Jokes

Dust Raven

A businessman is on a flight from LA to NYC, eager to get to a dinner meeting with an important client.

About an hour into the flight the pilot reports over the intercom, "Folks, I wanted to inform you that we've been having a problem with one of our engines since takeoff, and we've decided to shut it down.  However, this airliner has four engines, and can easily fly with only three engines, so we've decided to continue on to our destination.  Unfortunately, we'll be moving slightly slower, so we'll be a half hour late to our destination.  We apologize for the inconvenience."  The businessman is upset, but knows there's nothing he can do, so he sits there and steams.

A while later, the intercom comes back on.  "Ladies and gentlemen, this is your pilot.  We've just lost another engine.  Don't worry, this airliner can stay aloft quite easily on two engines.  We considered rerouting to a nearby airport, but the weather across the Midwest isn't very good right now, so we decided to continue on to New York.  However, this will make us about an hour later than our scheduled arrival.  I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and be assured the airline will help with rescheduling any connecting flights."  The businessman is even more upset, as he realizes he may be late for his dinner meeting.

As the airliner is passing over Pennsylvania, the pilot comes back over the intercom.  "Ladies and gentlemen, I'm sorry to say that we've just lost our third engine.  Most of the airports in the region are completely snowed in except LaGuardia, so we're going to keep heading in.  Don't worry folks, this is one of the best airliners around, it can still land safely with only one engine.  However, we're going to be even later - I can't really give you an exact estimate on exactly when we'll land, but it may be an hour and a half past our scheduled arrival time."  Meanwhile, the angry businessman sends a quick text to a colleague, telling him he'll likely miss the dinner meeting entirely.

As the plane is nearing New Jersey, the intercom goes on again.  "Folks, we just lost our last engine..."  At this, the businessman screams in frustration.  "THAT'S JUST GREAT!  Now we're going to be up here all day!"

Who was purple and conquered the entire then-known civilized world?

Alexander the Grape.

Who is buried in Alexander's tomb?

Alexander the Raisin.

After the barbarians invaded and set everything aflame, what did you have?

Alexander the raisin toast.

If there are a couple of psychotically delusional guys who think they're Alexander the Grape, what do you have?

Alexander the Grape Nuts.

A small boy named Jim lived in a town in the Midwest. None of his classmates liked him because of his stupidity, especially his teacher, who was always yelling at him "You are driving me crazy Jim!!!!!"

One day Jim's mother came into school to check on how he was doing. The teacher told his mother honestly, that her son is simply a disaster, getting very low marks and even she had never seen such a dumb boy in her entire teaching career!!!! The mother was shocked at the feedback and withdrew her son from the school & even moved to another town!!!!!

25 years later, the teacher was diagnosed with an incurable cardiac disease! All the doctors strongly advised her to have an open heart operation, which only one surgeon could perform. Left with no other options, the teacher decided to have the operation, which was successful…

When she opened her eyes after the surgery she saw a handsome doctor smiling down at her! She wanted to thank him, but could not talk. Her face started to turn blue, she raised her hand, trying to tell him something but eventually died!

The doctor was shocked and was trying to work out what went wrong, when he turned around he saw our friend Jim, working as a cleaner in the clinic, who had unplugged the oxygen equipment to connect his vacuum cleaner!!!!!

Don't tell me you thought that Jim became a doctor!

So, a divorced woman puts out a personal ad in the paper:

"WANTED:  a man who won't hit me, or leave me, and somebody who is a good lover."

A few days later, her doorbell rings.  When she answers the door, she sees a man in a wheelchair sitting there, without arms or legs.

"I'm here to answer your ad," he says.

"I think you must be mistaken," she says.  "I don't think you fit the ad."

"Of course I do," he replies.  "I have no arms, so I can't beat you.  And I have no legs, so I can't run away from you."

"But what about the 'good lover' part?" she asks.

"Lady," he says, "how do you think I rang the doorbell?"

• 2 weeks later...
A blonde walks into a bar and orders a beer. The bartender fills the mug and slides it down the bar. It hits the blonde woman's boobs and splashes all over them. The bartender goes over, retrieves the mug and licks the beer off her boobs.

Each time the blonde calls for another beer this happens. So after the third beer, a guy decides to help the bartender out.The next time the bartender hit her boobs, the man jumps up and starts to lick her breasts. She decks him!

He is lying on the floor moaning, "Jeez, lady… Why do you let the bartender do it and not me?"

"Helloooo!" says the blonde. "He has a licker license!"

Annoying (?) puzzles, not jokes. Both of these are the starting members of sequence. The task is to give the next two or three members of the sequence.

Sequence #1: B, C, D, G, ...

Need a hint?

next one is J

Answer:

J, O, P, ... in this font, it's the capital letters that have curves as part of the letter

Sequence #2: B, C, N, O, ...

Need a hint?

next one is F

Answer:

F, Ne, Na, ... it's off the periodic table of elements

I use things like this sometimes in my classes when we start talking about the periodic table , because it gets them thinking about patterns and making predictions.  My personal favorites are:

__  __  __  __  __  __  J  A  S  O  N  __

O  T  T  F  F  S  S  __  __  __

__  __  __  W  T  F  __

__  __  Y  __  B  __  __

• 2 weeks later...

An infinite number of mathematicians walk into a bar.  The first mathematician orders a beer.  The second orders half a beer, the third orders a quarter of a beer, and the fourth orders an eighth of a beer.  Before the fifth mathematician can order, the bartender stops them and pours two beers.  He then says, "Fellas, you should really know your limits."

A physicist, a biologist, and a mathematician were all watching a house on a stakeout.  The house was quiet until a car pulled up, and two people got out of the car and entered the house.

The physicist said, "There are now two people in the house."

Several minutes later, three people came out of the house, got into the car, and left.

The biologist said, "Good heavens, they're reproducing!"

The mathematician said, "Now if we can get one person to come and go into the house, it'll be empty again."

An economist, a mathematician, and a physicist investigate the proposition that all odd integers greater than 1 are prime.

The economist says, "3 is prime. 5 is prime. 7 is prime. The proposition is true."

The mathematician says, "3 is prime. 5 is prime. 7 is prime. 9 is not prime. The proposition is false."

The physicist says, "3 is prime. 5 is prime. 7 is prime. 9 is not prime. But 11 is prime and 13 is prime. Th proposition is true, within experimental error."