Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Announcing CATSPAW. A weekly installment webcomic written by John C. Hocking, writer of Conan and the Emerald Lotus. Illustrated in color by Storn A. Cook.

Catspaw is a tale of swords, sorceries and deadly intrigues. As Talene, a young ambassador from a powerful nation, is thrown to the wolves in the streets and courts of the world's most powerful and corrupt city.

Hosted by Flashing Swords, the pre-eminent sword and sorcery e-zine on the web. Come dip your paw in the adventure that is CATSPAW!

http://www.swordandsorcery.org/Catspaw/index.html

BannerF.jpg

Announcing CATSPAW. A weekly installment webcomic written by John C. Hocking' date=' writer of [i']Conan and the Emerald Lotus[/i]. Illustrated in color by Storn A. Cook.

Catspaw is a tale of swords, sorceries and deadly intrigues. As Talene, a young ambassador from a powerful nation, is thrown to the wolves in the streets and courts of the world's most powerful and corrupt city.

Hosted by Flashing Swords, the pre-eminent sword and sorcery e-zine on the web. Come dip your paw in the adventure that is CATSPAW!

BannerF.jpg

Looks good Storn :) The bubbles look a bit fuzzy though ... any chance that there will be stats for these characters? :)

Due to popular demand, we've increased the text size. We've also increased the overall size of the actual "page". We hope that makes it a bit easier to read and see.

Note: You might have to "refresh" your pages. After the change was made, I had to.

Thanks for checking us out.

New pages will be loaded up on Wednesdays!

Catspaw:

Much easier to read.

If I may make a few nit picks?

1. I noted a typo: guarantee.
  2. The speech bubbles need to be adjusted a little to follow the flow of the conversation. 2nd page first panel and transitioning to the second.
  3. Text in 4th panel is crammed a little tight in the last bubble.
  4. The transition on page 3 to 4 is a bit jarring as they jump to evening, but I can't offer a better way to handle it.

All in all, it is a well done comic, and the artwork is up to your usual great standard. I love the look of the spike. I can't wait to see what it does.

What a pleasure it is to do a commission that is happy and joyous. Usually I'm doing superheroes who are bad asses or fantasy characters who are badasses. The patron asked for him performing with a sense of joy, a character who never gets downbeat.

ScrollloRes.jpg

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/

I love the way you do folds in cloth! Is that just mental imagery or do you use actual references for it?

Is he an elf, or is that just the way his hair is falling over his ear?

I love the way you do folds in cloth! Is that just mental imagery or do you use actual references for it?

Is he an elf, or is that just the way his hair is falling over his ear?

No, I made up the folds in the cloth. I've worked hard at understanding folds, as it used to be this horrendous chore for me. Now I love it and I can't stop.

His hair was described as "floppy" to me. So he isn't an elf... but if he serves as such for someone... cool.

No, I made up the folds in the cloth. I've worked hard at understanding folds, as it used to be this horrendous chore for me. Now I love it and I can't stop.

His hair was described as "floppy" to me. So he isn't an elf... but if he serves as such for someone... cool.

I think he may... :)

The "dark champions dude" is the character Sweeper from my Weekend Warriors campaign. You can read about it in the Dark Champions forum. BTW if the gun looks a little odd to some of you that's because it is a Manteba, which is an odd gun. The cylinder fires from the bottom so the barrel is mounted low. Storn did it the way it is supposed to look.

This was my first commission from Storn. I originally intended to split the cost with Kevin (he goes by Nightstick on the forum) since it is his character. However Kevin repaid me the full price as long as I made the arrangements for getting it done.

I am very pleased with the art. I think you did an excellent job Storn. :thumbup: I will probably be sending you some more work in the near future. I know that Kevin has seen the picture but I haven't been able to get back in touch with him yet to see what he thinks about it. I am pretty sure he will be pleased as well.

And a dark champions dude for Edsel

That "dude" is ME!:D

Just AWSOME!:thumbup:

I'd say that this version pretty well somes up what I felt that Sweeper should look like!:sneaky:

As far as the "commision", This is something that I had wanted to do for several months, BUT, just could not find the time!:( When Edsel brought up the subject of commisioned art, I jumped at it!

Besides, I could not let someone else pay for my charactor.:thumbdown

As it turns out, we are all VERY HAPPY WITH THE VERSION SUPPLIED!:celebrate

If my rep meter was working better, I'd rep you again just cuz!

That "dude" is ME!:D

Just AWSOME!:thumbup:

I'd say that this version pretty well somes up what I felt that Sweeper should look like!:sneaky:

As far as the "commision", This is something that I had wanted to do for several months, BUT, just could not find the time!:( When Edsel brought up the subject of commisioned art, I jumped at it!

Besides, I could not let someone else pay for my charactor.:thumbdown

As it turns out, we are all VERY HAPPY WITH THE VERSION SUPPLIED!:celebrate

If my rep meter was working better, I'd rep you again just cuz!

to be honest, when I was looking over the visuals for the character, I was like "crap, another trenchcoat guy... how am I going to make him different than the others I've done." But it was the sunglasses and the haircut that really started the ball rolling. Since I didn't need to show the eyes, because of the glasses, I could do a more oblique angle to the skull, yet it would still retain some personality.

Then it was a matter of saying "I'm a gun AND kung fu guy". Then the pose came out. Edsel did a good job of explaining the Matsuba to me... so then it was all down hill from there.

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with Sweeper. It seemed to be very Dark Champions, but still someone new that I hadn't done before.

She's purddy.

I like the twin Quivers on her side. I also like the way you do light/shadows on the main dark bodysuit v the lighter accessories. The fact that I can see the bowstring and her expression inspite of her large "mask"... it's really neat work Storn.