WSWYCK: Karaoke Night

Hermit

Perhaps your character is being bulled into it by his team mates.

Maybe Foxbat is threatening to deface Mt. Rushmore via remote unless each superhero takes a turn at the microphone on live TV.

Heck, maybe it is a real railroad, and some cosmic being of immense power has gathered superhumans and forced them to perform or else the universe will be DOOOME!

So , that in mind, and assuming your character can choose from any song possible...

What Song would your character Karaoke?

:D

Re: WSWYCK: Karaoke Night

GREAT idea for a WWYCD. I'd rep but I need to spread some around.

Let's see, I'm not really good at this sort of thing but I'll try:

StarKnight: Beyonce's "Ireplaceable."

Tyr: probably has the best voice of the Silver Knights. After starting out with some ancient bardic tune that no one can understand, and being told to restart by the BBEG (Big Bed Evil Guy), he's probably go by an old standby by Frank Sinatra

Nova: pick an emo song- probably Evanescence "Immortal."

Iceberg: Being a Golden Age character, karaoke would probably be over his head initially. He'd probably be true to his patriotic roots and just sing the Canadian National Anthem.

Osprey: Well, she has a slight problem. In her Hero ID, she can't talk, let alone sing. She can only really...squawk. And let's just say Sonic Scream + microphone = BAD IDEA! :eek:

Prospero: "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" by the Proclaimers. He won't tell you why though.

Cascade/Ningyo: Just how well-stocked is the karaoke bar? She's very shy, but if the songbooks actually carried any Japanese numbers, she'd be more at ease (and hoping no one notices if she flubs the words). She'd probably do "Ultra Relax", the theme to Kodoma no Omocha (which I actually have a karaoke version of saved on my computer) :celebrate

The Midnight Angel: Looking for redemption, he'd do "Amazing Grace". Of course, if his human host Thomas Blackchurch is out instead and has any say, Thom would be doing stuff like "Closer" by NiN, Orgy's cover of "Blue Monday" or "Papercut" by Linkin Park.

Ingenue: "History Repeating" by Shirley Bassey or "The Rose" by Bette Milder. Hell, the world doesn't even have to be threatened to get her on any sort of stage!

Mr. Nonsense would pick "Another One Bites The Dust" by Queen, but would mess up the lyrics, so it would be more like "My Brother Won Bikes Of Rust"

Shift is a fan of death metal, so he'd choose "No Warning Shot" by Six Feet Under

Emerald Dragon, while actually Chinese, loves the Japanese rock band Sex Machineguns. Besides, "SHR (Sexy Hero Revolution)" is a perfect song for him.

October Raven would choose "Down (Where I Am)" by Demons and Wizards

Scrapper would go with "Iron Man" by Black Sabbath.

Hmm. Vitus, vindictive, racist, murderous bastard that he is, would probably take some convincing that a threat to Mt Rushmore requires him even getting out of bed, but...

He'ld recite one of the poems from his lost homeworld, and probably be crying uncontrollably by the end of it

Jake the Troll - would want to do It's not Easy being Green, but then would stop when he heard someone else do it. Then he'd get kinda pouty, and end doing his fallback song, the Immigrant Song ("We come from a land of Ice and Snow"). His sister would try to get him to sing Lola, but he would glare at her, and refuse.

Icon - would get up on stage, stare silently at the audience, making everyone extremely uncomforable, and then get down after 3 minutes. If asked, she'd claim to have done a rendition of a silent piano conchierto. Yeah, she doesn't care much for "funny" supervillians trying to yank her chain.

Shinji Miromoto - as the son of a sarariman, actually really likes Kareoke. He'd probably do something from Frank Sinatra, just because it's traditional and he'd done it before.

Jason Jones - "Paint it Black", by the Rolling Stones. He'd be kinda grumpy at this, too.

Hellfire: Fever, because she'd want to try to use it to hit on the object of her romantic obsession.

:)

I have a character named Angelfire. Her day job is rockstar, and Fever is her signature song. Great minds and all that.... :eg:

And as her day job being a singer, I didn't bother with doing her for the karaoke. :)

Millennium His theme song, Holding Out for a Hero.

Iron Will What else? Believe It or Not (I'm Walking on Air)

Dolphin If he can get the others to do harmony, Kokomo, otherwise Calypso.

Cheeta This may not be an available option. There was a very short-lived series on HBO, called First and Ten. The theme the second season went something like

There's a line you can't measure

In between Pain and Pleasure

There's a point of Resistance

Few will ever go the distance!

[i'm missing a few lines]

Step Accross! Take your Shot!

Show the disbelievers what you've got!

Risk it all! Stand or fall!

You may just find your dreams

Inside the White Line!

I couldn't find it on a five minute net search, don't know if it will be on the Cosmic Karaoke Machine.

Otherwise, will do a duet with Snow Leopard of Eye of the Tiger

Snow Leopard Eye of the Tiger, with or without Cheeta.

Olorin, the mad mage "We're off to see the wizard" from wizard of Oz. He loves the movie and thinks the "Pay no attention to the man behind th curtain." line is a hoot.

Black Tiger - "Eye of the tiger" from the Rocky movies.

Volt First, he would suprise quite a few people - He's quite a good singer - esp. when harmonizing. If in a patriotic mood he'd do "Star Spangled Banner", which quite hard to sing well. If in a silly mood (rare) he'd do "Your red scarf matches your eyes" in a Rudy Valley (Spelling) voice. Probably would do "Can't help falling in love with you" by Elvis. He would not need the words for any of these either- or the music. He's quite comfortable singing a capella.

Mask of Justice: Another Golden Age character puzzled by the whole idea of karaoke. ("Isn't that a Japanese word?") He'd blank on any current music, and wind up singing Yankee Doodle.

Calculus: "Why am I out in public again?" In an attempt to be ironic, he'll sing "With a Little Help From My Friends."

Rock Bottom: Karma Chameleon. Too bad he sounds like rocks grating against each other.

Kira Midori: "Please Smile For Me"--as performed by Eriko Tamura.

Talion: People would kind of expect him to do NIN or Linkin Park given how horrible his life is, but he is a bit old to have gotten into them. Instead, he'll sing "Don't Worry, Be Happy"--in the wrong style.

Anthem - Ordinary World by Duran Duran. She has an average singing voice at best.

Audra Blue - Closer by Nine Inch Nails, to see if she could get the line "I want to F*** you like an animal" onto TV :eg:

Uncle Slam - Ballad of the Green Berets because everything else he knows are patriotic songs or classical music.

I'll have to think about this...

Lab Rat has no singing talent, but he'd try just because he's been bullied into it. His song choice would likely be "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" by Daft Punk, or similarly the song "Digital Love." The only techno songs he knows that have lyrics that can be understood.

Sonic Eagle thinks himself more of a reporter and crimefighter than a singer. But he'd try something of the Barry White variety.

Kitsune is pretty good at singing, and would probably do a Japanese song. Perhaps "I look up when I walk" (known in America as "Sukiyaki.")

Lyle Lynx would probably have set a bomb somewhere major, and arranged a condition in which if Reinard the Fox doesn't do a concert before a live audience, with news coverage, the bomb will detonate. Hopefully, there will be cops seeking the bomb to disarm it, but in the meantime, Reinard will be giving performances of "Foxy Lady" by Jimi Hendrix, "20th Century Fox" by the Doors, "Fox on the Run" by Sweet, all up to the most humiliating part, an impromptu rhyming to the classic tune 'Merry-go-round Broke Down' (from Who Framed Roger Rabbit, remember the Bar scene before Judge Doom arrived.) Lynx's goal: Vulpine Humiliation. If the bomb went off, it wouldn't matter. if it were disarmed, it wouldn't matter.