What would your sidekick be named?

薔薇語

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: What would your sidekick be named?

Karma doesn't do sidekicks. Possibly because she'd insist on them being called Sutra, and no-one's going to be willing to go down that path.

As for my other characters. Fore-eyes would probably let his sidekick name themselves, as it should be (heck the most famous dynamic duo was kind of non-sequiter: Batman and Robin? Really who would have seen that coming)

Hardball has Pitch already. (He refused to be called softball, *very* vehermently)

Most of my characters aren't really big on sidekicks. Team-mates sure but 'junior off-siders?', most consider them too much Hunted bait to try to have one.

Steele: Name would probably be something else, but probably called some variant on 'hon,' 'sweetie,' or 'boy toy.'

Void: Vortex, most likely.

Field Test: Death Wish? Splat 1, 2, 3...?

Sparky: He already has one, at least potentially. If the blind girl he serves as seeing eye dog for ever gets powers....

Hmm... An interesting question.

Looking at my account name and keeping in my mind a sidekick would serve as mostly the person in charge of taking care of stuff for me, I suppose a good name would be NestorDStaff, but that has as many troublesome implications as Karma's naming choice. :D

An honest-to-goodness kid sidekick, like from the silver age? None of my PCs would encourage anything so irresponsible; they all would draw the line at a follower who was under the age of majority, or at least around their own age if they themselves were still underage.

Soulbarb already has Nocturne, a 0-pt. AsPow DNPC love interest. On the other hand she does often do her investigation in her secret ID, and any tag-alongs at that time are potential temporary sidekick material... but she's certainly not going to get them involved when the fur really starts flying.

Sylph similarly has a couple NPCs that she tends to hang around with, Alaric and Magnesia. As far as I know they are AsPow NPCs though. She'd consider herself too young and inexperienced to take on an actual sidekick to mentor.

Beastwarden has Glaive, but she's not really a sidekick either. Like Beastwarden, she's a refugee from another time, lost in the mists of history. In Beastwarden's current game, she's fallen a bit from her heroic roots and become a super-mercenary; one of his current goals is to try to redeem her. Glaive is a bit less powerful than Beastwarden.

For my sign-in name, I don't have one. For my characters:

Volt - Spare battery. Only tongue in cheek. Sparky might work. Sparks would be more likely.

Olorin - Gandalf. Lord of the rings fans would get this. Olorin is one of Gandalf's names. Gandalf's name "Olorin was I in the West that is forgotten." Not really. He'd probably have him called "Apprentice".

Black Tiger - Almost certainly would not happen. Tiger cub may work if it did.

Futurian - HWIYTC (Hwee-tk) He Who Is Yet To Come. A joke, but he'd use it.

Lead man - Density.

Aquatic- Mm, not sure, his love interest could get some minor powers, but in fairness, neither of them would refer to her as a 'sidekick'

Mole would end up with "Gopher Boy", and the 18 year old Mole would treat him like the snotty little brother he NEVER wanted

I think in this modern age of responsibility and avoiding endangering minors, we should be looking to Lucha Libre for inspiration in such things as sidekicks.

You need a midget that looks just like you with similar powers!

Senor Mysterio already has Mini Senor Mysterio.

The Paladine would have a plucky young-woman as a 'sidekick' who is actually the brains of the operation. She is called the Paladin-ette.

Satire could totally have a midget ninja sidekick called Parody.

Bingo the Clowno could have a team of midget clown acrobats each named a letter. B. I. N. G. O. That'd be awesome. I need to write them up.