• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

I think that's the Giant's Causeway in Northern Ireland.

We have palisade basalt like that in much of eastern Washington, but having the tops of the prisms exposed like that so you have hexes on the ground doesn't happen much.  Usually you just see the prisms exposed from the side.

1 hour ago, Lord Liaden said:

Eh, a "grotto" is supposed to be a small cave, or an artificial structure resembling one. Fingal's Cave is pretty big. Plus the Scots call it a "cave," and pissing off the Scots is usually a good way to get your ass kicked. ;)

Truly? I suppose the Irish or Welsh would be more keen on "grotto", then. Anyhow...have a grotto!

Johann_Martin_von_Rohden_-_The_Grotto_of

On 5/22/2020 at 9:25 AM, Cygnia said:

EYmgm6aU8AA6t0N?format=jpg&name=largeThis person clearly had way more fun in life than I did. As a person who disapproves of fun, I just want everyone to know that I disapprove of them, and if you disapprove of me disapproving of him, then I disapprove of you. And if that makes you feel bad so that you have less fun today, then that makes me feel good so that I have--

Something's wrong with this train of thought, but I can't quite see it.

Oh, well, guess I'll just make fun of Aquaman and get to work. 

Pretty, but unless the glass is very dirty (or it's merely a projected image) there's a serious problem: you cannot see the background stars through the dark part of the Moon.

(Offered in the same spirit as PARSECS ARE A UNIT OF DISTANCE, DAMMIT.) :rolleyes: