• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

26 minutes ago, slikmar said:

Is that one of the locations from one of the Dark Souls series (I am thinking 3)?

That is Heide's Tower of Flame from Dark Souls 2. I recommend that you check out the official DS2 artbook sometime (assuming you haven't already had that pleasure, anyhow).

That reminded me of an issue of the Avengers comic in which Scarlet Witch commented on the romantic beauty of all the colors in the New York sunset, and Vision informed her that the colors were due to the different refractory qualities of the pollutants in the atmosphere.

Sometimes you should just let the magic be magical. ;)

On 4/2/2022 at 6:59 AM, Bazza said:

This was my favorite one of the Amalgam Comics books  Bruce Wayne: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.

For those who aren’t comic book geeks like me, DC & Marvel once got together and did a month of books where their universes collided and you got books like Super Soldier. Where Steve Rogers was given a Kryptonite based serum and given a shield made from the metal of an alien rocket.  Or Dark Claw, a mix of Batman & Wolverine.

36 minutes ago, Tjack said:

For those who aren’t comic book geeks like me, DC & Marvel once got together and did a month of books where their universes collided and you got books like Super Soldier. Where Steve Rogers was given a Kryptonite based serum and given a shield made from the metal of an alien rocket.  Or Dark Claw, a mix of Batman & Wolverine.

Wasn't Steve Rogers, it was Clark Kent (but Rogers by his background). And it wasn't a kryptonite based serum, it was alien genetic material from a baby which didn't survive its crash landing on Earth. But the shield was indeed carved from the alien metal of the child's ship, and it was the Superman "S".

Super-Soldier-Amalgam-Superman-Captain-A

That was my favorite Amalgam character, both because I thought his origin was really clever, and because it recognized that Superman and Captain America fill the same role in their respective universes, as the paragon of superheroics. (Black Claw OTOH was IMHO just a forced blend of popular "dark" characters with nothing else in common.)