Are we Ready to Rock? I dunno...are we?

Enforcer84

So I'm working on my KISS-Like Girl band from the 70's.

They're a bit o' color for my Else Earth world, more of an exercise in character creation.

The leader of the band is a Dragon who generally assumes human form. She's quite powerful. And has Mental Defense.

Her Persona is "the White Lady" she wears a white mask with silver eyes and lips. The White Lady is a vocalist, rhythm guitarist, and plays lots of other instruments.

The Bass Player is an invulnerable martial artist and wannabe brick. Her main ability is to soak up damage. (40 DEF); She's from Spain, but studied a Korean Martial Art in the UK. :) She's more of a Rock Star (in terms of partying and living on the edge) than her fellow band-mates. but I am at a loss for her stage persona/Nick Name.

I was looking for a Spanish word for Invincible, but it's very similar to the english word, not cool enough. Perhaps latin? I want a tough sounding name.

The Keyboardist (Also vocalist and a few other instruments, and is the Sound FX genius) is from Norway, and she's a cyborg. Again, I have no Persona for her. I was thinking "The Silver Angel". Her powers are a tough cybernetic frame with Sonic armament. At this point (almost 4 decades from her origin) she's on a third or fourth upgrade and the level of sophistication is astounding. She also has a number of "Anti-Supernatural" tech weapons built in. Designed by herself and her fellow bandmates

The Drummer is a Kitsune (Fox Spirit) altered to fit into my Superheroic worldview. I'm assuming I'll use Fox in her stage Persona, but I'm not sure exactly what it will be. She's going to be a Magic Ninja Girl...

For lead guitar I am a little stuck. Originally I was going to go Banshee, fey, or Efreet/Djinni style creature but I realized that I need to balance the magic of the Dragon and the Kitsune, so now I'm thinking of going to the opposite extreme and having her be an alien. And I have no idea what powerset I want.

Anyway, I've been kicking the band around in my head for years. Actually just the name "Masquerade" and the Dragon, and then The Hells Belles from the Algernon files went and did it better anyway.:)

So I want to finally have this so I can work on my next band. They're going to be evil but I'm not sure how I want to do it; Death Metal? Boy Band? Rap? We'll see.

As always comments and aid would be appreciated.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Are we Ready to Rock? I dunno...are we?

For lead guitar I am a little stuck. Originally I was going to go Banshee, fey, or Efreet/Djinni style creature but I realized that I need to balance the magic of the Dragon and the Kitsune, so now I'm thinking of going to the opposite extreme and having her be an alien. And I have no idea what powerset I want.

As always comments and aid would be appreciated.

Clapton, Hendrix, Page; any are a hard act to follow. Except, for a Duplicator Android. Different look, but can mimic any or because of its high tech computer like mind-it can play any of their chords and riffs in a completely different note pattern.

Sounds like you're keeping busy, Enforcer. :) This reminds me the Junkyard Dogs metahuman punk band that I threw at a group of heroes in Lakeport several years ago.

Wavecrasher (Lead Vocalist) -- a male mentalist that could focus soundwaves to mind control large crowds and cause hallucinations.

Thumper (Drummer) -- a female speedster martial artist who could cause area of effect hearing flashes with her supersonic kicks.

Scrapyard (Bassist) -- a male brick who had bits of metal woven into his skin to form a permanent form of armor.

Razz (Lead Guitarist) -- a female energy projector who could call electricity from any man-made source to strike targets.

Mixx (Keyboardist) -- a male gadgeteer who specialized in sonic and light-based powers.

Road Crew (Roadie) -- a low level brick (with the Dirty Infighting MA) with replication powers.

Your group sounds like they're going to be a lot of fun, too. :)

Matt "Memory-lane-junkie" Frisbee

The Bass Player is an invulnerable martial artist and wannabe brick. Her main ability is to soak up damage. (40 DEF); She's from Spain, but studied a Korean Martial Art in the UK. :) She's more of a Rock Star (in terms of partying and living on the edge) than her fellow band-mates. but I am at a loss for her stage persona/Nick Name.

I was looking for a Spanish word for Invincible, but it's very similar to the english word, not cool enough. Perhaps latin? I want a tough sounding name.

How about Fortaleza (Fortress)? Or here's another one: Almena (Battlement). Another suggestion -- Terraplen (Rampart).

Hope this helps!

Matt "Double-posting-again" Frisbee

Invincible - Invictus or Victrix (Victory) perhaps?

Anyway, I think you're going about this all wrong. Remember, it's been 25 years since Macross brought the golden voice of Lynne Minmay to the world. Shouldn't you be... Hey!... Ouch!... Quit that! Stop hitting me dammit! Put that stick down... what did I... Ouch... say?

