Order of the Stick

Rapier

Re: Order of the Stick

Well' date=' poisonous in much the same was that Ethanol is poisonous. :)[/quote']

Well, a bit more so. It's really, really hard to have enough ethanol to kill you; it takes some serious drinking of spirits, and even then, you ahve to be a hardened drinker before you'll be conscious enough to finish it off. With chocolate, it varies by type, but if a dog ate a whole block of dark chocolate, it'd probably be in trouble. And as the article points out, they develop a taste for it, so go hunting more. It's not extremely poisonous, but too much WILL kill, so it's best to not leave any out, or sneak them chocolate snacks (or even chocolate-tasting stuff), even if only for the discipline.

But while chocolate isn't really good for dogs or any number of other animals' date=' it isn't like it is poisonous. I've known any number of dogs that have gotten ahold of some chocolate and eaten it, and none of them have ever had any problems from it.[/quote']

"She knows that chocolate is poisonous to dogs, but not that humans don't shoot lightning?"

Well' date=' a bit more so. It's really, really hard to have enough ethanol to kill you; it takes some serious drinking of spirits, and even then, you ahve to be a hardened drinker before you'll be conscious enough to finish it off. With chocolate, it varies by type, but if a dog ate a whole block of dark chocolate, it'd probably be in trouble. .[/quote']

Serves them right for poisoning innocent antarctic explorers!

With chocolate' date=' it varies by type, but if a dog ate a whole block of dark chocolate, it'd probably be in trouble.[/quote'] I would think most humans would also be in trouble (and I don't mean from parents) if one ate a whole block of dark chocolate also, heheh.

I would think most humans would also be in trouble (and I don't mean from parents) if one ate a whole block of dark chocolate also' date=' heheh.[/quote']

I read once that humans need five times more chocolate per pound of body weight than dogs do to kill them. I ran some numbers once, and seem to remember coming up with 5 lbs of chocolate to kill a 150lb person.

I read once that humans need five times more chocolate per pound of body weight than dogs do to kill them. I ran some numbers once' date=' and seem to remember coming up with 5 lbs of chocolate to kill a 150lb person.[/quote']

Or just two lbs less than in the traditional "Death by Chocolate".

I read once that humans need five times more chocolate per pound of body weight than dogs do to kill them. I ran some numbers once' date=' and seem to remember coming up with 5 lbs of chocolate to kill a 150lb person.[/quote']

Heheh, last thread de-rail, I promise.

It might take that much to kill a human, but try eating a full pound of it and see how good you feel :)

Is that an acid breathing shark?
Yes. Yes, it is.

To correct a previous poster, the "acidborn monster" template, with an example of a large acidborn shark, is from Dungeonscape, written by two fellows named Jason Bulmahn and Rich Burlew.

Unless there's a second acid breathing shark in MMV...

Yes. Yes, it is.

To correct a previous poster, the "acidborn monster" template, with an example of a large acidborn shark, is from Dungeonscape, written by two fellows named Jason Bulmahn and Rich Burlew.

I was just quoting, but I wonder if there might be one in Gamma World. After all didn't it have the radioactive butterflies?

Yes. Yes, it is.

Nope, you are correct, it was Dungeonscape. My bad. It is still to this day the biggest running joke at our FLGS. I didn't even know that Mr. Burlew was a co-author.