Order of the Stick

Rapier

Re: Order of the Stick

It's rulesy, so be prepared. Expect to spend the first game going 'huh? What do I do here?" Refer to the 'quick-start' rules a lot (wherein Belkar makes a joke about the quick-start rules being 16 pages long). Have friends who like to backstab. XD

It's fun! Can definitely see the Talisman influence.

We didn't finish - we played the short game with only three levels. There are a number of things the game suffers from -

1) Incentive to attack other players. This seems to be necessary for the game, but the rewards are fairly minor. Haley spent all her time collecting treasures I'd left behind as Vaarsuvious (fireballing things at a distance is great, but you don't get the treasure - I didn't have my raven by then either). And as you only get 1 treasure from winning an attack, there was very little way of getting enough off her to prevent her winning (we were the only players on that level of the dungeon).

2) Incentive to go down the levels. There is no real reason to explore beyond the 1st level. We just stayed there and got powerful. Plus - it's easy to get support.

well' date=' there are high level spells that can bring you back without need for the body at all. all is good, if they can just get their acts together (literally and figuratively)[/quote']

Yeah, Roy didn't seem put out by the condition his body was in, and still seems to think that Durkon could bring him back.

"Hey' date=' it's not MY fault I don't know what you humans can do! You don't even HAVE an entry in the Monster Manual anymore!"[/quote']

??

Now, why IS that?

They were easily the most flexible, potentially powerful, and above all most interesting monster in the game.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary is straining its brains speculating on what comes next.