
3** Stealth 17-*
3** Interrogation 13-*
3** Streetwise 13-*
3** Security Systems 13-*
3** Criminology 13-*
3** Shadowing 13-*
3** AK: Japan (INT-based) 13-*
3** KS: Eastern/Martial Philosophy (INT-based) 13-*
3** SS: Botany (INT-based) 13-*
3** Language: Japanese (fluent conversation; literate)*
15** +3 with HTH Combat*
20** +2 Overall*
Skills Cost: 68

Cost** Perk
5** Money: Well Off*
Perks Cost: 5

Total Character Cost: 395

Val** Disadvantages
15** Social Limitation: Secret Identity Frequently (11-), Major*
10** Psychological Limitation: Vigilante Common, Moderate*
10** Psychological Limitation: Overconfident Common, Moderate*
15** Psychological Limitation: Protects Innocents (Common; Strong)*
20** Psychological Limitation: Code Versus Killing Common, Total*
10** Enraged: Innocent Hurt (Common), go 8-, recover 14-*
15** Susceptibility: End Drain 3d6 damage, Instant, Uncommon*
10** Vulnerability: 2x Effect End Drain Uncommon*
10** Hunted: Law Enforcement 11- (Frequently), As Powerful, Watching, Extensive Non-Combat Influence*
25** Hunted: Organization 11-, More Powerful, Harshly Punish, Extensive Non-Combat Influence*
15** Hunted: Villian 11- (Frequently), As Powerful, Harshly Punish*

Disadvantage Points: 155

Experience Required: 40

Total Experience Available: 40

Experience Unspent: 0

I posted the characters to let you all make your own decisions.

Hmm... Interesting.

Traveller - A gadgeteer/power suit, about 350pts.

Depends on the scenario. Traveller could completely control the fight, engaging and disengaging at will (35" flight). And neither of these Caps have any attack that could concievably stun him. So if he took any stun, he could withdraw and recover. But an intelligently played Cap should be likewise untouchable. So call this one a draw. 0-0-1 for Cap

Ergon - An Electro-magnetic Energy Projector, about 400pts.

This would again depend on the exact situation. With desolid, teleport and a number of unusual attacks, Ergon would seem to have an advantage, but he is grossly outclassed in CV and has neither the defense nor the lack of weakness to take a hit from Cap. Ergon's only chance is to simply run away. This one goes to Cap. 1-0-1 for Cap.

Rune - Sentient Mystic Weapon with cosmic VPP, about 500pts.

Rune's standard operating procedure is to rush up to opponents and beat them upside the head with raw mystic force. He's not terribly subtle. Closing to HtH with Cap is obviously a bad idea. And Rune would probably learn the error of his ways before Cap finishes him, he's brick tough. At that point he would fall back and start using the VPP. Once the area effect NNDs or Transforms start flying, Cap will be so much toast. 1-1-1 for Cap.

Longarm - Stretcher, about 350pts.

Not tough enough to stand being hit, not agile enough to avoid being hit, not strong enough to do any real damage, not fast enough to run away, not versatile enough to compensate for the rest. Cap simply outclasses him in every possible way. 2-1-1 for Cap.

The question is, is it a cap or a lariat comic?

If it's a cap comic, then cap will use the environment to minimize lariat's speed advantage, and lariat will probably go down. Cap is supposed to be expert at using the environment to his advantage.

If it's a lariat comic, then cap will play dumb, and lariat will use her superior mobility to keep the range open and the cars inbound until cap succumbs.

Since you're the one posting, feel free to assume it's a lariat comic. ;)

Well, I was using Treb's writeup for Cap and thinking about this in Champions terms. Otherwise I would agree with you. ;)

I was thinking in Champs terms too. The question is, what's the scenario, where is the battle taking place, do people in the game world actually care about collateral or property damage, and how does Cap respond to Lariat's approach of hanging back and tossing cars. If it's an urban setting, Cap can always go indoors to neutralize Lariat's ability to lob cars at him indiscriminately and take a recovery or two himself if he needs to. He can probably find a place fairly easily where Lariat's leaping won't do her much good unless she wants to get into wholesale property destruction and start tearing down buildings. At close range, Cap would seem to have the advantage. If Lariat is not willing to close, we have a stalemate. Cap can't prosecute the attack too effectively since he's slow, but Lariat wouldn't be able to dig him out very easily either.

If it's in an open field with lots of large rocks for Lariat to chuck around, or if Cap plays dumb and just trades shots at range, then Cap would have more difficulty. At least until Lariat runs out of convenient things to throw. :)

I was thinking in Champs terms too. The question is, what's the scenario, where is the battle taking place, do people in the game world actually care about collateral or property damage, and how does Cap respond to Lariat's approach of hanging back and tossing cars. If it's an urban setting, Cap can always go indoors to neutralize Lariat's ability to lob cars at him indiscriminately and take a recovery or two himself if he needs to. He can probably find a place fairly easily where Lariat's leaping won't do her much good unless she wants to get into wholesale property destruction and start tearing down buildings. At close range, Cap would seem to have the advantage. If Lariat is not willing to close, we have a stalemate. Cap can't prosecute the attack too effectively since he's slow, but Lariat wouldn't be able to dig him out very easily either.

If it's in an open field with lots of large rocks for Lariat to chuck around, or if Cap plays dumb and just trades shots at range, then Cap would have more difficulty. At least until Lariat runs out of convenient things to throw. :)

She doesn't even need to throw things. That simply makes things easier. Eventually she'll succeed in rolling a 6 and Grabbing him in which case he's toast.

Why? He doesn't have an OAF focus, he has an OIF focus; he can still use the shield, mechanically speaking. He can dish out enough damage in HTH that Lariat wouldn't be able to guarantee not being stunned. He has nearly double her defense and damage reduction on top of that. I very much doubt that if Lariat closes to melee, she'll last long enough to be able to roll a 6.

Sure, assuming she is or can get outside, Lariat can leap away if she gets hurt. But if Cap chooses to stay indoors where the fight's in his favour, then we're back to stalemate again.