Jokes

Dust Raven

One day a man was driving a little bit too fast when he got pulled over by a state trooper. After the usual license and registration conversation, the trooper said, "I'm at the end of my shift. If you can give me an excuse I've never heard before, I'll let you off with a warning."

The man replied, "Two years ago, my ex ran off with a state trooper. I was afraid you were trying to bring her back."

The state trooper tipped his cap and said, "You have a great evening, sir."

An infinite number of mathematicians walk into a bar

The first mathematician orders a beer 

The second orders half a beer 

"I don't serve half-beers" the bartender replies 

"Excuse me?" Asks mathematician #2 

"What kind of bar serves half-beers?" The bartender remarks. "That's ridiculous."

"Oh c'mon" says mathematician #1 "do you know how hard it is to collect an infinite number of us? Just play along"

"There are very strict laws on how I can serve drinks. I couldn't serve you half a beer even if I wanted to."

"But that's not a problem" mathematician #3 chimes in "at the end of the joke you serve us a whole number of beers. You see, when you take the sum of a continuously halving function-"

"I know how limits work" interjects the bartender 

"Oh, alright then. I didn't want to assume a bartender would be familiar with such advanced mathematics"

"Are you kidding me?" The bartender replies, "you learn limits in like, 9th grade! What kind of mathematician thinks limits are advanced mathematics?" 

"HE'S ON TO US" mathematician #1 screeches 

Simultaneously, every mathematician opens their mouth and out pours a cloud of multicolored mosquitoes. Each mathematician is bellowing insects of a different shade.  The mosquitoes form into a singular, polychromatic swarm. "FOOLS" it booms in unison, "I WILL INFECT EVERY BEING ON THIS PATHETIC PLANET WITH MALARIA"

The bartender stands fearless against the technicolor hoard. "But wait" he inturrupts, thinking fast, "if you do that, politicians will use the catastrophe as an excuse to implement free healthcare. Think of how much that will hurt the taxpayers!" 

The mosquitoes fall silent for a brief moment. "My God, you're right. We didn't think about the economy! Very well, we will not attack this dimension. FOR THE TAXPAYERS!" and with that, they vanish. 

A nearby barfly stumbles over to the bartender. "How did you know that that would work?" 

"It's simple really" the bartender says. "I saw that the vectors formed a gradient, and therefore must be conservative."

At a Diplomats' dinner, a waiter tripped and shattered the beautiful plate in which he was carrying a large turkey.

Hushed silence turned into a roar of  laughter, when the quick-witted Diplomat  announced:

"Gentlemen ! You have just witnessed 4 major international events happening :

Fall of Turkey

Breakup of China

Spillage of Greece and

Frustration of Hungary !

The bartender asks the guy sitting at the bar, "What'll you have?" The guy answers, "A scotch, please." The bartender hands him the drink, and says "That'll be five dollars," to which the guy replies, "What are you talking about? I don't owe you anything for this."

A lawyer, sitting nearby and overhearing the conversation, then says to the bartender, "You know, he's got you there. In the original offer, which constitutes a binding contract upon acceptance, there was no stipulation of remuneration."

The bartender was not impressed, but says to the guy, "Okay, you beat me for a drink. But don't ever let me catch you in here again."

The next day, same guy walks into the bar. Bartender says, "What the heck are you doing in here? I can't believe you've got the audacity to come back!"

The guy says, "What are you talking about? I've never been in this place in my life!" The bartender replies, "I'm very sorry, but this is uncanny. You must have a double."

To which the guy replies, "Thank you. Make it a scotch."

I was in a job interview today when the manager handed me his laptop and said, "I want you to try to sell this to me."

So, I put it under my arm, walked out of the building, and went home.

Eventually, he called my mobile and said, "Bring it back here right now!"

I said "$200, and it's yours."

When the pandemic started, I began recording my classes so that students who couldn't be there in person could watch them later.  This proved popular enough that I still record my lectures, even though most of the students are present in class.

Things do not always go smoothly though.  There were invariably technical difficulties, particularly with the microphone.  So the other day I started the class by saying "I need to make sure the microphone is working.  So if you can hear me, and your name is Michael, please stand up." 

Both my students named Michael complied, which allowed me to continue.  "Thank you for helping me out.  That concludes our mike check."

This may come back to bite me during the student evaluations...