Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

A trio of fantasy warriors. Although #1 and #2 are the same character. I thought I would amuse you all with my mistake. I had done a quick read through of the character and totally missed a couple of things, it wasn't normal fantasy... it was Exalted, which is more over-the-top. And he had big, stompy boots and gauntlets. So I redid him.

But I still like the first image, just not for Exalted.

The last one is a cleric of Tempus.

IceBarb72.jpg

IceBarbII72.jpg

Pieter72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic

Here are three more...

"Putsch" means coup detat in german according to the patron.

The Owlbear I did more as superhero/villain movement than the typical fantasy shot...

Putsch72.jpg

Owlbear72.jpg

Avalanche72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

First is a version of Sagittarius based on voodoo like magics. For patron extraordinaire Death Tribble.

And second is a Ptolus character as a birthday present from husband to wife....awwww....

Sag72.jpg

SisEden72.jpg

Well, I've been happily burbling and churbling out private commissions at a pretty fast clip. And I thought I had no publisher deadlines for some time. How fast things can change in my world.

3 publishers over the course of 2 days gave me work, all of it due on March 15. 1 publisher has a small job needed at the end of the month. Another publisher has two covers needed at the end of the month and I want to finish a contest piece, full painting, by April 11th. Most of the jobs are pretty small ones in themselves, but as a whole, it adds up.

Hopefully, some of these publishers will allow me to place some of the artwork up to promote their games (and to self promote myself, I will not lie ).

So, my pretty fast clip of finishing private commissions is going to come to a crawl.

Please be patient, I will get everyone's done. I love doing them, and if I can, I can slip them in between jobs occasionally.

Here is my latest, a victorian steampunk character, albeit more of western vibe... I believe this is for a Savage Worlds game, but I'm not totally 100% on that.

AgentDixon72.jpg

Here is my latest, a victorian steampunk character, albeit more of western vibe... I believe this is for a Savage Worlds game, but I'm not totally 100% on that.

Neat. I kinda like this guy... ;D Got a bit of a Captain America vibe mixed in...

I thought folks might like to see a rejected piece. Not because it was bad...well, the client said they liked it. I like it. But just because it wasn't a "standing" figure. I was going for something dynamic, but it just didn't fit what the client needed to use it for. Hey, it happens occasionally.

Still, I like it. If anyone has a use for it, I could color it... let me know.

BarbarianLeapsk.jpg

Next up is some pen and ink work, something I don't do as much as I used to. Always kinda nice to dip my pen back into ink. It is for SilverGryphon Games and will be coming out in a bit. Nice of them to give permission to post prior to it coming out. The actual product is "A Death Undeserving". Check it out. Their website is: http://www.silvergryphongames.com/

And here is the artwork:

Schaeffer100.jpg

No CC on this one folks, Silver Gryphon owns Schaeffer there...

• 1 month later...

The next 4 pics are from our Danger Patrol game. The last two sessions, over the last 3 weeks. DP is a retro scifi rpg. And does the breathless pacing, cliffhanger action that was so indicative of yesteryears action scifi.

Here is the link to the Danger Patrol website, which is just the rules. Beta rules are the better ones and the latest ones. This is a fun game, always generates images for me to doodle at the table.

http://www.dangerpatrol.com/

First up is the "Carniforous Rex", the terrible pun given vicious life by our GM, Pete.

CarnRex.jpg

I drew Max Mercury in an early game, but I thought he was a robot... he ain't. He be a cyborg with a toothy smile. So, its a redux sketch time!

GeistMercury.jpg

The Thorn Samurai were definetly a thorn in our side 2 eps ago. Trying to sacrifice a few of members in the jungles of Venus.

Thornsamurai.jpg

Lastly, was definitely a "gal with guns" night... as both Nikita and Princess Alura had impact on the ep. I also noodled the kumite opponent for Singapore Sam, Ivan Ivanovitch, the Sultan of Sambo, the Crimson Terror. And i did a quick noodle-doodle of one of the 3 Pyramids of Mars, the runic, mystical starships that were causing so much trouble.

VarDangersk.jpg

a couple of sketches from our Burning Wheel game. You can see the latest actual play report here (and in that thread are links to earlier actual play reports in 13 Cities game down at bottom in "tags" section)

http://www.burningwheel.org/forum/showthread.php?9217-In-which-the-god-killers-are-given-their-bullets

First up is Aaron's Marcus, the senator and gray knight of Occulae. A master politician and a fierce halberd wielding warrior.

Marcus72.jpg

And Pete's Nikodemus, the assassin who now is finally a licensed godkiller.

Nikodemus72.jpg