Bennie's Head Swells, Film At 11

GestaltBennie

No, it wasn't a near fatal motorcycle accident, Ken Hite named Villainy Amok as runner-up for best supplement of the year in his "Out of the Box" column at gamingreport.com. In a brazen attempt to expand Mr. Bennie's ego to dangerous levels, Ken said:

"Scott Bennie's Villainy Amok! is actually amazingly good, even for the new (and usually very good) Champions releases. Its rethink of the "story supplement" makes it one of the best such since Jim Pinto's old L5R GM Survival Guide and its Plot Gallery is bloody amazing, and should be required reading for all line developers."

There's also some comments on Hero and the state of the industry in general. You can read the full article here at:

http://www.gamingreport.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=178

Re: Bennie's Head Swells, Film At 11

"Scott Bennie's Villainy Amok! is actually amazingly good' date=' even for the new (and usually very good) Champions releases. Its rethink of the "story supplement" makes it one of the best such since Jim Pinto's old L5R GM Survival Guide and its Plot Gallery is bloody amazing, and should be required reading for all line developers."[/quote']

It true though. Definitely one of the best (and even more importantly, most useful) Champions supplements I've ever purchased. Any time I need to put together an adventure in a hurry I grad that book first.

Congratulations, I used your "Villainy Amok" - "Fire Rules" to kick start my Champions of Vancouver campaign. I know what I want to see from you next thought ;) Champions of the North Updated for 5th Edition Revised. The rest of the book looks good too. If you like that quality garbage and inspiring ideas stuff.

So stop slacking and get cracking already. LOL. I would love to see your version of Red Ensign 2006, as I hope original has been reserved for Golden Age Champions.

QM

P.S.: Kelly says Hi! back, but I lost his number.

Congratulations, I used your "Villainy Amok" - "Fire Rules" to kick start my Champions of Vancouver campaign. I know what I want to see from you next thought ;) Champions of the North Updated for 5th Edition Revised. The rest of the book looks good too. If you like that quality garbage and inspiring ideas stuff.

So stop slacking and get cracking already. LOL. I would love to see your version of Red Ensign 2006, as I hope original has been reserved for Golden Age Champions.

QM

P.S.: Kelly says Hi! back, but I lost his number.

Thanks QM.

If you can, could you give Kelly my email address and ask him to drop him a line? Aside from shooting the breeze, I'd like to have a few words about some of his old characters.

Great. Now I have this weird-*** picture in my head of a Scott Bennie bobble-head doll. ;)

Runner-Up? Bah ... should be the #1 supplement of the year

Since the supplement Ken picked for #1 is a CoC supplement, and Ken's predilection for CoC is well-known, I think that if we adjust for reviewer bias we can claim the #1 spot as a moral victory. ;)

(Though to be fair, I haven't seen the CoC supplement he refers to; it could be really, really cool and well-done for all I know. But why pass up a chance to poke fun at Ken?:))

Congrats, Mr. Bennie!

My wife reminded me last night (after I told her of this honor) that my own copy of Villainy Amok is unsigned -- despite having dinner with you at GenCon last year. Curse my luck! Now when I ask for a signature, you're probably going to charge me for it! ;)

Bill.

VA is excellent.

(As an aside, I actually have Miskatonic University; It's the first CoC supplement I've bought in many, many years. With a couple of projects in the way I haven't had a chance to read it. Now I'm going to have to.)

Congrats, Mr. Bennie!

My wife reminded me last night (after I told her of this honor) that my own copy of Villainy Amok is unsigned -- despite having dinner with you at GenCon last year. Curse my luck! Now when I ask for a signature, you're probably going to charge me for it! ;)

Bill.

Phuuuut!!! *Lound and obnoxious raspberry*

I got mine signed at the Vancouver Gaming Guild's "H.P. Lovecraft" Gaming Convention last year.

QM

Picked up the book this week... it was on the list but all the high praise bumped it up to the top..

I read through the introduction and started in on the first chapter when it occured to me...

I've never once had a Bank Robbery scenario in any HERO game, much less Champions, I've ever played. I feel gipped.

So far - it's an excellent source of ideas and well written. :thumbup: