What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

I watched "Benji" last night. I hadn't seen that movie since I was a kid back when it was first released in theaters (1973).

The thing about it was that the two kids who befriended Benji and were later kidnapped were approximately my age when I originally saw it. That means that right now they are about my age.

Boy, I'm really feeling old these days.:weep:

Got the complete Sherlock Holmes. Got through the first two disks and have the third in the player now. Ronald Howard and H. Marion Crawford come across as a unique Holmes/Watson team.

CES

Hadn't heard of this, how do you compare it to the Jeremy Brett series (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086661/)? I consider the Brett series to be the best version of Holmes done so far.

Hadn't heard of this' date=' how do you compare it to the Jeremy Brett series (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086661/)? I consider the Brett series to be the best version of Holmes done so far.[/quote']

Brett was a Holmes closer to the material in attitude while Rathbone was closer in the physical aspects. Howard brings a sort of PSYCH attitude with Holmes's sometimes ruthlessness. Crawford as Watson is sharper than Bruce, and more prone to knocking a man out than Brett's Watson (whose name I don't remember).

CES

Having discovered the joy of Hulu and other online sources for video, I've been doing some catching up.

Burn Notice is now my favorite show currently in production.

Finally got to see the whole run of The Dresden Files, and it's a crime this show got canceled.

My Own Worst Enemy might be giving Burn Notice a run for it's money... we'll see how it pans out. The Premier ep. was about what I expected.... I really like Christian Slater when he's on his game as an actor.

Am now up to the beginning of the 4th season of Lost, and it's... an interesting character study. I suspect I'd have dropped it if I had to wait for it at the normal broadcast schedule. Wayyy too much plot induced stupidity. bossman Ben of the Others is the worst "master manipulator" I've ever seen, not to take into account little dumb things like, oh... NORMAL HUMAN REACTIONS!!!!! *cough* OK, I'm better now.

Hadn't heard of this' date=' how do you compare it to the Jeremy Brett series (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086661/)? I consider the Brett series to be the best version of Holmes done so far.[/quote']

Likewise, as you can see I have a few of his :)

http://www.curufea.com/library/listings.php?search_list=y&linked_items=include&title_match=partial&title=sherlock

Sorry, forgot - username/password = test/test

I watched "Benji" last night. I hadn't seen that movie since I was a kid back when it was first released in theaters (1973).

The thing about it was that the two kids who befriended Benji and were later kidnapped were approximately my age when I originally saw it. That means that right now they are about my age.

Boy, I'm really feeling old these days.:weep:

I watched it again about a year ago, having also seen it during the first release. It was much slower than I remembered, though the kick* showed more than I would have expected. It did make me nostalgic for pudding in a can, which had a certain chemical taste to it, a taste that hasn't been properly duplicated in current Snack Pack containers (though, with recent packages, I think that they tried).

Just got done watching "Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Crystal Skull". Ironically, I tried to watch it when it came out, but the theater was sold out. We ended up in "Iron Man" instead. I'm certain now that we got into the better movie. Surprisingly, I didn't have a problem suspending disbelief in this one. It's just that the special effects didn't really have much to hang on, story-wise, and the new characters were missing something.

Watched "I Am Legend" a few nights ago, and found it to be better than I thought it would. I'd easily rate it higher than "Omega Man", but can't compare it to the Vincent Price version, since I haven't seen that one. It was a bit dark, so I ended up watching "Catch Me If You Can", which is a serviceable movie, with DiCaprio actually turning in a decent performance.

And, of course, I watched "Iron Man" again last week. While the visuals are great, what struck me the most was the interaction between characters. Truly one of the better movies that I've seen this year.

JoeG

*If you've seen "Benji", you know the kick of which I speak.

So L.Marcus,what did you think of the Ang Lee version of the Hulk?

It seems that people who hated the Ang Lee version hated this one,and vice versa.

I guess I'll have to watch Hulk again...

Errrr... so no one liked any version of the Hulk?

So L.Marcus,what did you think of the Ang Lee version of the Hulk?

It seems that people who hated the Ang Lee version hated this one,and vice versa.

I guess I'll have to watch Hulk again...

Errrr... so no one liked any version of the Hulk?

I enjoyed both films in the cinema.

Nope.

Oh, watched Hellboy animated Blood and Iron. The BPRD fights a vampire.

And wolves, and harpies, and a werewolf, and the goddess Hecate...

I really love that film and consider it one of the best vampire movies I've ever seen. Especially when they show us just how dangerous Professor Broom can be. Intelligence really is the ultimate weapon!

I really love that film and consider it one of the best vampire movies I've ever seen. Especially when they show us just how dangerous Professor Broom can be. Intelligence really is the ultimate weapon!

I liked it a lot and really wish the live-action films could have been more like this.

Did the Lobster Johnson animated film ever come out?

I liked it a lot and really wish the live-action films could have been more like this.

Did the Lobster Johnson animated film ever come out?

THERE'S A LOBSTER JOHNSON MOVIE?!?

Why am I always the last to know?

Edit: Also, just found out that del Toro wants Bruce Campbell to play him in Hellboy 3. Awesome.

THERE'S A LOBSTER JOHNSON MOVIE?!?

Why am I always the last to know?

Edit: Also, just found out that del Toro wants Bruce Campbell to play him in Hellboy 3. Awesome.

They show a teaser at the end of Blood and Iron.

I saw that, but I can't remember the part you mention with Professor Broom. Can you maybe tell me in spoilers?