Quote of the Week From My Life.

Lucius

Went to see Mad Max : Fury Road last night - highly satisfying. I was cackling and applauding and bouncing in my seat so much Purrdence had to hold me down at times. Although she was getting pretty bouncy herself. I noticed her making small impatient noises at the traffic lights on the way home.

Me: You want to scream through the intersection waving the steering wheel over your head,don't you?
Purrdence: *blushes and nods*

Two items:

1) On Saturday I took my sons to the Family Fun Fair at a local park. The local radio station had a van there to play (not transmitting, just playing for the crowd). When we got there, the song was "I Feel Like Making Love." I thought, "That's Hercules theme song from the Arena draft. Oh, this would be a terrible arena for next season! A small park with families. And Hercules in one of his trademark fights where no one loses."

2) I was reading a posted vignette this morning. It was over the top humor with an evil army facing down one described as "vile." The vile was besieging the evil empire's headquarters.

One of the commentors said, "The vile army's Dark Lord needs to be standing on a hill of skulls, sipping a fruity drink."

Another replied: "Just a hill of skulls?"

Original: "Of course. Because a mountain of skulls would just be gauche."

"Okay, next on the agenda is the time machine.  Dave, I need you to get that up and running by Friday."

"Sure, no problem."

"Last Friday."

"Uh... well, I guess if I invent a time machine, that won't be a problem either."

"But you didn't!  You've failed!"

There's no future in time travel.

Lucius Alexander

Investing in palindromedary futures

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The morning my family was readying to leave for vacation, my youngest turned down my request to help finish off the chocolate cake she had made a few days before.

Her:  I haven't had breakfast yet.  You can't eat cake for breakfast.

Me:  I have three words for you:  Va-Ca-Tion.  (pause)  And before you point out that is just one word, I'd like to point out that my brain is already on Va-Ca-Tion.