CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE II - What Do You Want To See?

Darren Watts

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE II - What Do You Want To See?

But how about that Mexican team? Foreign but close to the American border' date=' with a lot of current issues between those two countries. Surely that has potential.[/quote']

Well my understanding is that Mexico doesn't currently have a team. :)

My thinking on wanting American teams is just based on the idea that most of the Champions players are from the US. Players who had campaigns set in California the last 4 years have waited a long time to see write ups for The California Patrol and Bay Guardians; the same for players in the Midwest waiting to see The Peacekeepers [and, of course, the same for the eastern players but they're getting The Sentinels and Justice Squadron :)].

Champions Worldwide just dumped some 30 international superheroes into the CU. I'm ready to see some Amercan superheroes myself [and have been ready to see them for years]. :)

I can see your point, but for my part I wouldn't want a lot of team-ups with any particular team. I like team-ups to be unusual and special events, so if the location is a little more exotic so much the better. Mind you, most of my campaigns are based somewhere in Canada, so even the US is a little exotic. ;) That probably colors my desire for less Americentric material.

But how about that Mexican team? Foreign but close to the American border, with a lot of current issues between those two countries. Surely that has potential.

I'll add a vote for the Mexican team, or even just some Mexican heroes. A new El Aguila would be just fine.

Heck, I wouldn't mind seeing a Champions of Mexico sourcebook, but I'm not going to hold my breath. ;)

Well my understanding is that Mexico doesn't currently have a team. :)

Government-sponsored, no. But there is an independent team of some note based in Mexico, Los Angeles de la Guarda, "The Guardian Angels." (Champons Worldwide p. 101)

My thinking on wanting American teams is just based on the idea that most of the Champions players are from the US. Players who had campaigns set in California the last 4 years have waited a long time to see write ups for The California Patrol and Bay Guardians; the same for players in the Midwest waiting to see The Peacekeepers [and' date= of course, the same for the eastern players but they're getting The Sentinels and Justice Squadron :)].

Champions Worldwide just dumped some 30 international superheroes into the CU. I'm ready to see some Amercan superheroes myself [and have been ready to see them for years]. :)

All right, that's fair enough. To my way of thinking, even if I was running my campaign in the United States, I wouldn't want another major superteam in my region. That should be my PCs' turf, so that they can be the most important heroes at least on a local level. If our campaign was based on the West Coast, for example, I wouldn't be in any hurry to see the California Patrol or Bay Guardians plunked into my back yard. OTOH I figure once we have a few detailed American NPC teams for the 5E CU, I as GM am free to move them anywhere in the United States that I want, so that they're at hand when I have a good story idea for them, but I don't have to work too hard to explain why they aren't horning in on major developments that my players' heroes are dealing with. I had no qualms about relocating Millennium City to Kansas in my campaign, so moving a team's locale wouldn't upset me. ;)

The thing is, it's not usually hard to come up with ideas for appropriate characters for American-based campaigns, even for non-American gamers; that's where the vast majority of comics series are set, so the conventions are well known. Characters from other countries require more research to give them an aura of authenticity, which is where I as GM would appreciate someone else having done the research for me. :)

The thing is, it's not usually hard to come up with ideas for appropriate characters for American-based campaigns, even for non-American gamers; that's where the vast majority of comics series are set, so the conventions are well known. Characters from other countries require more research to give them an aura of authenticity, which is where I as GM would appreciate someone else having done the research for me. :)

The Five are a carefully researched international Villain team, and can be tweaked into Heroes very easily. No two are from the same country, and none of them are from the USA.

The Defilers are based in Japan, and have only one Chinese member at the moment, though I may add some Korea, Phillipino, and Thai criminals to the mix. Adapting them as Heroes would be tougher, but the research is still there.

Not exactly what you're looking for, but I thought I'd throw it out there. ;)

Cool, and your creative work is much appreciated. :thumbup: I have to admit that I have so many pre-5E Champs teams on hand - earlier incarnations of the Champions, the Protectors, Strike Force, the Freedom Squad, the Cyberknights, the Justice Foundation, plus Steve Kenson's HERO stats for the Freedom League - as well as Digital Hero lineups for the MC8, the Colorado Crusaders, the Forces of Nature and others... well, let's just say that I'm not exactly hurting for American NPCs. ;) I guess that does color my perception of the need for more "official" US teams.

