Where do gangsters get pool babes?

Alverant

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Where do gangsters get pool babes?

Tori never had a 24 COM. Maybe 18. Maybe.

Wanna fight about it? ;)

12-14 tops. 24 COM (or +3 Striking Appearance for you 6E folks) is really hard to get in real life. Women I would cut off a limb to be with like Monica Belluci or Christina Hendricks are probably only going to come out in the 18-20 range. Maybe Scarlett Johansen or Angelina Jolie get a 22. It's really subjective. However, I agree with Kraven. Tori Spelling at her best was not close to an 24.

Well, there is the "TV reality vs our reality problem". I have no idea how accurate "A-Team" was, but I'm guessing not very.

I do know of one instance of intentionally stocking a party with beautiful women. Muammar Gaddafi, an important man in Libya, put out a request to a hostess agency for 500 beautiful young women. He only got 200. Essentially, he put out an ad and promised €50 for showing up.

5"7? I prefer short women myself. Just saying. (hey my family is filled with 6"0 guys marrying 5"1 women)

Well, as a villain myself, I am not into the whole hot pool babe thing. I just want to find a nice villainess (possible oxymoron) with common interest-or at least common hatreds of heroes-to share a budding criminal empire with.

Is that too much to ask?

Well the important ting to remember is numbers. For example the 200 Kadafi had is way too many for your typical gangster/criminal mastermind. At a minimum your just trying to get some nicce eye candy as you relax. This isn't the playboy mansion, it's the hub of your criminal enterprise. Thats why most people limit their pool babes to around six at most. Then it's just a question of turnover. Does one of them show a use besides looking pretty in a bikini? Do you want to change them out every week? Then you'll need much more than six. But on average once you get four your pretty well set. If your wealth and power dosen't get you enough potenital canidates this ad should fill the bill.

Wanted beautiful woman to hang out at pool wearing as little as possible. Food, drinks, and patrty favors provided. Must be descrete. Severe penalties for indescrete applicants. Pay five thousand a week.

Well, as a villain myself, I am not into the whole hot pool babe thing. I just want to find a nice villainess (possible oxymoron) with common interest-or at least common hatreds of heroes-to share a budding criminal empire with.

Is that too much to ask?

The Monarch already bagged her....

From a Variable Babe Pool, of course.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary observes that the Control Cost is surprisingly steep

I suppose it has to be, in order to justify a continuing crime spree.

Otherwise, why continue? The VBP should be a veritable font of hedonistic fulfillment.

• 2 weeks later...

Filthy lucre. Power. Exclusive circles. Protection. Flouting society's rules.

Women also have base motives.

Not just men.

I may regret asking this, but what's "filthy lucre"?

Also I was referring to the make-believe world in the TV shows and movies where women having a harem of men is nearly unheard of.

But to be fair, you have a point we just don't see it as often. Those few times I have seen it, it was done in the context of being a control freak with S&M overtones instead of a "look at how manly I am" machismo.

I may regret asking this' date=' but what's "filthy lucre"?[/quote']

Dirty money. Generally a lot of illicitly gained cash.

Also I was referring to the make-believe world in the TV shows and movies where women having a harem of men is nearly unheard of.

There is a certain amount of Truth in Television, here. There have seldom been female crime bosses, and female mobsters are a rare exception. They have existed, but its more of an exception that proves a rule, especially with the mafia. As a result, we were talking past one another. I was responding to the question "where do gangsters get pool babes?" My answer: base motives. Gangsters have money, make use of power outside the law, have an unsavory populist mystique, and may be seen as protection. A young women less concerned with the quality of the man than the quantity he provides, and not possessing overly refined morals herself, could well trade on her "poolside looks" in exchange for access to those things.

But to be fair' date=' you have a point we just don't see it as often. Those few times I have seen it, it was done in the context of being a control freak with S&M overtones instead of a "look at how manly I am" machismo.[/quote']

Well, the mob has that Gollywood image to maintain. Very few of them are cut in the mold of The Dapper Don, John Gotti. A real mobster isn't a guy in a a brioni suit and rolex running a glitzy burlesque club and making collections in his lexus while surrounded by a harem wowza femme fatales, though. In the real world he's a guy in a stained wife-beater running a rinky-dink pizza joint with an under-dressed, over-painted, over-made-up mistress snapping her shiny press on nails for bills on the side. And he sent his nephew and chubby accomplice to make collections in the delivery van that needs a new transmission. One reason the mob has money is that they tend to be notorious grasping pinchfist lickpennies in terms of overhead.

But, if we are talking about Gollywood, you have some non-S&M archetypes for women with harems: Queen Bees and Dragon Ladies. They appear, in various cosmetic alterations in a wide variety of genres. Also, sometimes the Unwanted Harem trope is played. With female characters, however, this usually focuses on their sexual power, or is done to ham-fistedly inform the audience how sexy they are, and not rooted in the stereotypical cultural trappings of male power: money, power, violence, etcetera. Instead, these women are portrayed as sensual and (manipulatively) intelligent. Men and women select sex partners using very different sorting algorithms in the real world. To make male "pool girls" for a female character without the primary motive being that she is a sensuously dangerous intellect, ergo, that they wanted her because she had the traditional trappings of male power, requires a very deft authorial hand. Its not impossible, or unrealistic if you take the time to lay the groundwork to support it, but people won't buy into an unexplained gender reversal.

My pool babes just showed up after my pool was built and I went outside and cackled madly at the broad scope of my criminal empire while holding a martini. I think they are somewhat like stray cats, only they go for pools, money, and criminals instead of milk, snuggles, and cat food.

Just my experience. I'll walk outside and ask one of the pool girls once their coke buzz wears off and they are semi-coherent again.

• 2 weeks later...