Jokes

Dust Raven

Though he's left one out there.

Enterpreneurs kill everything that might remotely be an elephant before regulations are imposed to prevent such behavior, and then fight furiously to keep the outrageous profits they can get by selling the remains of a species they have rendered extinct.

On a related note: Math Theory of Big Game Hunting

A physicist was riding with a friend when the driver made a wrong turn. "Relax," said the physicist. "I'm a trained scientist. All we have to do is analyze the relevant data, and I'll have us back on track."
"Okay," said the driver, "Well, first of all we're going 65 miles per hour."
"Oh no!" cried the physicist. "Now we'll never know where we are!"

Alexander, The Great General, Had An Infinite Number Of Arms

Alexander was a great general. 
Great generals are forewarned. 
Forewarned is forearmed. 
Now, four is an odd number of arms for a general to have. Four is also an even number. 
And the only number that is both odd and even is infinity. Therefore, Alexander, the great general, had an infinite number of arms.

A squirrel is in a pine tree, when all of a sudden, it starts shaking. He looks down, and sees an elephant climbing the tree.

"What are you doing? Why are you climbing my tree?" the squirrel calls down to the elephant.

"I'm coming up there to eat some pears!" the elephant responds.

"You fool! This is a pine tree! There aren't any pears up here!"

The elephant looks perplexed for a moment, and then says, "But I brought my own pears."

A rancher has to leave town for a week and the only person he could find to take care of his cows was his accountant.

When the rancher returned he counted his cows and found he had 200. He asked his accountant: "When I left last week I only had 196 cows, but now I have 200."

The accountant said: "That's because I rounded them up."

• 3 weeks later...
Moses was sitting in the Egyptian ghetto. Things were terrible. Pharaoh wouldn't even speak to him. The rest of the Israelites were mad at him and making the overseers even more irritable than usual, etc. He was about ready to give up.

Suddenly a booming, sonorous voice spoke from above:

"You, Moses, heed me ! I have good news, and bad news."

Moses was staggered. The voice continued:

"You, Moses, will lead the People of Israel from bondage. If Pharaoh refuses to release your bonds, I will smite Egypt with a rain of frogs"

"You, Moses, will lead the People of Israel to the Promised Land. If Pharaoh blocks your way, I will smite Egypt with a plague of Locust."

"You, Moses, will lead the People of Israel to freedom and safety. If Pharaoh's army pursues you, I will part the waters of the Red Sea to open your path to the Promised Land."

Moses was stunned. He stammered, "That's.... that's fantastic. I can't believe it! --- But what's the bad news?"

"You, Moses, must write the Environmental Impact Statement."

Two women were sitting next to each other in a bar. 

After a while, one looks at the other and says, 'I can't help but think, from listening to you, that you're from Ireland.' 

The other woman responds proudly, 'Yes, I sure am!' 

The first one says, 'So am I! And whereabouts in Ireland are ya from?' 

The other woman answers, 'I'm from Dublin, I am.' 

The first one responds, 'So, am I!! And what street did you live on in Dublin?' 

The other woman says, 'A lovely little area. It was in the west end. I lived on Warbury Street in the old central part of town.' 

The first one says, 'Faith, and it's a small world. So did I! So did I! And what school did ya go to?' 

The other woman answers, 'well now, I went to Holy Heart of Mary, of course…' 

The first one gets really excited and says, 'And so did I! Tell me, what year did you graduate?

The other woman answers,'well, now, let's see. I graduated in 1964.' 

The first woman exclaims, 'The Good Lord must be smiling down upon us! I can hardly believe our good luck at winding up in the same pub tonight! Can you believe it? I graduated from Holy Heart of Mary in 1964 me self!' 

About this time, Michael walks into the bar, sits down, and orders a beer. 

Brian, the bartender, walks over to Michael shaking his head and mutters, 'It's going to be a long night tonight.' 

Michael asks, 'Why do you say that, Brian?' 

Brian answers, 'The Murphy twins are drunk again.'