We should probably wrap up this thread derailment, though. We may be entertaining Darren, but I doubt we're helping him much. :o

We should probably wrap up this thread derailment, though. We may be entertaining Darren, but I doubt we're helping him much. :o

Back on topic, I'd love a Mexican or Canadian Hero team, or both. Also, an interview with an American Super indignant over Mexican Supers crossing the border and fighting crime would be hilarious. :)

Discussion of how to avoid overshadowing the PCs with NPC heroes. The Champions in my game tend to be ummm anywhere but somewhere accessible when the players ask about them. The Champions have been off in space, another dimension, other handwaving smoke blowing excuse a lot in the last few years.

More on Primus would be useful (unless they are getting a bigger write-up elsewhere).

An accompanying CD with Theme Songs for all the Major Heros and Teams!!

Hmm... what do you think Queen would charge in royalties? ;)

Now that I think of it, since we're getting writeups for the Sentinels and Justice Squadron, how about detailing their bases and/or team vehicles? Preferably with maps, if practical. Oftentimes a ready made supers base is even handier to have than a ready made supers team.

Hmm... what do you think Queen would charge in royalties? ;)

Now that I think of it, since we're getting writeups for the Sentinels and Justice Squadron, how about detailing their bases and/or team vehicles? Preferably with maps, if practical. Oftentimes a ready made supers base is even handier to have than a ready made supers team.

I'd love to see this. Super Bases and vehicles are tremendously useful.

Things I'd Like To See....

1)A "what happened to?" for all the major villans and heroes and organizations...not much. The big ones-VIPER, DEMON, UNTIL, and PRIMUS shouldn't be more than a page at most, just enough info to give an idea of plot seeds for characters ("In 2005, Bulldozer was actually as powerful as he thought he was for one whole day...").

2)I'd love to see a few new villians/villian teams that are second-stringers for the big bad guys, whom can take the place of a Dr. Destroyer/Mechanon/Graviton if the PCs manage to bust them. Enough info and history to have all sorts of fun.

3)Perhaps new character info for the various heros and villians that have appeared. Combine it with the "What Happened To", in the form of what has changed.

4)New stuff! New gadgets, gear, weapons, equipment, small fuzzy animals from Alpha Centauri...

I would like to see IHA expanded a bit. A new Minute Man would be sweet!

I have a Minuteman Mark 13 Just as lethal as the older version, but human sized and with doppelganger powers.

Send Me a PM if you want A copy.

I'd love to see this. Super Bases and vehicles are tremendously useful.

Yeah, though I thought that that Champions stuff was a bit elaborate, they made for good templates in my game.

More ideas on this kind of thing are always helpful!

I was just thinking... there are a few things I would want... mostly surrounding how villains are dealt with in the CU when captured. Of course, some of this may be dealt with in the Stronghold book, but this is still of use.

Questions like what is the typical sentance for certain super-crimes.

What is the average sentance served by criminals for certain crimes.

What does the system do with super-powered criminals when they are waiting to be tried.

Another bit might be how frequently certain super-crimes are stopped, and how often super-criminals are captured...

The goal of this is an idea of how frequently a GM might be able to bring back certain villains and/or teams. If they are typically locked up for "real world" terms, once a villain is captured, they probably are done with for the campaign duration.

How about the Champions Superteam's Evil alternate universe Counterparts.

You can give them all goatees, a la Spock. Even the girls.

But seriously; These can be the alternate world versions of the Champions that showed up or that the heroes crossed over elswhere and met.

(What's a superheroic universe without official evil duplicates?)

How about the Champions Superteam's Evil alternate universe Counterparts.

You can give them all goatees, a la Spock. Even the girls.

But seriously; These can be the alternate world versions of the Champions that showed up or that the heroes crossed over elswhere and met.

(What's a superheroic universe without official evil duplicates?)

They were just in Digital Hero.