Invencible (Invincible)

Invicto (Never defeated)

Indestructible

Invulnerable

Duro (Tough)

Fortaleza (Fortress)

Alcázar (Fortress)

Muro (Wall)

Muralla (Fortress wall)

Bastion (Another name for a Fortress)

Alcazaba (Yes, another name for a fortress or castle, in Spanish we have many of these words)

Hormigón (Concrete)

I can give you more (and best) spanish names if you tell me a little more about the character style/personality. Names of hard materials? Names of diferent kind of fortress?

Where from Spain? Rather than Spanish, you could always go Catalan or Basque name-wise.

You could have her be a hot babe of unnatural hue (Rigellans from Alien Wars would be good, as they have US hearing, and vocal range) but green if you want a more Star Trek look. Have her been caught in a teleportation related lab accident that ended up transporting her hundreds if not thousands of light years to Earth when she tried to hook her instrument up to an experimental power source on her own planet for better amp. Now, she's gained the power of teleportation herself, not enough to get off planet, but she can rock all around the stage easily!

:)

As for the bad guys? My vote would be for

The Hustlers, a Disco Group that believes Disco is supreme!

T.W.A.N.G, A Country group of supervillains that lament over and over how the government is stopping them from their lively hood of crime when really they're just good ole boys. They can never agree on what their acronym means.

Kitten Kickers of Karthos!, a black metal band that is into demon worship, burning churches, and ritual human sacrifice, but it being art, folks give them a slide. However, lately their lead singer has begun biting the heads off live kittens on stage. Now they've gone TOO far!

Given the comments by a number of performers, I'd make the leader of an evil band literally demonic, consuming the life energy of those in the audience (a tiny amount per person, but that can get up to an appreciable amount) during a performance, in exchange for cheap sonic euphoria for a few minutes. It's trigger an addictive sort of response, of course. And it'll be very difficult to prove that it's the band itself that causes the increased death rate of its fans.

What better powerset for a lead guitarist than superspeed?

Her solos could be insane - with fingers moving over the frets so fast, that the friction causes the guitar to actually light on fire!

I did a WWYCD a while ago that you might be able to mine a little for ideas (I'm unsure how to add the link, but search for WWYCD: Let's Rock!)

I like Almena...we'll see what I can accomplish.

Isabella is from Barcelona. She's always had her powers to some extent but they really peaked and solidified when she was about 26 (this would have been around 1982) She's from a well to do family but not too wealthy. She was a student of classical guitar, she went with a few of her friends to the UK on a holiday when she was 16 and she fell in love with rock music. She convinced her parents to let her stay in the UK, with a friend of theirs. This friend was who she began learning martial arts from (mostly on a lark but also her invulnerability powers gave her a lot of pent up energy and this was a good focus for it). She played in a number of cover bands and met Giselle (the Dragon) at a "folk music festival" (Isabella was studying all sorts of music at the time).

Isabella is 6'1'' tall, weighs about 175 lbs (invulnerable muscle) she has a rather voluptuous figure with muscles (yer basic videogame/comic parodox). She's the groups' rock star. She is seen at social functions (in her mask and costume) all over the world. Since she's immune to alcohol, drugs, etc, she did her share (and a couple of others' shares as well) in the 70's but for the most part it was just to fit in. The drugs didn't get her high either. She's toned it down, but still is a party animal she loves to dance and sing, and flirt and lots of things. She loves working with other musicians and she can kind of stalk them.

When it comes time to fight, she's more of a shield than a hammer. She occupies the enemies' attention but she doesn't do all that much damage. (10d6 kick)

I second the lead guitarist being a speedster...

As for a name for the bass player, how about Irrompible? (Unbreakable)

And the 'evil band' should be shock rockers, ala Alice Cooper, Gwar, Lordi, etc.

That's where I'm leaning. I'm thinking the Evil Band will belong to one of my sinister mystic groups. They will be a more tightly themed group. Perhaps a Necromancer and some freewilled dead.

Google Nagato Yuki.

She appears to be an antisocial bookworm. She is in fact an AI construct sent to earth by an alien race created of pure data. She has the ability to data-hack her surroundings, affecting her (she became an instant guitar hero because the situation demanded it) and/or others (she altered a baseball bat to always hit home runs no matter who held it).

Something to work from, perhaps.

Google Nagato Yuki.

She appears to be an antisocial bookworm. She is in fact an AI construct sent to earth by an alien race created of pure data. She has the ability to data-hack her surroundings, affecting her (she became an instant guitar hero because the situation demanded it) and/or others (she altered a baseball bat to always hit home runs no matter who held it).

Something to work from, perhaps.

I like it.